Vacuum Sealer's? - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > General Discussion

Old 03-14-2010, 01:22 PM   #1
Mingo

Default Vacuum Sealer's?

I have used them ever sense they came out! :letsdrink And to me the fish ( and other foods) seam to be as good as when they were caught!

Im just woundering if anyone has a better way ? I like to stock up my frezzer and always looking for a better way! Any sugestions ?? Thank's! :letsdrink :usaflag :usaflag
Papa Z is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2010, 01:57 PM   #2
Sailfish

Default RE: Vacuum Sealer's?

Quote:
Papa Z (3/14/2010)I have used them ever sense they came out! :letsdrink And to me the fish ( and other foods) seam to be as good as when they were caught!

Im just woundering if anyone has a better way ? I like to stock up my frezzer and always looking for a better way! Any sugestions ?? Thank's! :letsdrink :usaflag :usaflag

Gulf breeze walmart has some freezer bags that have a valve built in. I think its zip loc brand.

They also sell a hand pump for like $5 or something. Works good. but i find it just as easy to use the wand on my vacuum cleaner.

Super cheap compared to one of these dedicated uniits like the food saver... expensive sealer, expensive bags. Angus told me about them and they are all I use now. I mean when I was actually catching fish that is
choppedliver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2010, 07:33 PM   #3
Cigar Minnow

Have you tried the hand held ziplock (no batteries) or the hand held Reynolds (batteries) vacuum sealers ..the sell them at the Winn Dixies..uses a special zip lock bag..both work great and alot cheaper and smaller than the traditional vacuum sealers that take up alot of room ..and not much to clean..
trebled hook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2010, 09:29 AM   #4
Mingo

Thank's T/H But i have 2 Seal a Meal's And haven't had any problum's yet!

I even marinate my fish & meat for the grill :letsdrink with them!! Verry quick and easy! :hungry I was just woundering if anyone ealse used them! :letsdrink I have also herd frezing fish in water to helpkeep them fresh? But i never tryed it! :usaflag

Old 03-15-2010, 09:48 AM   #5
Sailfish

we've always frozen our brim in water. Don't know why, thats the way grandma did it, so moma did it, so I do it.

I used to use the vacuum sealer a lot, but I've gotten out of it. I don't have a fancy one and it takes to long to make a bag. I used to use it when making sausage but it just took to long when making 50-100 pounds of sausage.

I've thought about looking into a nicer one, but they sure are expensive.
AUradar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2010, 09:52 AM   #6
Snapper

this is the way i do it.

1. unused kitchen garbage can

2.regular ziplockbags of any size

fill garbage can with water, place fish in bags about 3\4 full do not seal bag. push bag of fish as far down into the can full of water the deeper the better. you will notice all of the air being pushed out of the bag from the water pressure. move fish around in bag to get all of the air out seal the bag under the water, remove bag dry it off place in freezer. you will be amazed how well it works and the best thing is you dont have to spend an arm and leg buying those special bags. we freeze a ton of fish and wild game every year and have been usuing this method for a long time and i have never had anything taste funny or get freezer burned. hope you try it
shanester is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2010, 10:16 AM   #7
Praedator
Grand Slam

I should buy stock in foodsaver as much as use ours. I bought one about 5 years ago and it's going strong. Our freezer stays stocked. Eat the older stuff and restock as it get's low. Saves money. Tastes as fresh as the day it was caught/bought.
Telum Pisces is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2010, 10:27 AM   #8
Mingo

Quote:
Telum Pisces (3/15/2010)I should buy stock in foodsaver as much as use ours. I bought one about 5 years ago and it's going strong. Our freezer stays stocked. Eat the older stuff and restock as it get's low. Saves money. Tastes as fresh as the day it was caught/bought.
:toast
Old 03-15-2010, 10:27 AM   #9
Snapper

Amazon was having a sale on one of the foodsaver units last year, so i went ahead and got one. I love it...although I'll bet some cheaper solutions work really well too. The hand held pumps and their bags should work fine I would think. Freezing fish in water should prevent fish from getting 'fishy', because it prevents air from touching the filets, but it's going to screw up the texture of the fish some.

Fiver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2010, 10:33 AM   #10
Mingo

That sound's good ! :letsdrink But im single and only have a sibr by side frezer and my sealer system stack's nice and [email protected] Not as bulky as a bag of water! :toast

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in