Why!!!! Lanunch Fees..... - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > General Discussion

Old 08-25-2012, 05:12 PM   #1
Sailfish

Default Why!!!! Lanunch Fees.....

Where in the Hell does Gulf Breeze get the idea that the launch right over 3 mile on the right should cost 10 bucks to launch. You know I feel allot better paying that if they have stuff like fresh water wash down but at least have a bathroom. All the money I spend to go fishing then there's a retired lady with a hand written( looked like her grand daughter wrote it) sign charging up to boats to get the 10 bucks out of them. Where does my registration fees for my boat and trailer and my fishing license money go towards freaking false studies on ARS or what?

And how long before they start charging at Bayou grande Launch where I usually launch from?
flukedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2012, 05:28 PM   #2
Sailfish

I've seen her there before. Does she own that lot? Does she work for the city? It seems like it would look more professional if that were the case. I thought it was a public ramp for free public use and once a month you have to pay? Seems odd to me too

About 6 months ago, they said that they would have to charge me to put in my kayak there. To avoid the fee, I could launch it from the lagoon area right next to the ramp. Seems stupid

Click for Spearfishing, Astrophotography, Timelapse, Diving, Fishing, Skiing, Warrior Dash videos:

http://www.youtube.com/user/jdbeach2...?sort=p&view=0

Last edited by aquatic argobull; 08-25-2012 at 05:30 PM.
aquatic argobull is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2012, 05:32 PM   #3
Mingo

This last week at gulf breeze/ shoreline park I was charged to launch a Jon boat. Pretty decent rest rooms. Nice launch. But $10!!! I was shocked. Saw that same lady at that launch, thought that was kinda sketchy? Is she legit?
NCTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2012, 05:34 PM   #4
Snapper

Money goes to the county. The year pass is a better deal because it is 50 bucks and you can use any boat launch ran by Santa Rosa County. I do think 10 bucks is much for a single launch.
acoustifunk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2012, 05:39 PM   #5
White Marlin

Isnt sanders beach onlu five.either way its bull shit that we have to pay to launch at public ramps we payed for.
southern yakker is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2012, 05:43 PM   #6
Grouper

fee is just another word for tax on something they are already taxing you for
FISHBOXFULL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2012, 06:01 PM   #7
White Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by acoustifunk View Post
Money goes to the county. The year pass is a better deal because it is 50 bucks and you can use any boat launch ran by Santa Rosa County. I do think 10 bucks is much for a single launch.
I was under the impression the money goes to the City Of Gulf Breeze, and the $50.00 per year (April - April) is definitely a better deal for frequent users...the pass only applies to city owned launches, Shoreline & 3 Mile but I may be incorrect in my assumptions.

Jimmy
jjam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2012, 06:11 PM   #8
Sailfish

Seems like 5 would be allot more acceptible( I consider it already paid with license and boat and trailer registration)... but then I guess someone has to pay the lady or does she and her hubby just do a lil skimming from the pot. If it didnt seem so unprofessional as well would be easier to swallow, wondering why the homeless don't do it when they arent there .....
flukedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2012, 06:52 PM   #9
Sailfish

pensacola ship yard only 5.00 or 75.00 a year, and they have air, wash down, and motor flush. before that i used sanders, 5.00 or 1 year, i forgot price, think it was 50.00 10.00 crazy as hell%$##$%%$##
20simmons sea skiff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2012, 06:52 PM   #10
Grouper

Other than her “Hand written sign”, what does she have to prove she has the authority to collect any fees. In addition, do you get any type of receipt to prove that you paid?

If not, I would call it a fraud on her part, & if ticketed, that is how I would defend my position.
Big Red is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in