Update on Kristy for those following along - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > General Discussion

Old 08-20-2012, 03:12 PM   #1
Snapper

Default Update on Kristy for those following along

For those of you who have been following along with the progress of Kristy (young single mother that is battling Leukemia), here is a quick update on her.

She has found a marrow donor and will head to Shands on the 12th of September and will undergo enough chemo and radiation (hopefully for only two weeks) to get her into a "short term remmission" and will have the transplant the next day. After the transplant (hopefully a successful one) she will stay in the hospital for a month or so then she will have to go to the "Hope Lodge" and stay there for aprox three months. While at the hope lodge we have to have someone there at ALL times for the three months as a "caregiver". We know that we are not going to collectively have enough time off from work to make that happen and will have to hire a proffesional caregiver to stay with her. Hopefully we can recieve enough donations through events and online donations to come close to the expenses that will come up because medicare will not pay for it. So far the Aldeer family has helped out a great deal and has helped us (The Kristy Nolan Leukemia Foundation) help her stay afloat with her bills and normal expenses with her two kids, but we are needing more unfortunately, and will need alot more starting next month. She was just given a "no work order" for one year post transplant and that was devistating news to her. She was also told that she cannot even go out in public for the one year also, to include normal shopping and cant even clean her own house, so she will have to live with one of us for that timeframe. I am asking for two things please..

1) We are having a 5K event in Panama City this coming Saturday and will have various Silent Auction's going on throughout the day. If anyone has anything thing they would like to donate for the Auctions, please get with me via PM or the contact info I will list below. It doesnt have to be anything large and can be anything from a hunting/fishing trip to an old iron you have laying around. Basically anything you can provide to raise a couple of dollars.

2) If you want to help, but dont have anything to donate for the auctions, we have a paypal account set up for donations and can also recieve checks/money orders made out to "the kristy nolan leukemia foundation". I have been telling folks that want to donate, but just dont have the funds right now, that "NO DONATION IS TOO SMALL"!! Even a donation of five bucks will be put to good use. She has two small kids that she still has to support and her ex is trying to gain custody because of her situation and the fact that she cant always pay for the things they need (we are actually having to retain a lawyer in order to fight all of his crap in court, but that is another story). Please guys and gals, this young lady is fighting tooth, nail, and hair folicle to beat this stuff and so far she is doing a great job. She is a huge outdoors-lady and when she found out our hunting club name a green field after her and I am building a 8X5 shooting house that is wheelchair accessible, she started crying (its called Kristys-Kondo on Kristys Field) She also wanted me to tell yall, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!

I tried to link the other thread on here, but couldnt figure it out, so if you want to read the rest of her story, just do a search for "Prayer Request Kristy" and they will come up.

Here is the contact info for any donations.

PayPal email address [email protected]

Donation mailing address is
Kristy Nolan Leukemia Foundation
2188 Hadleigh Hills ct
Navarre Fl, 32566
(checks can be made out to "kristy nolan leukemia foundation")

Contact email's
[email protected]
Mine is [email protected]

you can follow her on facebook through the foundation site where she puts daily updates on, by searching "the kristy nolan leukemia foundation" on facebook

If you would like to contact myself for any questions, please PM me and I will give you my cell number.

Once again fellas and ladies, we cant thank yall enough for all the prayers and support yall have shown and it brings her to tears everytime she hears of a complete stranger helping her out and she wanted to me to tell yall again "THANK YOU" for everything.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2012, 04:35 PM   #2
Grouper

Our familys prayers will be adding her to our list, an will keep update on her. God Bless ole carver an family
TheCarver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2012, 05:40 PM   #3
Snapper

Thank You very much sir.
bamagun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2012, 07:30 PM   #4
Snapper

Carver, can you think of any ideas to generate donations outside of just asking for them? I know sometimes people are a little hesitant when it comes to giving money, but sometimes if you make it "interactive" somewhat, people are more willing to give.. We, as a foundation, are willing to try every approach and are asking for any and all advice.

With all that being said, I believe prayer has gotten her through to this point in her battle and is the number one COA when it comes to fighting this deadly cancer and thank you for your prayers and thoughts.

Thanks
Old 08-20-2012, 08:13 PM   #5
Grouper

When the gun club does a collection for such, A item can be donated to be raffled off for nonprofit benifits,Which make it legal, I thought PFF had a Auction rule to some effect of this nature. Not shur of this. Mabe some of the Mods have more info on Donated items for such a situation? Its a thing gents will put 20.oo up on a chance to win a rifle pistol or knife, an at times the overall out come can exceed the cost of the item put up. Just a idea... There are Face book chain raffles a well, ole carver
TheCarver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2012, 10:35 PM   #6
Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCarver View Post
When the gun club does a collection for such, A item can be donated to be raffled off for nonprofit benifits,Which make it legal, I thought PFF had a Auction rule to some effect of this nature. Not shur of this. Mabe some of the Mods have more info on Donated items for such a situation? Its a thing gents will put 20.oo up on a chance to win a rifle pistol or knife, an at times the overall out come can exceed the cost of the item put up. Just a idea... There are Face book chain raffles a well, ole carver
Yeah, Ive seen those done in the past. I need to stop by some of the local outdoor shops and see if I cant get some items donated and maybe have a large "grab bag" with a whole bunch of smaller items like arrows, arrow rests, lures and such and raffle/auction it off.. I need to look into that.. Thanks for the idea.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:48 PM   #7
WDE
Ruby Red Lip

Hurts me to hear stuff like that. Praying hard.
WDE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2012, 12:24 AM   #8
Snapper

Thanks a ton
Old 08-23-2012, 02:09 PM   #9
Snapper

"First Cast", thank you very much!!
Old 08-24-2012, 02:36 PM   #10
Snapper

The herald over in PC did a story on Kristy and ran it this morning if yall want to check out the link.. Also, her second donor has backed out so they have pushed her date back another month and she isnt taking it very well.. Hopefully she sees the bigger picture and we can raise quite a bit of money tomorrow to get her through another month..

Link

http://www.newsherald.com/news/city-105001-leukemia-mother.html

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in