ANYONE WITH DOGS PLEASE READ - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 01-09-2008, 12:51 AM   #1
Grand Slam

Default ANYONE WITH DOGS PLEASE READ

This may be long but I want you to undrstand........

Last night while watching the LSU vs OSU game I had a SCARE. I didn't think about it at the time but during the pregame show my dog kinda got quite and I didnt notice she was gone. Well during that 45 minutes and almost to the end of the 1st Qrt. she didn'd make herself noticed. About 3 minutes into the 2nd Qrt she came in and TRIED to sit down and scratch her ear. SHE WAS FU#%ED UP.

If anyone knows my dog that is not RIGHT..... She was acting all strange and couldn't even stand up without muscle spasms or control of her body.

I automatcally thought someone had given her anti-freeze due not to hearing her raise any rucus int he back yard. I came in the computer room and looked up symptoms of that and things didn't match. She was not vomitting or was thirsty. ???

Looked up more and half time goes by...... I thought I had it nailed with rocky moutain fever . I was just hopping she would be able to make it till the morning so I could take her to the vet. :angel

Well...... next morning I get up and see if I can find any evidence of someone throughing a steak over the fence. ( ALL MY NEIGHBORS HAVE DOGS SO I'M WONDERING HOW IN THE HELL COULD THEY DO THIS.)

I see a bunch of plastic out in the yard and of course walk right to it. I'm exasmining it close because ANNA, the dog, had taken a bag of medication when I was sleeping. She hadn't eaten any of it as far as I could tell but was going to investigate farther.

As I was looking at the plastic I saw part of a CANDY BAR WRAPPER, this was this morning. I came in and asked Nikki if she had ate both the candy bars. She said no...

Let me tell you. I missed half the BCS game trying to figure this out and had settled on Rocky mountain fever or the deer tick. I had researched the snake bites and spider bites that ight have happened to no avail. :banghead

The dog had ate so much chocolate that she could not walk, scratch her ear and belive it or not...... NOT EVEN LICK HER OWN ARSE. She would not eat her favorite treat and when we tried to give her water her head shook like she had the ADVANCED SYMPTOMS of that disease that the Back from the Future guy has.

It was a rough night. She made it though the night and the vet said only because she was in GREAT HEALTH.

This wasn't Herhsay bars but Sweedish bars. She ate both of them and it wasn't fun watching the results.

I KNOW to not leave stuff within here reach but REMEMBER.... If you have company ALWAYS watch what they do because they my not have PETS.

I was close to losing mine last night and would not have had to money to spend to save her. It would have been a hard hit on me. :angel
Deeplines is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2008, 12:54 AM   #2
Ruby Red Lip

Default RE: ANYONE WITH DOGS PLEASE READ

OMG murph. How's she doing?
poker_fisher101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2008, 01:06 AM   #3
Grand Slam

Quote:
poker_fisher101 (1/8/2008)OMG murph. How's she doing?
OH, she is wide open now. Doctor said she was lucky. Her heart beat was down to 70 PPM and believe it or not the dog would't move. :bowdown

Don't know if you remember but she ate a 1/2 a bar of 85% COCO about a year ago and it didn't effect her one bit. THIS FUC%ED her up.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:07 AM   #4
Ruby Red Lip

That dog not move... I'm glad to hear she's doing better.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:09 AM   #5
Grouper

I'd heard that chocolate was bad for them but I never knew it would knock em down that bad. Thanks for the info.
jigslinger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2008, 01:12 AM   #6
Ruby Red Lip

yeah i remember that... weird that didn't do anything,but this did. I wonder what ingredients differ from the two bars.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:33 AM   #7
Grand Slam

Quote:
poker_fisher101 (1/8/2008)yeah i remember that... weird that didn't do anything,but this did. I wonder what ingredients differ from the two bars.
Don't really want to go into it but I HAVE ALWAYS THOUGHT IT WAS THE COCO. NOT........

Anyway Chris, you are the smart one so some good for you to look up. I know what it is NOW.... but you are our next Einstien if you study hard enough. :bowdown
Old 01-09-2008, 01:36 AM   #8
Ruby Red Lip

Einstein? close but no Einstein... thx though.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:39 AM   #9
Grand Slam

Quote:
poker_fisher101 (1/8/2008)Einstein? close but no Einstein... thx though.
Well, You are ONE SMART KID, no offense, but you have seemed to slow down since you discorved girls. LOL...........

DAMN........ There goes another great mind. :banghead:angel
Old 01-09-2008, 01:42 AM   #10
Ruby Red Lip

Just about fell out of my chair laughing, but I do have to agree with you on that one.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in