Body Shop Problems - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 07-01-2009, 10:16 PM   #1
ROLL TIDE ROLL
Grand Slam

Default Body Shop Problems

Long story short I had to put my truck in the body shop. I have heard great things about Crestview Paint and Body so we took it there. They said it would be about 5 days to get it done. Ok. Well 2 days after they told me it would be done still no word. We call up there and they say tomorrow. The next day my wife goes up there and the truck looks like shit, the linex is messed up and they tried to beat out the dent instead of placing the panel so it looked. They said a couple more days, 2 days after they told us we called again, they said it would be completly done Monday this was on Friday. Monday we go and get it and the linex is a little better and the body work looks alot better. Well after going over the truck we notice a scratch on the driver door and one on the bottom of the driver door which looks like they tried to touch up, neither scratch was there previously. They said they didnt know anything about it. Well the buff the big one out. My wife gets in the truck and all the ABS warnings are on. So she takes it to the Chevy dealership and they said the wires where frayed next to the panel they replace and had to be replace and it was not under warranty. So $163 later she is on her way, she goes back to Crestview P&B and they of course deny it, well I cant prove it was them but its just kinda wierd how they had it for almost 3 weeks and we have never had a problem with anything on the truck. They said they would try to claim it on insurance and reimburse us. I am highly disappointed with the way they run their business and will never do business with them again. I got the original problem fixed but now have a screwed up driver door they wont do anything with. Im sorry if Im rambling Im just pissed off. Im planning on calling the Nationwide in the morning and seeing what they have to say about it. Crestview P&B is a big business and Im sure they have plenty of satisfied customers but Im not one and would not take anything to them again.
Splittine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2009, 10:22 PM   #2
Grouper

Default RE: Body Shop Problems

I'd show my butt over that...Too much money not to.
saltfisher1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2009, 10:46 PM   #3
ROLL TIDE ROLL
Grand Slam

It aint over yet, I just got back intown today, Im going up there tomorrow.
Splittine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2009, 10:55 PM   #4
Grouper

Take your camera with you and if they start telling you negative crap just start taking pics of the business and road signs...Make sure to walk back out by the road for a wide shot...I think theyll get the idea that you will be reporting them to the BBB and alot of other people....Make sure to ask them a dozen times.."How can we make this problem right?"...After that just make sure to post the pics all over the internet with a story behind it with pics....Take it to the Better Business Bureau...Tell The EPA these folks spilled paint(just an extra)...,Have fun!
saltfisher1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2009, 11:00 PM   #5
Grand Slam

Send a message via AIM to Tuna Man Send a message via MSN to Tuna Man Send a message via Yahoo to Tuna Man

:banghead:banghead:banghead When will you guys learn. Whenever you leave a vehicle for ANY type of work..have a responsible person from the company and yourself do a walk around so THEY can make any notations needed for previous damage, That will cut out all that bullshit. Go rent a car and you BETTER pay close attention, do a walk around and make a notation on EVERY spot of damage, so much as a rock chip, on body and windshield. Now, I hate to hear you had to put up with all that crap.

Tuna Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2009, 11:33 AM   #6
Ruby Red Lip

Scratch Off in pensacola does great work, it's after the fact, but for future reference.
LadyAngler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2009, 12:04 PM   #7
Sailfish

You must listen to"that" sports show. There are only a handful of phone numbers that I remember off the top of my head and that body shop is one of them due to the hosts of SST saying it every 90 seconds.

Sorry to derail.
polar21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2009, 12:35 PM   #8
Mingo

I have used Bayside Collision in Gulf Breeze a couple of times and been very satisfied with the work and the price
Weaver Brown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2009, 03:03 PM   #9
Grouper

Thats right Scott just call 555-1242, and we will take care of all your vehicles needs...............Whats that number again Scott.......it's 555-1242, come see us folks you'll be glad you came.:doh
SKEETER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2009, 03:42 PM   #10
White Marlin

From the BBB website on that company. Just FYI

BBB processed a total of 3 complaints about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total of 3 complaints closed in 36 months, 2 were closed in the last year.

<TABLE class=insideContent><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=4><SPAN &#111;nmouseover="this.style.cursor='help'; showhidedefinition('popup523', event);" style="CURSOR: help" &#111;nmouseout="showhidedefinition('popup523', event);"><U>Contract Issues</U></TD></TR><TR><TD width=25> </TD><TD colSpan=3><SPAN &#111;nmouseover="this.style.cursor='help'; showhidedefinition('popup437', event);" style="CURSOR: help" &#111;nmouseout="showhidedefinition('popup437', event);">Administratively Closed</TD></TR><TR><TD width=25> </TD><TD> </TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=right>1 - </TD><TD>BBB determined the company made a reasonable offer to resolve the issues, but the consumer did not accept the offer.</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=4> </TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=4><SPAN &#111;nmouseover="this.style.cursor='help'; showhidedefinition('popup590', event);" &#111;nmouseout="showhidedefinition('popup590', event);"><U>Repair Issues</U></TD></TR><TR><TD width=25> </TD><TD colSpan=3><SPAN &#111;nmouseover="this.style.cursor='help'; showhidedefinition('popup721', event);" style="CURSOR: help" &#111;nmouseout="showhidedefinition('popup721', event);">Administratively Closed</TD></TR><TR><TD width=25> </TD><TD> </TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=right>1 - </TD><TD>BBB determined the company made a reasonable offer to resolve the issues, but the consumer did not accept the offer.</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=4> </TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=4><SPAN &#111;nmouseover="this.style.cursor='help'; showhidedefinition('popup132', event);" &#111;nmouseout="showhidedefinition('popup132', event);"><U>Service Issues</U></TD></TR><TR><TD width=25> </TD><TD colSpan=3><SPAN &#111;nmouseover="this.style.cursor='help'; showhidedefinition('popup578', event);" &#111;nmouseout="showhidedefinition('popup578', event);">Unresolved</TD></TR><TR><TD width=25> </TD><TD> </TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=right>1 - </TD><TD>Company failed to resolve the complaint issues through BBB voluntary and self-regulatory process</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
whome is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in