Crestview Paint & Body - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 07-13-2011, 12:36 PM   #1
AAR
Snapper

Default Crestview Paint & Body

Man, I tell you what! I will never let them do any work on my vehicle again! They have currently had my vehicle for over a month. I am State Farm insured and State Farm made it pretty clear they do not like for their Insured taking vehicles to Crestview Paint and Body.

I called CP&B and told them I had some work I wanted done. They said, heck yeah! Great, we'll come get your vehicle with a wrecker so you don't have to drive all the way to Crestview. I thought that was great and told them to come on and get it. The gentleman at CP&B asked me if I had called SF yet and I said, no. He said well just hold off and let me handle it for you. So, I did. He got the vehicle and told me to go ahead and call SF then. Well, SF doesn't have a standard contract with CP&B because of the way CP&B doesn't charge deductibles to the insured.

Anyway, my issue was that I slid off a dirt road and messed up the side of my vehicle when it hit a tree on some hunting land in Alabama. I was stuck and when I got pulled out I hit some trees in the rear and messed up the back bumper and tail lights. This should have been entered through SF as 2 deductibles but CP&B never told me this and so I kept hassling SF about why they weren't estimating all of the damage. FINALLY someone at SF told me it had to be handled as two separate instances even if they were only one minute apart. I said fine (after about 3 weeks of run around) from CP&B.

Finally, after about 5 weeks, they are supposedly almost finished with my vehicle. Every time I call they put me on hold for around 30 - 45 minutes (and I mean EVERY TIME) before giving me the, oh we still aren't sure - call back tomorrow.

I wouldn't be so upset if it weren't for the long hold times every time I call. I just feel like they just don't give a damn about me at all. Anyway, now they don't want to deliver the vehicle back to me after they get done with it.

I will never, ever do business with them again. I also strongly recommend none of you do either.

For $500 in deductibles ($250 is my deductible and I had 2), I could have gone to a legitimate repair shop and State Farm would have my back right now. I feel like I'm dealing with black market folks at CP&B.

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR AT CRESTVIEW PAINT AND BODY
AAR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2011, 12:42 PM   #2
Mingo

Deal with S & L Auto Body off Hwy 90 in Crestview next time. Always take all my personal vehicles there as well as my work trucks. Never had a problem with those guys.
MastaBlasta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2011, 12:56 PM   #3
ROLL TIDE ROLL
Grand Slam

Those bastards got me a while back also. I will never use them again.

https://www.pensacolafishingforum.com...roblems-44622/
Splittine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2011, 01:29 PM   #4
Sailfish

Thanks for the info. I always hear the guy talking about CP&B on The Ticket 100.3. No deductible and was wondering what kind service you would get. Kinda agree with them on the deductible that is your money and no one else. not the insurance company nor the auto body shops either. Pocket change for somebody tho. On the other side you get what you pay for. Thought about having them work on one of my vehicles and save the deduct, but now i'll pay the deduct and have it done elsewhere.

Accutech Carpet And Tile Cleaning

850-529-1335
kelly1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2011, 09:35 PM   #5
Grouper

I am sorry that you are getting hosed by that shop. I have seen it many times from that same shop over the years. They are treating you the same way they treat the insurance company and ALL of their customers(on hold for 45 minutes). They don't care because they have your car!!! I have witnessed that shop throw a customer out because the customer got fed up with being on hold and came in to get some face to face answers.

As far as deductible's go..... That is the amount that all of us as customers have decided to pay in the event that we have a loss. Why is it ok for the insurance company to pay whatever the repair shop asks for and the customer does not?

If my repair estimate is $1500 and my deductible is $500. How can I expect the shop to perform a $1500 job for $1000? I'll give you the answer... commit fraud and screw the insurance company out of an extra $500. That's why NONE of the insurance companies want to deal with this shop.

This kind of business practice ruins it for all of the other upstanding repair shops.
Strictly Bizness is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2011, 12:13 AM   #6
Grouper

S&L is great. I moved to Milton and have had work done at two different shops here and I'll take the car to Crestview and use S&L next time. They do really good work. Sorry you got hosed by CPB.
Tres is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2011, 12:59 AM   #7
White Marlin

I have heard this about this business several times on this forum. If you haven't physically been there to check on your vehile I would drive over there. It's harder to give you the run around in person.
whome is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2011, 08:37 AM   #8
Sailfish

think it is bad so far , just wait till you need something touched up or re buffed out ,or if something goes wrong with the repiar this is when your headache will really start,

try dealing with an old car, not many want to take on restos, main reason i did all the work on the chevelle myself , it was a learning experience and it started 8 more Restoration jobs because of it over the past 11 years.
paint/body work sucks as a everyday job

buy sell trade
http://www.gulfcoastgunforum.com
chevelle427 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2011, 12:28 PM   #9
AAR
Snapper

So, I finally got the vehicle back yesterday at around 6:00 pm. They had only done the work for the first claim and the gas tank was slap empty. I don't remember how many miles exactly were on the vehicle when it went in, but now I'm 4,000 miles beyond needing an oil change and only 4 months since my last oil change - of which one month was spent at CP&B. At first, I thought the mechanics just used my air conditioning - now I think someone was actually driving the vehicle.

I called State Farm this morning and they said that CP&B had called SF on 2 separate occasions to get the second claim number and the bonehead from State Farm couldn't find it. So, it wasn't all CP&B's fault, except that they had me on the phone every day for the past week (and I had the claim number!) and they never bothered to tell me any of that. They just led me to believe the vehicle was finished.

I mean, I am just in shock...
AAR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in