Anger management? - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Like Tree95Likes

Old 12-07-2015, 12:29 AM   #1
Sailfish

Default Anger management?

Ok, so...its kinda of embarrassing, and with heavy heart I post this. I think it's time I check into some anger management support.

I'm not a violent guy or a wife beater or nothing like that. I'm more of the....this damn bolt stripped, and this tool won't fit, $&%# explitive, and hammers thrown kind of guy. And, it just happens too often. It's not a drinking thing or what not. my fuse is just too damn short.

Anyways, I'm a young buck (25), and I want this cleared up before my kids come along and pick it up from me (like I did from my ol' man).

Do any of you know of any anger management or hell, even therapy, that works?

Disclaimer, I really don't want a religious one. Ive got my religion in check...but the church/church folk and I are at odds if ya catch my drift.

Anyways. If you have any ideas/support please let me know. Pm if ya like.
holicori is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2015, 12:54 AM   #2
Sailfish

yeah, when ya get mad take a deep breath and slowly count to 10. Always worked for me.
let the afflicted hear and rejoice.
Glorify the Lord with me;
let us exalt his name together.
Psalm 34:1-3

Short Range Grocery Getter Marlin 1895GBL 45-70, Long range Browning X-Bolt 300WSM.
Donut slayer is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2015, 01:11 AM   #3
White Marlin

Xanax at the onset of any irritability can work wonders for that problem. Generic (Alprazolam) is very inexpensive. Takes about 20 minutes and all is well
Smarty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2015, 01:14 AM   #4
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
Grand Slam

It's not a religion thing I don't think. I play golf with good Christians that throw a golf club and curse like the sailor they used to be.

It's more a personal thing. I used to play golf well. Now I'm a hacker. When it happened, I was not a pleasant guy to play with. I never threw a club, but I sure would curse. Now I just learned to not care so much. My solution was "ball in pocket", then walk up and hold the flag for my buddies. That way I was not sulking in the cart. I was still participating in the good humored banter...

Think of your buddy, helping you fix something. Or your son...

You don't want to be THAT guy to your friends, or your son.

It's really not that hard. But stand next to yourself, watch yourself.

Don't be THAT guy.

Jim
Old 12-07-2015, 01:39 AM   #5
Grand Slam

I'm trying to think of how to say this so it doesn't come across the wrong way, but forgive me if it does. To say you have your religion in check, yet you have an anger management issue, is somewhat of an oxymoron. Granted, I don't know what religion you claim, but if it is biblical Christianity then you are at odds with your faith...and therefore do not have it in check. I'm not in any way saying that believers in Christ are perfect or don't screw up, but I am saying that chronic anger issues are a symptom of something out of line in your faith. For the Christian, Christ transforms us from the inside out. As we yield to him he changes us to be more like him...this would include anger management. The test of your faith, according to the scripture, is the fruit of the spirit...love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness, and self control. All of these are evident in a Christian. If it were me, I would not rule out faith on this one. In fact, that would likely be my starting point. Best wishes and blessings to you.
jspooney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2015, 01:44 AM   #6
VIP of the PFF
Grand Slam

Wear a shock collar,and I'll man the button for you while you work on something aggravating. I imagine that we can chase that anger thing away pretty quickly. Heck we might even make some money out of this anger exorcism. We'll put it on you tube and AFV. I think that this'll work, I won't even charge you anything for my time.
Old 12-07-2015, 01:57 AM   #7
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by GROUPERKING View Post
Wear a shock collar,and I'll man the button for you while you work on something aggravating. I imagine that we can chase that anger thing away pretty quickly. Heck we might even make some money out of this anger exorcism. We'll put it on you tube and AFV. I think that this'll work, I won't even charge you anything for my time.

Make me watch the NCAA playoffs on dial up connection! Lol good god, I'm getting mad just thinking about it ha-ha. Geeze, let me wife grab that remote and you might as well send me to old sparky
Splittine likes this.
Old 12-07-2015, 02:01 AM   #8
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspooney View Post
I'm trying to think of how to say this so it doesn't come across the wrong way, but forgive me if it does. To say you have your religion in check, yet you have an anger management issue, is somewhat of an oxymoron. Granted, I don't know what religion you claim, but if it is biblical Christianity then you are at odds with your faith...and therefore do not have it in check. I'm not in any way saying that believers in Christ are perfect or don't screw up, but I am saying that chronic anger issues are a symptom of something out of line in your faith. For the Christian, Christ transforms us from the inside out. As we yield to him he changes us to be more like him...this would include anger management. The test of your faith, according to the scripture, is the fruit of the spirit...love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness, and self control. All of these are evident in a Christian. If it were me, I would not rule out faith on this one. In fact, that would likely be my starting point. Best wishes and blessings to you.
Well, let me try not to step on toes and point out that I was trying to keep it so that religion wasnt brought up at all.

I'm not against religion (grew up southern Baptist, and even headed off to Baptist bible college). But ultimately today, I really want nothing to do with "church folk" because I've seen who they really are, since I've spent 90% of my life with them.

So, for the sake of "never talk about politics or religion" lets just leave it at the door bud.

PS. You could be the pope and still struggle with something, because...you know...you're human. So, even if I was the pope and had 99% of my religion beliefs nailed down..yet I asked for help with the 1 thing I needed help with.....are you really going to bust my balls?

This is what gets me about church folk sometimes. I ask for help about a problem I have...and they just want to bust balls about why I even have the problem in the first place, and don't even offer any help.

Come on now.

Last edited by holicori; 12-07-2015 at 02:05 AM.
Old 12-07-2015, 02:13 AM   #9
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarty View Post
Xanax at the onset of any irritability can work wonders for that problem. Generic (Alprazolam) is very inexpensive. Takes about 20 minutes and all is well
My wife actually commented about this not long ago. At first I thought yea, I'm gonna need something medical for sure. Then I was kinda upset that she (and I) thought I needed to depend on meds to "be normal."

Does anybody on here actually use Xanax? I'm not sure how I feel about relying on a medicine for this; I'd really rather just change my personality. But maybe it's a good benefit for the meantime?
Old 12-07-2015, 02:17 AM   #10
eating tasty
White Marlin

From an unbiased outsiders perspective, I don't think spooney was busting your balls at all. He gave some sound advice, even if it wasn't what you wanted to hear, he wasn't coming down on you or condemning you though.

Sounds like maybe some of your anger may stem from the church? Maybe you got hurt there or burned and I'm sorry to hear that if so. But it's pretty good advice to start looking to where the root of your problem is and come to terms with it. That's the best way to fix things.

Good on you for realizing you have a problem and wanting to better yourself on a public forum. That takes some guts and character for sure.
FenderBender is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in