deal (ONE BAD) - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 07-29-2008, 03:02 PM   #1
Mingo

Default deal (ONE BAD)

Ok, I called and made a deal with this guy on saturday about me buying kayak. He was all good and i would pick it up on friday of this week.

As you guys its more than a hop down there so i usually have to plan my trips.

Now this guy calls me today Tuesday and tells me his phone is ringing off the hook about kayak. i am working night shift this week til Fri. morning. Now way i can get down til when we agreedon

Where i come from a deal is a deal and a man's word is his bond. This in my opinion was a shitty deal. really hope ne sells his kayak because i was buying it for my son and not myself.

What do u guys think. Gve me some feed back.Is this shady-- shitty or what.
14offshore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2008, 03:28 PM   #2
WW2
Sailfish

Default RE: deal (ONE BAD)

I had something similar but the guy I am dealing with was in that exact same scenario. I had tried to get him to hold it but I couldn't make any real promises and anything can happen. If you're dealing with a business then I could see your point but you can't blame the guy for taking the deal that's there. Kinda like the whole bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush kinda deal. Besides, you don't know what his circumstances are and maybe he needs the money quicker for reasons he really didn't want to disclose.
WW2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2008, 03:42 PM   #3
Mingo

I called Getbent on phone and differences were settled in a very respectful manner. If any of you guys out there want this yak. please go for it. Myself and getbent are in agreement with ourselves about this. I apologize for any hard upset comments i may have made towards him.

I hope he accepts my apologie.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:43 PM   #4
Praedator
Grand Slam

Yeah,

It's happend to me before. I called this guy to buy a grill for my boat. I showed up and he litterally said that he sold it to another person 15 minutes prior to me getting there. I had called and said I was on my way and everything. Oh well.

When it comes to dealing with individuals, most of the time, it's the first person to show up with the money. I used to hold things for people. I got burned way to many times by people not showing up and I missed out ondeals where folkshad the cash in front of me. Look at it this way, He does not know you and he probably has no true way of knowing if you are going to show etc...

So now I just try to make it clear that the first person to put cash in my hand walks away with the goods. I try to hold things for most people on here, because I have not had a no show so far from forum members. But when dealing with other folks, it's first come first served. I just make sure and tell folks that say they can not show up till a certain time/day, that if another person shows up with the money, it's gone.
Telum Pisces is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2008, 03:44 PM   #5
Sailfish

I for one... believe.... a Man's word is about the only thing he has.... so... if you had already made the agreement... and he knew you couldn't get down until Fri.. or whatever day and he said OK... HE SHOULD OF PLANNED ON YOU COMING DOWN!!! Point blank point!!!Sorry... but that is CRAPPY in my book! The correct way to have handled this situation would have been... (withthe phone ringing off the hook)... heshould of wrote all those numbers down... and if you didn't get the yak... he could start calling the people next on the list. :clap
SheYakFishr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2008, 03:45 PM   #6
White Marlin

do you know anyone down there you could overnight the funds to and have them pick it up for you???
bluffman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2008, 03:50 PM   #7
Mingo

I called and wished him the best in selling it. And offered a deep apology for my feelings and written comments. It is his to do with as he chooses. best of luck to getbent and his family. we made an arrangemet but if any of you want this item please feel free to contact him and buy it form him with my best wishes. i do apopogize to get bent for my comments
Old 07-29-2008, 07:31 PM   #8
White Marlin

I've had similar things happen to me numerous times with forum members.........

I get a call, asks questions, dickers and we agree on a price, questions as to how I would like payment......Ok, will pick up this day this time........NO SHOW, NO CALL while I sit like a DA with my thumb up my backside waiting on them.........

I had a member inquire about an item this morning.........I changed my approach........if your serious, show up when agreed........check the item out, make me an offer with cash in hand and we can deal...........no more of the price dicker via pm, etc etc.....

this kind of stuff used to never happen but it's getting more and more frequent......PFF craigslist........

when you agree to something, follow through or at least be man enough to call and explain why you can't or aren't following through with your agreement..........can you tell this one gets me spooled up.....
brnbser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2008, 09:43 PM   #9
Sailfish

I have had it happen about 5 times so far. Not just on here but craigslist too. That is the nature of the beast. What can you do? Nothing but suck it up. A bird in the hand....etc.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:49 PM   #10
Snapper

karma baby i had a guy from the forum tell me he was going to buy my boat.he even sent me a pm telling me he was going to to the bank to get the funds. he was a no show and no call . sent him a message back no response. a few days ago after the big rain i saw a post of his house on here with 6 inches of water in it. karma its a real beotch..
shanester is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in