Court ruling on athiests holliday - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 12-23-2010, 01:27 PM   #1
White Marlin

Send a message via Yahoo to TURTLE
Default Court ruling on athiests holliday

I don't care if this happened or not but it should .

Florida Court Sets Atheist Holy Day!

Gotta love this Judge!

You must read this......a proper decision by the courts...for a change.

FLORIDA COURT SETS ATHEIST HOLY DAY

In Florida , an atheist created a case against Easter and Passover Holy days. He hired an attorney to bring a discrimination case against Christians and Jews and observances of their holy days. The argument was that it was unfair that atheists had no such recognized days.

The case was brought before a judge. After listening to the passionate presentation by the lawyer, the judge banged his gavel declaring,"Case dismissed!"

The lawyer immediately stood objecting to the ruling saying, "Your honor, How can you possibly dismiss this case? The Christians have Christmas, Easter and others. The Jews have Passover, Yom Kippur and Hanukkah, yet my client and all other atheists have no such holidays..."

The judge leaned forward in his chair saying, "But you do. Your client, counsel, is woefully ignorant."

The lawyer said, "Your Honor, we are unaware of any special observance or holiday for atheists."

The judge said, "The calendar says April 1st is April Fools Day. Psalm 14:1 states, 'The fool says in his heart, there is no God.' Thus, it is the opinion of this court, that, if your client says there is no God, then he is a fool. Therefore, April 1st is his day. Court is adjourned..." ; You gotta love a Judge that knows his scripture
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2010, 03:26 PM   #2
Jiggin Finatic
Grand Slam

That is a good one for sure.
lobsterman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2010, 12:05 PM   #3
Mingo

Thats a good one !!!
Coconut Joe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2010, 07:15 PM   #4
Sailfish

Woo Hoo, right on Judge. Thats why they are called judges.
Old 12-25-2010, 12:59 AM   #5
Sailfish

That's retarded.
Judges don't have the right to rule anything about religion.
I thought we lived in America with freedom of religion.
Saw this same garbage posted about a year ago. Some holy roller thought it up and figured they would put it in print. Isn't there something about 'bearing false witness'?
And Bonsaifishrman, that would not be a judge. A judge would be blind to his own beliefs in a trial of that type if it were even a real thing. THAT would be a judge.
sniper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2010, 06:20 PM   #6
Grouper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper View Post
That's retarded.
Judges don't have the right to rule anything about religion.
I thought we lived in America with freedom of religion.
Saw this same garbage posted about a year ago. Some holy roller thought it up and figured they would put it in print. Isn't there something about 'bearing false witness'?
And Bonsaifishrman, that would not be a judge. A judge would be blind to his own beliefs in a trial of that type if it were even a real thing. THAT would be a judge.
We have a winner! I refrained from posting on this pile of ignorance, lest the PFF Jesus Patrol jump all over me. I love to hear religious people complain that non-believers attack their beliefs, then see something like this. Irony isn't a strong enough word. By the way, the, "those that don't get it," comment is fantastic. So, anyone who thinks differently than you do is wrong and doesn't get it? Hilarious.
Buckethead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2010, 06:43 PM   #7
Grouper

sniper

may be you should take time and read the 1st amendment. i have listed it below...

Congress shall make no law respecting (definition of respecting: in view of or with respect to )an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

so you are very wrong the judge certainly can rule on religion. it is his/her responsibility to protect your right to your religion and should and will rule every time somebody tries to take it away from you!
captwesrozier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2010, 07:12 PM   #8
Sailfish

captwesrozier,

Maybe you should take the time and reread what I posted vs what you posted. If anything all you did was reiterate what I already said. "Anything" in my post may have been to broad and confussing.

The amendment prohibits the making of any law "respecting an establishment of religion"

It's call the 'establishment clause'.

Separation of Church and State

In the "Joke" the judge is NOT defending any religion other than his Christian beliefs. He would be fired.

Last edited by sniper; 12-26-2010 at 07:19 PM.
sniper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2010, 07:44 PM   #9
Grouper

sniper

he never defended his religion. he read a passage out of the bible the atheist was wanting a holy day. he found him day. april 1st. you have to remember the atheist is arguing this on the bible.

also every judge that gives you death always says "may GOD have mercy on you"

the 1st amendment does not say nothing about separation of church and state. that is the bench governing over the years.

it says the government will create no laws in view of a established religion or keep my from my freedom to my religion.

so yes i did read and reread. the judge can and will rule on religion.
captwesrozier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in