costa del mar - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 07-28-2008, 03:49 AM   #1
White Marlin

Default costa del mar

I'm so sick and tired of the BS with costa, every single (6)pair that i've ever owned has had warranty problems, lenses delaminating, rubber on arms coming off, etc. but thats all covered the thing is it cost you 150+ for a pair of glasses, 10 bucks to ship them in, and then 10 bucks for them to ship them back. so i'm looking for a new brand of glasses that aren't just a pair of junk with a lifetime warranty attached.<P class=MsoNormal>"Due to the rising prices of gasoline and the individual handling of each pair of sunglasses, it is now required that a customer be charged a processing fee of $9.95 even though the pair of sunglasses is under warranty."<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><O:P></O:P>
biggamefishr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2008, 03:54 AM   #2
Trigger

Default RE: costa del mar

I have never shipped a pair of Oakleys back.
SharkSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2008, 04:16 AM   #3
Ruby Red Lip

oakleys and costas.... its like comparing apples to oranges... or like comparing crown to pepsi... ya... costas warranty is a little bit unreliable, but while they are in use... costas are definitely the way to go... i wouldnt even think of buying a pair of oakleys
jpotesta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2008, 07:18 AM   #4
Trigger

i have had oaklys, mauis and now costas. i was a die hard oakley fan but every pair broke some how some way. i loved my mauis but lost them. the costas i haven't had any problems with(yet). i tell the ear pieces are getting loose. i don't think there is a prefect pair of glasses. especially with everyday wear and tear, then you throw in the salt water and air. my 2cents
flynurse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2008, 07:45 AM   #5
Mingo

I concur. I love Costas and have always been a fan but my brand new 249 dollar pair of Triple tails started delaminating this weekend and this is just ridiculous. Im looking at 20 plus dollars for to build back quality in glasses I already paid the cost of quality for. OR at least thought I was paying. Still not ready to bash Costas yet but ....They do seem to have a lot of delam problems of late.
Lockout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2008, 08:14 AM   #6
Grouper

Costa's have thier issues, but so does every other brand. One thing about it saltwater will eat a hole in anything. It's just part of wear and tear. my .02 cents.
GONU is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2008, 09:00 AM   #7
Grouper

When y'all talk about "delaminating", is it the lenses that are delaminating or the finish on the frames?? I have owned a pair of Costa Hammerheads for 2 years now and I wear them whenever I am in the sun be it on water or land.

(I get kidded about my "racoon eyes" appearance with my white mask from my glasses!")

I had one problem with one of the lenses coming out of the frames but I took them back where they were bought, a local optician, and they gladly refitted the lense and cleaned everything for me. They told me not to ever leave them in a hot vehicle! They said that exposing them to the extreme heat of a closed up vehicle is the one most common cause of most of the problems that people have with any brand of sunglasses. A single exposure to temps of 120 or higher will do permanent damage to glass frames and lenses in many cases. Cost has nothing to do with it, according to the people I talked to, it is more of a problem with extreme heat and the fact that glasses of any kind are not designed out of materials that will take such extreme heat without negative results.

Just thought I'd pass that bit of information on to y'all.

1. Rust
2. Politicians
Framerguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2008, 09:31 AM   #8
Ruby Red Lip

I hope no one calls me crazy, but I've had two pairs of Costas. Most recently, the Eliminator. Great glasses, but they coon-eye me and i'm notoriously hard on equipment so I'm always afraid I'm going to ding them. I find myself now continually buying FlyingFisherman. I realize they're cheapos but i think I see just as many fish and if they get scratched or I get drunk and leave them, I don't care. I buy them 2 to 3 pairs at the time. SR
Old 07-28-2008, 09:38 AM   #9
Your mom's a
Grand Slam

Check out OceanWaves -- very popular on the East Coast. MBT Divers carries them I think.

http://www.oceanwaves.com/

or LX -- very popular with me. Gulf Breeze Bait &amp; Tackle carries these.

http://www.lxpolarized.com/
JoeZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2008, 09:51 AM   #10
Sailfish

Mauis have the best warranty, don't they.?
reelfinatical is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in