Binding Agreement? - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-11-2010, 08:56 AM   #1
Senior Member
Snapper
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pensacola
Posts: 477
Default Binding Agreement?

Just thought I would run something by you fellow PPF's this morning and see what your thoughts are...

Last week I answered a Craigs list add to purchase something from someone. He sent me an email stating the price followed by come get it! We talked several times about my getting over to his house to pick up my purchase...He was out of town for several days during this time. I stayed in touch with him... Saturday morning I called him at the time he told me to call him...He said he was busy but to call him back later in the day so I could come to his home and get what I was buying...I called him SEVERAL times Saturday afternoon/evening and never got an answer. Sunday after church I tried to call him w/out an answer...So, I sent him a text and he replied: Sorry, I gave it away to my brother... And that was it....

Question: Is his email to me with a set price and the statement , Come and get it... A binding agreement?

This was something that I really needed and wanted. He named the price. Integrity is getting harder and harder to find!

Whats your opinion?
miztergentz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-11-2010, 09:32 AM   #2
Senior Member
Sailfish
 
gameaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Crestview
Posts: 1,218
Default

he sold it to someone else
gameaholic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2010, 11:15 AM   #3
Senior Member
Blue Marlin
 
Orion45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Navarre, FL
Posts: 5,474
Default

Not worth the trouble.
Orion45 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2010, 11:28 AM   #4
Jiggin Finatic
Grand Slam
 
lobsterman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Okaloosa
Posts: 8,542
Default

Don't waste your time , energy, or breath. It simply isn't worth the headaches.
lobsterman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2010, 12:27 PM   #5
Senior Member
Trigger
 
shakeyjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Milton
Posts: 222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miztergentz View Post
...... Integrity is getting harder and harder to find!

Whats your opinion?
Integrity is too quickly becoming a forgotten trait. Remember that and continue to try and keep it alive and well with you and yours, please.

I purchased a rifle off this forum a while back and the fellow kinda changed his mind about wanting to sell it, but told me that he would honor his agreement with me to sell it for he posted price. I was very grateful and told him so. Now my son will have a nice hunting rifle when he is old enough to hunt with me.

Gone are the days of a man's word or a handshake being a binding agreement, unfortunately.
shakeyjr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2010, 12:41 PM   #6
Senior Member
Blue Marlin
 
fisheye48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: West Texas
Posts: 4,958
Send a message via AIM to fisheye48
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miztergentz View Post
Just thought I would run something by you fellow PPF's this morning and see what your thoughts are...

Last week I answered a Craigs list add to purchase something from someone. He sent me an email stating the price followed by come get it! We talked several times about my getting over to his house to pick up my purchase...He was out of town for several days during this time. I stayed in touch with him... Saturday morning I called him at the time he told me to call him...He said he was busy but to call him back later in the day so I could come to his home and get what I was buying...I called him SEVERAL times Saturday afternoon/evening and never got an answer. Sunday after church I tried to call him w/out an answer...So, I sent him a text and he replied: Sorry, I gave it away to my brother... And that was it....

Question: Is his email to me with a set price and the statement , Come and get it... A binding agreement?

This was something that I really needed and wanted. He named the price. Integrity is getting harder and harder to find!

Whats your opinion?
your not out a dime so why worry about it...move on and and keep looking...his loss not yours
fisheye48 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2010, 12:42 PM   #7
Senior Member
Sailfish
 
?MEGA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: gulf breeze
Posts: 1,604
Default

to quote g.i. joe lol- "knowing is half the battle". You need to know that was craigslist, not ebay. its a super haven for scammers, weirdos, assholes, pervs, queers, cons, etc etc. Its always respond/post at your own risk. Integrity, honor, honesty, and other positive human character traits do not exist, other than a few here and there. You almost sound like your feelings are even hurt over it. Let it go, get over it, and make a mental note to not have that high of expectations for a sale, trade, or purchase off craigslist.
?MEGA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2010, 03:59 PM   #8
WW2
Senior Member
Sailfish
 
WW2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,922
Default

Well, I will say this. If I was selling a life preserver and I had it on craigslist and I had a few offers and then my brother asked me for it. I would give it to my brother and tell the craigslisters that it was gone. Family first.
WW2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2010, 05:21 PM   #9
Senior Member
Snapper
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NICEVILLE
Posts: 400
Default

I dont know if i could blame the guy. too many craigslisters never follow through cash in hand is worth more to me than someone who says i will take it but i cannot get there till monday. However i will also not tell anyone i will hold something for them, If i want something that bad and it is something that i cannot pass up, i will drop what i am doing to get there first. I always state when i am selling something first come first serve.
bwendel07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2010, 06:11 PM   #10
ROLL TIDE ROLL
Grand Slam
 
Splittine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: 30' Up, Looking Down
Posts: 19,449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobsterman View Post
Don't waste your time , energy, or breath. It simply isn't worth the headaches.
+1
Wish I had that little to worry about.
Splittine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.