Worst Charter EVER!! - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > General Discussion
Register Fishing Photos FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Advertise

Old 04-21-2010, 04:25 AM   #1
Knotworkin
Trigger

Default Worst Charter EVER!!

Decided to take a day off from work which was desperately needed and go fishing. A few of the guys in the office did the same we had found a $50 dollar 4hr charter and by the name A1 Outcast deep sea charter I figured what the hell lets give them a try... Atleast if they suck we can catch a few fish and drink some beer. So we all meet at the Florabama launch for a short trip figuring that we'd catch plenty of nice red snapperlike you do every year when you can't keep'em. Also some mingo, white snapper ect. just a day on the water drinkin beer and fishing with some buds ya know stress relief. We left the dock on a beautiful fri morning and trolled some cedar plugs on the way out so I thought to myself huh might not be a bad trip..... Boy was I wronglong story short 1.5 hr xsit to the first spot 2 mins lines in the water no bites next spot 2mins lines in the water no bites finally after the 5th stop we stayed for more than 2mins so I threw my king rig out to see if one was learking then 1 min later lines up were heading back WTF!!!!!!!!!! 15 mins of fishing are you kiding me, talked to the deck-hand and he siad they were marking fish up and down the column... So I replied what do they have LOCK-JAW?? I have been on a few bad charters but WOW this takes the f-in trophy they should be called F1dontwasturmoneywe just fish no catchin charter. Fishing report 11 people onboard that's $550 and 1 pinfish size snapper and a squirrel fish and more stressed than when I stepped onboard.......... Good thing I didn't buy ice for the cooler I would have wasted 51.50!! Pass the word I know there are bad days of fishing but come on!!!!!
Slqfisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2010, 04:30 AM   #2
Grouper

Default RE: Worst Charter EVER!!

Are you serious???
Chris Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2010, 04:35 AM   #3
Knotworkin
Trigger

Yep nuttin but the truth brother, I felt violated...
Slqfisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2010, 04:42 AM   #4
Sailfish

Wow That Sucks!!!
Snatch it is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2010, 05:27 AM   #5
Your mom's a
Grand Slam

Quote:
Slqfisher (21/04/2010)I felt violated...
The situation sucks but the phrasing is funny as hell.
JoeZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2010, 12:57 PM   #6
Grand Slam

Sorry to hear about your bad time. don't know if it matters but i have fished expensive charters that didn't catch but a couple fish. it happens to everybody sometimes. i have also fished that same boat at other times and caught fish until i was tired af catching. i guess thats why it's called fishing instead of catching. like i said, i'm sorry to hear it but it does happen. even to the big boy's sometimes.</p>
JoeyWelch is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2010, 02:54 PM   #7
White Marlin

I've been a charter like this before, you never get a chance to fish, two minutes in the water and then back up. I think the problem is you need more than two minutes to find the bite, you end up driving around more than fishing.

Next time you want to go give the Swoop out of Destin a try, http://www.swooppartyboat.com/rates.htm Make sure you get the $5 coupon at the bottom of the webpageand the 5 hour trip is $50 or the 6 hour trip is $60, I promise you'll have a better time. I've never been on that boat and not caught fish. </p>
69Viking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2010, 04:11 PM   #8
Ruby Red Lip

I agree that sometimes the fish just don't want to bite, but that's a little silly. If all you guys wanted to do was pull on some fish, he could've taken you to any number of public spots and caught fish. Just look at the offshore reports. Right now ANYONE with a boat can find red snapper to have fun with and send back.

Let's give the captain the benefit of the doubt and say the long run was an attempt to get away from snapper and give you guys a shot at putting something in the cooler. But after 2 spots not producing, why not head to some tried and true spots and atleast let you catch some snapper and send them back down???

My guess, you paid $550 to fund his gas plus some for some exploration for the upcoming Snapper season. That's too bad.

I don't know the boat, the captain, etc. But being a novice at best and knowing how easy we locate and catch snapper, I find it hard to believe that this captain was really trying to put you on fish...
gtchris19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2010, 05:19 PM   #9
Grouper

What were you expecting for 50 dollars?
chad403 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2010, 05:33 PM   #10
White Marlin

Quote:
chad403 (21/04/2010)What were you expecting for 50 dollars?
Not sure what your charters are like in the Pensacola area but for $50 in Destin you can find some pretty good fishing aboard Charter/Party Boats like the Swoop! It's arguably the fastest big Party Boat in Destin and they get you out to some good spots pretty quick so don't knock $50.

It amazes me on this forum how some think throwing more and more money out is the way to get good service these days. I guess if you have money to burn then you don't worry about finding a good deal such as a $50 charter like some of us do but don't knock it just because you have money to burn. This economy has been rough on a lot of people so attacking someone for the amount of money they spend to go fishing is a little insensitive when you most likely don't have all the facts. This forum is family so why not follow up my example andoffer up a betteraffordable option instead of ragging on him for how much he chose to spend. :doh
69Viking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in