Auburn's historic Toomer's Corner oaks poisoned with herbicide, likely to die - Page 6 - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-17-2011, 09:00 AM   #51
Senior Member
Mingo
 
jks0007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 154
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtopdawg386x View Post
Ok lets get this straight auburn fans started with the bama with there field . Then when bama goes after there tree ,The auburn fans want to scream how its not right and its messed up . Well maybe auburn should learn that paybacks a bitch . Should they have killed the tree nope since that may lead to legal problems just like the field being tampered with could . how ever your fans or players started it know you want to cry and get bent out of shape when bama fan or players get you buack . It reminds me of people that talk trash and start a fight get there ass beat then they wanna call the cops .you dish it out you better be able to get it back

You are seriously ignorant. Do you not see the difference in planting a little seed and destroying a 100+ year old tree that was a huge tradition?

You might want to get your facts straight before running your mouth too much.
jks0007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-17-2011, 09:45 AM   #52
Senior Member
Mingo
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 126
Default

To compare planting rye grass (which dies in the early summer) on Alabama's field to killing 130 yr old trees is absurd. I agree with the person who said this was a dirt road Alabama fan. Unfortunatly the state of Alabam still has a lot of rednecks and this guy will find out what being a redneck is all about. I heard this morning the FBI is involved.
southbound is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2011, 09:56 AM   #53
Senior Member
Mingo
 
jks0007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 154
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound View Post
To compare planting rye grass (which dies in the early summer) on Alabama's field to killing 130 yr old trees is absurd. I agree with the person who said this was a dirt road Alabama fan. Unfortunatly the state of Alabam still has a lot of rednecks and this guy will find out what being a redneck is all about. I heard this morning the FBI is involved.
I'm sure this will get even more agencies involved. It could get the EPA involved due to it being a pollution matter.
jks0007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2011, 09:56 AM   #54
Senior Member
White Marlin
 
K-Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Crestucky, Boggy, Pcola
Posts: 3,098
Default

just read on espn where they describe this stuff as having the potential to stay active in the soil for the next 3-5 years.

if you're a college football fan you learn to appreciate certain traditions. too many to list, yall know what i'm talking about though. i've been all over the place for games and the experience of game days in these towns and i love doing that. these trees were way more than just trees, even to someone that is not an auburn fan.
K-Bill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2011, 10:02 AM   #55
Senior Member
Sailfish
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Garcon Point
Posts: 1,543
Default

The FBI profiler has come up with this profile: The perp is a white male, middle aged, high school education or GED, drives a pick up truck -- most likely red or maroon in color with a Bama plate on the front and at least one large white "A" in the back window. He uses smokeless tobacco and has poor oral hygiene. He may be balding and/or have a mullet haircut -- almost always wears a Bama ball cap. He has a "beer gut" and frequently wears camo pants. His home most likley has axles and is sitting on stacks of cinder blocks as a foundation. He will also be a NASCAR fan and despises other drivers/teams as much as he hates Auburn.

Unfortunately, the population fitting the above profile is rather large in the area in and around Dadeville -- as well as the rest of Alabama. Therefore, the agents working the case are looking at phone records to the Finebaum show, analyzing and digitally enhancing video from Toomers Corner, as well as tracing recent purchases of Spike 80DF from area Feed & Seed stores to zero in on potential subjects for interview.
scubapro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2011, 10:35 AM   #56
Senior Member
Trigger
 
jw1973's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bay Cliff
Posts: 301
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubapro View Post
The FBI profiler has come up with this profile: The perp is a white male, middle aged, high school education or GED, drives a pick up truck -- most likely red or maroon in color with a Bama plate on the front and at least one large white "A" in the back window. He uses smokeless tobacco and has poor oral hygiene. He may be balding and/or have a mullet haircut -- almost always wears a Bama ball cap. He has a "beer gut" and frequently wears camo pants. His home most likley has axles and is sitting on stacks of cinder blocks as a foundation. He will also be a NASCAR fan and despises other drivers/teams as much as he hates Auburn.

Unfortunately, the population fitting the above profile is rather large in the area in and around Dadeville -- as well as the rest of Alabama. Therefore, the agents working the case are looking at phone records to the Finebaum show, analyzing and digitally enhancing video from Toomers Corner, as well as tracing recent purchases of Spike 80DF from area Feed & Seed stores to zero in on potential subjects for interview.
They also have a DNA profile on the perp. It suggests that the perp's Father and Mother may also be 1st cousins or brother and sister.
jw1973 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2011, 10:45 AM   #57
Senior Member
White Marlin
 
Bullshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,359
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw1973 View Post
They also have a DNA profile on the perp. It suggests that the perp's Father and Mother may also be 1st cousins or brother and sister.

I don't know if this info will help the investigation in Alabama. It would be better if the parents were not related...... I'm just kidding! It was on a T
Bullshark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2011, 10:49 AM   #58
Senior Member
Grouper
 
SuperSpook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 687
Default

Harvey Updyke arrested in Toomer's Corner tree poisoning, say reports
SuperSpook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2011, 11:07 AM   #59
Senior Member
Blue Marlin
 
johnsonbeachbum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,012
Default

Lee County officials have arrested Harvey Updyke in connection with the Toomer's Corner tree poisoning, WTVM-TV in Columbus, Georgia reports.

According to the report, Auburn police arrested Harvey Almorn Updyke, 62, from Dadeville, and charged him with criminal mischief for applying an herbicide to the historic oaks at Toomer's Corner.

WBRC-TV also reports that Updyke is being held on a $50,000 bond.

A Facebook profile with the name Harvey Updyke claims to be retired Texas state trooper living in Mobile. The profile photo shows Updyke wearing an Alabama ballcap.

School and police officials are holding a press conference at 10:30 in front of Samford Hall to discuss updates to the case.
johnsonbeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2011, 11:31 AM   #60
Senior Member
White Marlin
 
K-Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Crestucky, Boggy, Pcola
Posts: 3,098
Default

i think the rye grass at bama, toomer's corner, and uga VIII dying are all being coordinated by ohio state, possibly acting in concert with one or more pac 10 schools.
K-Bill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.