ACC Championship? - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 12-05-2010, 12:11 AM   #1
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
Grand Slam

Default ACC Championship?

Well at least the seats were nearly full this year...

The SEC RULES!!!

(just for my um and fsu buddies)

"Tee hee hee..."

Jim
jim t is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2010, 12:13 AM   #2
White Marlin

How did uf do today Jim?
biggamefishr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2010, 12:25 AM   #3
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
Grand Slam

Josh,

the 'noles KICKED our ass this year, but that just makes next year that much sweeter in G'ville (provided we can find an offensive line and decide on a qb).

But you gotta admit, the SEC is the best conference in the whole world...

Jim
Old 12-05-2010, 12:40 AM   #4
Grouper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim t View Post
Josh,

the 'noles KICKED our ass this year, but that just makes next year that much sweeter in G'ville (provided we can find an offensive line and decide on a qb).

But you gotta admit, the SEC is the best conference in the whole world...

Jim
Mr.Jim you are so right. As an Auburn fan i went with one of my Rammer Jammer friends to Atl the first year that nick jesus lost to Tebo. i had to go with him because most of his jammer friends could not take off from their job and attend the game. but after the defeat at the hands of tebo, while walking down the ramps, i saw some guys wearing some LSU gear and yes i was decked out in full AUBURN gear, the LSU men were chanting SEC, SEC,SEC. now i know what them coon asses wrere feeling. go SEC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
spear em is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2010, 12:41 AM   #5
Grouper

FSU is coming back, too bad Ponder wasn't able to play tonight. I think they could have won if he was 100% and played like he did against us...err Gators. I don't like it when a team can't field there best 11.
finfever61 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2010, 12:48 AM   #6
Grouper

Quote:
Originally Posted by spear em View Post
Mr.Jim you are so right. As an Auburn fan i went with one of my Rammer Jammer friends to Atl the first year that nick jesus lost to Tebo. i had to go with him because most of his jammer friends could not take off from their job and attend the game. but after the defeat at the hands of tebo, while walking down the ramps, i saw some guys wearing some LSU gear and yes i was decked out in full AUBURN gear, the LSU men were chanting SEC, SEC,SEC. now i know what them coon asses wrere feeling. go SEC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Been to quite a few SEC Championship games and I believe 1/4 or more of the audience is just SEC fans that love the game. Hell I gave my two tickets to a couple of Cocks fans. If he wasn't a great guy wanting to take his son to his first game I would have went.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:56 PM   #7
Grouper

Jim, your original comment is a bit skewed. The SECCG is played in a dome. The ACCCG was played outdoors where it was sleeting all day long. They did sell out all the tickets, but you can't blame a few thousand fans for not braving the elements. I would, but not everyone is gonna go for that. Jimbo has been petitioning for the ACCCG to be played in a dome, but it's gonna be hard to find one. I vote for New Orleans Screw all the further north/east ACC teams.
Buckethead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2010, 10:08 PM   #8
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
Grand Slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckethead View Post
Jim, your original comment is a bit skewed. The SECCG is played in a dome. The ACCCG was played outdoors where it was sleeting all day long. They did sell out all the tickets, but you can't blame a few thousand fans for not braving the elements. I would, but not everyone is gonna go for that. Jimbo has been petitioning for the ACCCG to be played in a dome, but it's gonna be hard to find one. I vote for New Orleans Screw all the further north/east ACC teams.
I went to an ACC Championship in decent weather a couple years ago in Jacksonville. 2/3's full.

It was ugly in my area, drunk fans from both sides exchanging rude insults.

It was a night game which certainly adds to the garbage.

I have been to 3 SEC championship games. ALWAYS fun, ALWAYS full, enough fans from both sides that kept the azzholes at bay.

Moving the ACC Championship to Charlotte was a good idea. I think it was 85% full based on attendance. I'd just say the SEC Championship game would be standing room only on a snowy Tuesday in Birmingham (which used to host the game) even if it were Arkansas and Vandy.

Jim
Old 12-06-2010, 10:13 PM   #9
Grouper

Heck they should have it in Atlanta the day before the SEC. They could rotate each year who went first... That would be a fun weekend.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:25 PM   #10
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
Grand Slam

I should add that the ACC Basketball tourney would be FULL even if it were played in Orlando. Well maybe it'd be not quite full in the finals if fsu and um were playing...

OUCH!!!

Jim

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in