America to the rescue - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 01-13-2010, 07:49 PM   #1
Sailfish

Default America to the rescue

Sorry about your loss Haiti, let China take care of you, we are broke.

Tired of America to the rescue, let the Chinese and Ragheads with their trillons of dollars take care of someone besides themselves for a change.

We need to get US back on track.

An article on fox:

Quote:
Haiti has just been devastated by a massive 7.0 earthquake. This morning President Obama expressed his deep condolences and "unwavering support" for the people of Haiti and promised a "swift and coordinated effort.

So what?s next? Once again, America will rush in -- with food aid, with temporary shelters, with emergency services. The American military may even will ?invade? temporarily -- with rescue and recovery efforts, water purification facilities, infrastructure rebuilding equipment.

America?s rush to come to the aid of the world?s most disadvantaged nations once disaster strikes is so routine it?s taken for granted -- whether it?s a tsunami in Thailand or an earthquake in Ecuador.

Why?

Because we?re rich? Sure.

Because we?re generous? Sure.

Because we?re the most powerful country in the world? Sure.

But fast forward now to 2020 or so:

- Of every dollar that the American government spends, 50 cents is borrowed.

- The #1 item in the U.S. budget isn't military spending, or health care or social security -- it's debt servicing.

- Every man, woman and child in America owes over $50,000 in government debt ? before taking into account their personal debt obligations.

- The largest single holders of American debt will be the Chinese government and the sovereign wealth funds of the Arab oil producing countries.

So what happens to the Haitis of the world when disaster strikes a decade or so from now? One this is for sure -- the first call they make won?t be to the White House.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010/...bama-response/

choppedliver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2010, 07:58 PM   #2
Blue Marlin

Send a message via AIM to fisheye48
Default RE: America to the rescue

its a tragedy what happened down there and prayers go out to all the families....but the sad part is obama acted faster to help those people than he did when there was another terrorist attack on this country....just think boys and girls...only 3 more years of the jackass's tenure
fisheye48 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2010, 08:02 PM   #3
Sailfish

Quote:
fisheye48 (1/13/2010)its a tragedy what happened down there and prayers go out to all the families....but the sad part is obama acted faster to help those people than he did when there was another terrorist attack on this country....just think boys and girls...only 3 more years of the jackass's tenure
I said the EXACT same thing earlier today.... (Maybe I did not call him a jackass, but other than that.....):usaflag
angus_cow_doctor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2010, 08:03 PM   #4
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
Grand Slam

Josh,

I can tell you things happened within a couple hours of the attack... I was in Japan and rules changed quickly with regard to security... especially in Nigeria and Amsterdam. Not all at American reaction, but a lot of it was.

Cannot get into details, sorry... some of it was silly, some of it was good.

Just because it's not reported doesn't mean nothing happened.

Jim
Old 01-13-2010, 08:05 PM   #5
Sailfish

Quote:
fisheye48 (1/13/2010)its a tragedy what happened down there and prayers go out to all the families....but the sad part is obama acted faster to help those people than he did when there was another terrorist attack on this country....just think boys and girls...only 3 more years of the jackass's tenure

I do feel for them as well, don't mean to come across otherwise.

But... when we are I think 13 TRILLION bucks in debt???? We are just financing the rescue efforts along with just about anything else we do.

We are NUMBER ONE IN DEBT!!!! How can we be considered "rich" when we owe more than ANYONE ELSE IN THE WORLD????

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._external_debt
choppedliver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2010, 08:07 PM   #6
Your mom's a
Grand Slam

Two things real quick.

First, $100 bucks would rebuild that whole country to it's former stature.

Second, what's another hundo on top of $13 trillion?
JoeZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2010, 08:10 PM   #7
Blue Marlin

Send a message via AIM to fisheye48

Quote:
JoeZ (1/13/2010)Two things real quick.

First, $100 bucks would rebuild that whole country to it's former stature.

Second, what's another hundo on top of $13 trillion?

i could use that $100...and wonder why this country is going in the crapper fast??? i smell bailout round 2

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/29/business/29bonus.html
fisheye48 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2010, 08:22 PM   #8
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
Grand Slam

Quote:
choppedliver (1/13/2010)
Quote:
I do feel for them as well, don't mean to come across otherwise.

But... when we are I think 13 TRILLION bucks in debt???? We are just financing the rescue efforts along with just about anything else we do.

We are NUMBER ONE IN DEBT!!!! How can we be considered "rich" when we owe more than ANYONE ELSE IN THE WORLD????

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._external_debt
There are things we certainly should do... Seach and Rescue for instance. Not only is it the right thing to do but it offers real time training for crews from across the world. Same with medical assistance. A HUGE number of medical advances came from treating war injuries from the Civil War through the second Gulf War... It's FREE education for a huge number of professional medical personnel.

It doesn't cost much to feed people and treat injuries until some sort of government can be reestablished. Think of this as a nuclear attack on Washington D.C. Sure we can say it might not be a bad thing, but the country is without ANYTHING now.

And giving "favorite nation" status to Haiti to help with rebuilding. Tax Cuts... (heaven forbid) for companies that invest in Haiti to help rebuild.

Some things SHOULD be done... most of those are cheap and offer invaluable training to "First Responders" and medical personnel. Additional organizational experience is gained by responders like the Army, Navy,... etc. These folks are paid anyway, free real time training is a good thing. Yes there is some loss in immediate "readiness" at home... but that can be an acceptable risk based on operational cycles, time of year, etc.

There's a lot of operational gain from rescue efforts at not much cost. And the "good will" it generates is not a bad thing either.

Jim
Old 01-13-2010, 08:28 PM   #9
Grouper

There are people trapped and dying down there by the thousands, not all of them Hatians,we are closest to them and have some of the best rescue teams in the world....I certainly have no problem with the support we are sending.
SuperSpook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2010, 08:40 PM   #10
Ruby Red Lip

Sure we'll help and if I know America like it used to be, we'll helpbig and privately as well as publicly!

These people in Haiti above all else are human...they are every bit as much of God's creation as any one of us on this forum. Granted we are in debt but 100 Million is a drop in the bucket compared to the 868 Billion dollar Stimulus Package.

To see comments illuding we shouldn't help simply because we're in debt is disheartening.

There are children whcih in the instant of a 60 second Earthquake who are now homeless and possibly even fatherless and motherless.

We have been and still are one of the most blessed nations on the planet and it's because of our blessing that we should help. I don't know if this is a Biblical Doctrine but it sure seems to me that God blesses those who bless and curses those who curse.

to compare what we should do based on what China or the Middle Eastern Countries are doing is to bring our great nation and it's great people down to the level of countries ruled by religious zelots and dictators.

I'm no Obama fan, but for the first time in his Presidency, I agree with a position he holds
yammohamma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in