Anyone here live on Perdido Key? - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Like Tree29Likes

Old 05-11-2019, 10:48 AM   #1
White Marlin

Default Anyone here live on Perdido Key?

Looking to see if anyone knows a young guy, about 16, who rides a skateboard to go fishing and wears a bright green solar mask. If you do, can you explain that trespassing to fish private ponds will get him in trouble. Standing in someone's back yard and arguing with them will get him in even bigger trouble. We warned him last week, we warned him twice yesterday.

Just trying to keep him from facing charges.
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2019, 11:50 AM   #2
Grand Slam

Edited, I should just keep quiet.
jaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2019, 12:23 PM   #3
ROLL TIDE ROLL
Grand Slam

Hell I grew up doing that. Better than him out dealing drugs and shit like that.
jaster and Badbagger like this.
Splittine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2019, 01:50 PM   #4
Mingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splittine View Post
Hell I grew up doing that. Better than him out dealing drugs and shit like that.
Whats he hurting???? Crack open a couple cold ones and go out there and mentor him. I lived on the water in lillian for a while and it happened all the time. He doesn't have a father figure otherwise he would be out on a boat.leave the kid be. Better fishing then dealing drugs.Send him to my house we'll work on cars
Kamac and Badbagger like this.
Bigdaddy65 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2019, 03:40 PM   #5
White Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdaddy65 View Post
Whats he hurting???? Crack open a couple cold ones and go out there and mentor him. I lived on the water in lillian for a while and it happened all the time. He doesn't have a father figure otherwise he would be out on a boat.leave the kid be. Better fishing then dealing drugs.Send him to my house we'll work on cars
Because he is invading other peoples property( not mine) where I work, pretty much blessed out someone whose yard he was in, lied and said he was a resident.

Guess I'll just do my job and have him popped for trespass, then. He's been given 3 chances. He's not worth losing a job over.
Old 05-11-2019, 04:20 PM   #6
Grand Slam

( He's not worth losing a job over.[/QUOTE]

Surely hitting someone's 16 year old kid never crossed your mind?

I had one once and if some adult had put a hand on him for fishing, I would have lost my job and freedom.

Talk with the kid, maybe letting him fish might not be so bad.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 05-11-2019, 04:46 PM   #7
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfish501 View Post
Because he is invading other peoples property( not mine) where I work, pretty much blessed out someone whose yard he was in, lied and said he was a resident.

Guess I'll just do my job and have him popped for trespass, then. He's been given 3 chances. He's not worth losing a job over.
Sometimes the only way through is calling the cops. Maybe they can get the point across that trespassing is illegal. That'll be his final warning. I'm betting most would think different if the kid was on your hunting property shooting your deer.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
tbaxl likes this.
lettheairout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2019, 04:56 PM   #8
Grand Slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettheairout View Post
Sometimes the only way through is calling the cops. Maybe they can get the point across that trespassing is illegal. That'll be his final warning. I'm betting most would think different if the kid was on your hunting property shooting your deer.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I would talk to the parents way before I called the law about a 16 year old kid hunting.

However, hunting and fishing are different situations. I haven't ever heard of someone accidentally getting shot fishing.

Geez Louise!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
lettheairout likes this.
Old 05-11-2019, 05:58 PM   #9
White Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outside9 View Post
( He's not worth losing a job over.
Surely hitting someone's 16 year old kid never crossed your mind?

I had one once and if some adult had put a hand on him for fishing, I would have lost my job and freedom.

Talk with the kid, maybe letting him fish might not be so bad.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
Where did I say anything about hitting him? I said have him popped(arrested). Tell him it is okay to trespass on land that is not mine? That is what would cost me my job...telling him he can trespass. Now, the kid is a liar, refuses to show ID, once he leaves property, we cannot follow him, so how do we talk to him? Someone said talk to his parents. Y'all explain how we do that.

So apparently, you think anyone should be able to ignore private property...go do what you want on others land...and nothing should be said.

One big thing. Liability. Kid gets bit by one of our moccasins while trespassing . Who pays? Kid gets hit by a car on property while trespassing...who is liable? Kid trespasses in someone's backyard and gets bit by a dog? Who is liable?
Old 05-11-2019, 06:02 PM   #10
Blue Marlin

Can You Guesstimate the Combined Value of the Skateboard, Green Mask, His Accomplishments to date along with the value of his Gear????...... Without this information, your Gripe is Pointless.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in