Wtb vacuum sealer - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > General Discussion

Like Tree20Likes

Old 06-03-2019, 10:23 AM   #1
White Marlin

Default Wtb vacuum sealer

What's the best bang for you buck when it comes to vacuum sealers? Looking for real word experiences pros and cons. Thanks alot
cody&ryand is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2019, 10:26 AM   #2
Bearded Brotula
Grand Slam

I've had 2 Foodsavers and they just can't keep up with a couple deer or a box full of fish. When this one dies, I'm going with Weston or VacMaster.
cody&ryand likes this.
Old 06-03-2019, 10:35 AM   #3
White Marlin

I am not very familiar with vacuum sealers when you say can't keep up what exactly do you mean?

Old 06-03-2019, 10:39 AM   #4
Bearded Brotula
Grand Slam

The heat strip overheats pretty quick and you're just sitting there waiting to seal bags.
Old 06-03-2019, 11:15 AM   #5
Snapper

I have a vacmaster chamber sealer. I'd HIGHLY suggest a chamber sealer over a foodwaster (foodsaver).

If you do the math the chamber sealers actually come out cheaper in the long term too.

The chamber sealers are quite a bit more expensive upfront but the bags are WAY cheaper. Plus they give you a far superior vacuum seal than the foodsavers. I think the math I did said if I do a few deer a year and some fish along with garden stuff I break even in like 2-3 years, after that the chamber sealer is cheaper than the foodsaver.
cody&ryand and reel jewell like this.
rustybucket is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2019, 11:57 AM   #6
White Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustybucket View Post
I have a vacmaster chamber sealer. I'd HIGHLY suggest a chamber sealer over a foodwaster (foodsaver).

If you do the math the chamber sealers actually come out cheaper in the long term too.

The chamber sealers are quite a bit more expensive upfront but the bags are WAY cheaper. Plus they give you a far superior vacuum seal than the foodsavers. I think the math I did said if I do a few deer a year and some fish along with garden stuff I break even in like 2-3 years, after that the chamber sealer is cheaper than the foodsaver.
The chamber sealer may be a little out of my price range those are not cheap at all!!
Old 06-03-2019, 05:30 PM   #7
Sailfish

i've had a foodsaver v3460 for about 10 yrs now and it works great. i have no issues with the heat strip. just give it a few seconds after the seal and start another bag. i buy the 11''x 16' gamesaver sixpack on sale. bogo.
bout $60 for 12 rolls. each roll makes about 16 1-gal bags but you can make any size you need. i need a new gasket ($3) but i just put oil or water on it to make it seal. i'll buy another foodsaver if this one quits.

jack
cody&ryand likes this.
Old 06-03-2019, 05:33 PM   #8
Mingo

When the strip on mine heats up, I run an ice cube back and forth on it a few times and continue with my sealing.
Rick
cody&ryand likes this.
Fl Panhandler is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2019, 05:36 PM   #9
Bearded Brotula
Grand Slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack2 View Post
i've had a foodsaver v3460 for about 10 yrs now and it works great. i have no issues with the heat strip. just give it a few seconds after the seal and start another bag. i buy the 11''x 16' gamesaver sixpack on sale. bogo.
bout $60 for 12 rolls. each roll makes about 16 1-gal bags but you can make any size you need. i need a new gasket ($3) but i just put oil or water on it to make it seal. i'll buy another foodsaver if this one quits.

jack
That's the same one I have right now.
Old 06-04-2019, 05:40 AM   #10
Snapper

I have a vacmaster VP210 chamber sealer and agree with everything said above about chamber sealers. We seal a lot of fish and it never fails to keep up. You can also seal liquids like soup. I vacuum seal towels and keep them on the boat for when I forget to bring one. We order the bags online and they run about $40/1000 including shipping. The only drawback is they are really heavy, ours weighs about 70 pounds. We keep it on a metal rolling cart that has a shelf for all the different size bags and roll it into a closet when we aren't using it. I wore out a couple of the "suck" sealers before going with a chamber and there is no comparison to the vacuum it pulls and the seal. It double seals the bag in one pass also. I know they are pricey but if you are doing as much sealing as the OP states it will pay for itself in pretty short order. You will be sealing things you never thought about sealing!
Bluecape is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in