Banjo Minnows - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 07-13-2008, 03:25 AM   #1
Cigar Minnow

Default Banjo Minnows

I bought me a pack of Banjo Minnows, I was wondering if anybody that has them has had any luck with em.
mulletfishin37 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2008, 08:51 AM   #2
Grouper

Default RE: Banjo Minnows

Kinda curious, do they do Bluegrass or just pickin' 'n grinnin' type banjo???oke

1. Rust
2. Politicians
Framerguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2008, 12:22 PM   #3
Grouper

Just be careful when you use them and wear all of the safety gear you can get on because if they work as good as advertised..., well, just be careful!
jigslinger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2008, 12:53 PM   #4
Grouper

Although the infomercial is hokey the basic principle of the banjo minnow system is sound. The corkscrew spring thru the nose of any jerkbait gives the lure unbelievable action. Way better than the texas rig system of burying the hook in the jerkbait. There is hardly a better lure than a jerkbait [shad assassin, exude, zoom super fluke] worked slowly over the grass. If you want a little more distance than what you will get with the bare lure just use the insert weight. The only problem with this system is pinfish will tear the heck out of these soft baits. You will definitely catch fish with these lures. After the pinfish have wrecked all the lures that come with the pack just go anywhere and buy whatever lures you want and use the corkscrews that you will have left over.
wrightackle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2008, 09:13 PM   #5
Trigger

i used them growing up bass fishing in TN, MS, AR, etc. they worked like a charm everytime i used them. they didnt last very long, but they caught some fish.
SemperFi-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2008, 11:01 AM   #6
Sailfish

curious as well. i got the whole kit about a year ago and have fished them very little with no luck. saltwater
dailysaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2008, 12:36 PM   #7
Trigger

i picked up fishing on my own growing up. i saw an infommercial and asked myparents for some on mybirthday when i was in highschool. i caughtfish on em. like it was said in the above post. the system is solid. they are basically just soft jerk baits that allow for more action due to the cork screw into the bait.the screwsallows the body freedom of movement away from any jig head or hook. i never used them in saltwater but ive caughtsmallmouth largemouth white and hybrid bass on them. when you think about it you can take almost any bass lure and use it for reds or specks. they are a versitile lure with great action. Im not saying they are gods gift to the fishing world but they havecaught me some fish. i do believe you can by cork screws onthe market. im not sure what they are called but you attach them to your hook to give youaction. they are called hitch hikers or somethinalong those lines. anyway, just my two cents.

For those of you who seem to be offended by my username, chill out, its my last name...

Mango Native Mariner!
Fuhrer48 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in