Billy Bowlegs - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 05-15-2010, 08:15 AM   #1
CCC
Grand Slam

Default Billy Bowlegs

Ok, so this will be our first year attending, I know don't bring kids, I know the driver of the boat damn sure better watch his drinking or else, and I know if you get in the middle of all those boats you are not getting out. But what else do I need to know ?????? We are planning on launching at Juannas in Navarre and driving out for several hours then coming back, any suggestions ?
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2010, 04:20 PM   #2
Sailfish

Default RE: Billy Bowlegs

More importantly watch out for other boats. And if you are married and your wife is with you make sure you keep your sun glasses on at all times to be on the safe side. LOL!!!
The LaJess II is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2010, 08:20 PM   #3
Sailfish

you will be shot with a water cannon. you will see a fight. you may see a turd float buy. you MUST take a water proof camera. you will have fun if you are a fun person.

goodluck.
CHUMM BUCKET is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2010, 08:38 PM   #4
Blue Marlin

I've never been.. But I want to know what the Or else would be?
wld1985 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2010, 10:47 PM   #5
Sailfish

If it is my wife, I need to keep my glasses on and mind my p's and q's "OR ELSE" I am gonna get lumped up and spend too many nights on the couch,,, But it may be worth it!!!:moon
Brent
Old 05-16-2010, 04:46 AM   #6
Mingo

When and where. I have seen pics on the sandbar just shy of the Okie island bridge. Is it still in the same spot?
Thunderstruck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2010, 05:02 AM   #7
Sailfish

Quote:
Thunderstruck (16/05/2010)When and where. I have seen pics on the sandbar just shy of the Okie island bridge. Is it still in the same spot?
It's just south of Brooks bridge in Ft. Walton. It's the first weekend in June.

wld the or else is because a lot of skin gets shown as the day goes on. More drink less bikini. LOL!!!

Be smart and keep your glasses on so you don't get your eyeballs poked out by spouse or girlfriend.
The LaJess II is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2010, 04:23 PM   #8
White Marlin

Quote:
CCC (15/05/2010)Ok, so this will be our first year attending, I know don't bring kids, I know the driver of the boat damn sure better watch his drinking or else, and I know if you get in the middle of all those boats you are not getting out. But what else do I need to know ?????? We are planning on launching at Juannas in Navarre and driving out for several hours then coming back, any suggestions ?
All the advice here is good advice but my number one recommendation is get your crew prepared to get their early. Boats start lining up I'm guessing as early as 6 or 7 am. I'll most likely be picking my crew up about 0730 so I can get anchored up by 0800. Get their too late and you're on the outside looking in or stuck on the far end with all the pontoon boats and the kids and their wretched water guns that go non stop all day, trust me you don't want to be stuck in the pontoon boat area! Your goal is to get as close to the FWB landing (as far east in the shallow area) as you can, that is where the pirate ships attack the city with cannon fire at about 4 pm and the battle for the city is on!The boats will line up in tworows with a wide gap in the middle for everyone to walk through, it's best to be in the South row so your facing North all day and not facing into the hot sun all day.

In the first picture below you can see theshallow areato the West of the Brooks Bridge, that is the location of the madness. On the East end of theshallow area if you lookNorth you'll see a grassy area void of trees, that is Fort Walton Landing and where thepirate ships attack at the end of the day.The other pictures are some I took from last year. I've been every year since 1994, you're welcome to follow me in if you can get there early enough and I can promise you you're going to have a great time! If you have any questions let me know I probably know the answeror can find out for you!

69Viking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2010, 08:32 PM   #9
Trigger

OK...the pics have gotten my attention. What, when, whereis Billy Bowlegs? Looks like fun.
redeyes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2010, 03:41 PM   #10
White Marlin

Quote:
redeyes (20/05/2010)OK...the pics have gotten my attention. What, when, whereis Billy Bowlegs? Looks like fun.
Read my post with the pictures, pretty much explains where this happens in Fort Walton Beach on Saturday June 5th. It's always the first Saturday in June.
69Viking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in