And you thought this was over? Best article to date on what is happening right now. - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > General Discussion

Old 10-18-2011, 03:03 PM   #1
Blue Marlin

Default And you thought this was over? Best article to date on what is happening right now.

The Big Fix Opens New Orleans Film Festival as Fresh Oil Continues From BP Macondo Site

"SS: That was in August. I confirmed through another source that there was oil coming up from the reservoir."

"JC: This sounds like what was being discussed very early on, that the seafloor had been fractured and there was no way to stop the flow from the Macondo site. One Russian scientist who was brought in described the site as resembling a gigantic shattered windshield on the ocean floor."

The FULL article.... This is the best that I have read to date, Article dated TODAY, the 18th...

No wonder Feinberg was pushing those final settlements down our throats.....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jerry-...b_1015193.html

Last edited by Boatjob1; 10-18-2011 at 03:17 PM.
Boatjob1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2011, 03:25 PM   #2
Mingo

hamhands is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2011, 05:01 PM   #3
Valued Member
Blue Marlin

I got a report from a commercial fishing vessel off the coast of mobile around the rigs, he said a large oil slick surrounded him and went on for a good ways, not too long after that a c-130 flew over dumping dispersion in the water and on-top of them, one of the guys got the stuff in his eyes and was hospitalized.

C.A.T.S The Souths First Catfish Club

www.flatheads.us

CATHUNTERS YOUTUBE

Last edited by CatHunter; 10-28-2011 at 07:56 PM.
CatHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2011, 05:40 PM   #4
Sailfish

Id he sure its a C-130, only military ones are the CG in St Pete and a few AF at Eglin and Hubert field. Unless it was contract some how. Does he know his planes? Yopu have to be low to do disperants so you could read any lettering on it, spically with binocs
Thats not good, the disperant part, I would have videoed it on my phone.

BIllD
dockmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2011, 06:10 PM   #5
Valued Member
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockmaster View Post
Id he sure its a C-130, only military ones are the CG in St Pete and a few AF at Eglin and Hubert field. Unless it was contract some how. Does he know his planes? Yopu have to be low to do disperants so you could read any lettering on it, spically with binocs
Thats not good, the disperant part, I would have videoed it on my phone.

BIllD
Not 100% sure on the details yet.

www.flatheads.us

CATHUNTERS YOUTUBE
Old 10-21-2011, 12:11 PM   #6
Cigar Minnow

Default Tnx 4 Heads up

[QUOTE=Boatjob1;750148]The Big Fix Opens New Orleans Film Festival as Fresh Oil Continues From BP Macondo Site

Thanks 4 the heads up... I haven't been able to get back here b/c Yahoo pointed me to a different direction. I'm not happy about it and sort of quit for awhile but I'm trying to get back to it.

Every day's different and crazy. I'm looking at the information you sent and will continue to do so. Maybe there's something I can do, we'll see.

The economy is still one big sucking noise, but I hope there has been some improvement down there in spite of these continuing problems.

Best,

Anthony

PS_ I need to get caught up on lots of new information, I'm sure.
moeursalen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2011, 10:42 AM   #7
Grand Slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatHunter View Post
I got a report from a commercial fishing vessel of the coast of mobile around the rigs, he said a large oil slick surrounded him and went on for a good ways, not to long after that a c-130 flew over dumping dispersant in the water and on-top of them, one of the guys got the stuff in his eyes and was hospitalized.
this kind of thing kills me... "I got a report" stuff

(In other words, Billy told Tom, Tom's wife told here sister, but her Mother thinks she overheard her say something, and she told Susie at the salon, and I saw Billy at rehab) ,

if this kind of thing really did occure, I am sure it would be on the news and just about every else by now. I mean an airplane dumping something on a fishing boat while at sea abd a guy goes to the hospital.......... hummmmmm, I think it's time to let this die unless there really is a problem...... just thoughts.
Realtor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2011, 06:32 PM   #8
Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realtor View Post
this kind of thing kills me... "I got a report" stuff

(In other words, Billy told Tom, Tom's wife told here sister, but her Mother thinks she overheard her say something, and she told Susie at the salon, and I saw Billy at rehab) ,

if this kind of thing really did occure, I am sure it would be on the news and just about every else by now. I mean an airplane dumping something on a fishing boat while at sea abd a guy goes to the hospital.......... hummmmmm, I think it's time to let this die unless there really is a problem...... just thoughts.
2nd that
J rod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2011, 07:25 PM   #9
Grand Slam

Silly ass shit.I love it!!

Come on Cathunter, We need them details. Every one is waiting.

Blazer Bay 2170 Yamaha 200

JoeyWelch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2011, 01:46 AM   #10
Valued Member
Blue Marlin

[QUOTE=jlw1972;752876]Silly ass shit.I love it!!

Ah damn its this guy again running into the wall and cant figure out how to open the door. If its not on your TV then it must not be true Keep turning the knob yull figure it out. Besides it wouldn't matter if you was to read it in the Sunday paper, See or hear no evil that's our American way..Never said i was giving any details, we see and hear alot out there while your sitting home snug as a bug in a rug watching football we are in the gulf working. Big seas or not our big ol boat is out there riding the waves weekly, we see all the water color changes, moon phases, we know when and where the fish are biting,we know when the fish are migrating we know how fast the tide is offshore and we even see a little oil float by from time to time but we just don't talk about it any more because people just don't want to hear it, just like with our economy crisis that's about to strike we just don't want to think any thing is wrong

But on a lighter not the gulf is fine, we have been catching plenty of fish all year long, NOAA even said the mingos are over populated, and we should catch more..
The snappers are every where, the triggers have made a great come back, Sharks are more plentiful then ever, so what if a oil slick floats by every now and then u think i care, pufft this planet is to fare gone to care now, after all the major disasters this year the oceans have taken a major blow from the run offs, who knows maybe all the big jelly fish floating around lately are like the earth immune system(white blood cells) or something trying to fight off this plague.

Point being If your that dumb to think its all gone or just want to tell people that to keep your dollars rolling in that's fine, But if u don't wanna read or hear about it don't poke your head in here.

Most have been paid off and just don't care any more (like my self) but i will still acknowledge that its not over..

Theres more going on then whats happening here in the Us learn to connect the dots and you can solve the puzzles, how many major oil spills do you think has happened since bp, how much oil has been dumped, so ask me if i care if people throw garbage in the water ill say not any more..We had a good run though didn't we..
july 2010
oct 6 2011
july 2011

imagine what was dumped after the great quake in japan

Theres many of them from all over the world from many nations, there's more going on then just a few football games

www.flatheads.us

CATHUNTERS YOUTUBE

Last edited by CatHunter; 10-24-2011 at 02:59 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in