Binding Agreement? - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 10-11-2010, 08:56 AM   #1
Snapper

Default Binding Agreement?

Just thought I would run something by you fellow PPF's this morning and see what your thoughts are...

Last week I answered a Craigs list add to purchase something from someone. He sent me an email stating the price followed by come get it! We talked several times about my getting over to his house to pick up my purchase...He was out of town for several days during this time. I stayed in touch with him... Saturday morning I called him at the time he told me to call him...He said he was busy but to call him back later in the day so I could come to his home and get what I was buying...I called him SEVERAL times Saturday afternoon/evening and never got an answer. Sunday after church I tried to call him w/out an answer...So, I sent him a text and he replied: Sorry, I gave it away to my brother... And that was it....

Question: Is his email to me with a set price and the statement , Come and get it... A binding agreement?

This was something that I really needed and wanted. He named the price. Integrity is getting harder and harder to find!

Whats your opinion?
miztergentz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2010, 09:32 AM   #2
Sailfish

he sold it to someone else
gameaholic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2010, 11:15 AM   #3
Blue Marlin

Not worth the trouble.
Orion45 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2010, 11:28 AM   #4
Jiggin Finatic
Grand Slam

Don't waste your time , energy, or breath. It simply isn't worth the headaches.
lobsterman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2010, 12:27 PM   #5
Trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by miztergentz View Post
...... Integrity is getting harder and harder to find!

Whats your opinion?
Integrity is too quickly becoming a forgotten trait. Remember that and continue to try and keep it alive and well with you and yours, please.

I purchased a rifle off this forum a while back and the fellow kinda changed his mind about wanting to sell it, but told me that he would honor his agreement with me to sell it for he posted price. I was very grateful and told him so. Now my son will have a nice hunting rifle when he is old enough to hunt with me.

Gone are the days of a man's word or a handshake being a binding agreement, unfortunately.
shakeyjr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2010, 12:41 PM   #6
Blue Marlin

Send a message via AIM to fisheye48

Quote:
Originally Posted by miztergentz View Post
Just thought I would run something by you fellow PPF's this morning and see what your thoughts are...

Last week I answered a Craigs list add to purchase something from someone. He sent me an email stating the price followed by come get it! We talked several times about my getting over to his house to pick up my purchase...He was out of town for several days during this time. I stayed in touch with him... Saturday morning I called him at the time he told me to call him...He said he was busy but to call him back later in the day so I could come to his home and get what I was buying...I called him SEVERAL times Saturday afternoon/evening and never got an answer. Sunday after church I tried to call him w/out an answer...So, I sent him a text and he replied: Sorry, I gave it away to my brother... And that was it....

Question: Is his email to me with a set price and the statement , Come and get it... A binding agreement?

This was something that I really needed and wanted. He named the price. Integrity is getting harder and harder to find!

Whats your opinion?
your not out a dime so why worry about it...move on and and keep looking...his loss not yours
fisheye48 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2010, 12:42 PM   #7
Sailfish

to quote g.i. joe lol- "knowing is half the battle". You need to know that was craigslist, not ebay. its a super haven for scammers, weirdos, assholes, pervs, queers, cons, etc etc. Its always respond/post at your own risk. Integrity, honor, honesty, and other positive human character traits do not exist, other than a few here and there. You almost sound like your feelings are even hurt over it. Let it go, get over it, and make a mental note to not have that high of expectations for a sale, trade, or purchase off craigslist.
?MEGA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2010, 03:59 PM   #8
WW2
Sailfish

Well, I will say this. If I was selling a life preserver and I had it on craigslist and I had a few offers and then my brother asked me for it. I would give it to my brother and tell the craigslisters that it was gone. Family first.
WW2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2010, 05:21 PM   #9
Snapper

I dont know if i could blame the guy. too many craigslisters never follow through cash in hand is worth more to me than someone who says i will take it but i cannot get there till monday. However i will also not tell anyone i will hold something for them, If i want something that bad and it is something that i cannot pass up, i will drop what i am doing to get there first. I always state when i am selling something first come first serve.
bwendel07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2010, 06:11 PM   #10
ROLL TIDE ROLL
Grand Slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobsterman View Post
Don't waste your time , energy, or breath. It simply isn't worth the headaches.
+1
Wish I had that little to worry about.
Splittine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in