Unzipping legs from fishing pants. - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > General Discussion

Like Tree6Likes

Old 07-03-2014, 09:56 AM   #1
Blue Marlin

Default Unzipping legs from fishing pants.

Have you ever done it?--Often? Once or twice?

I have never removed mine and the zipper is uncomfortable.

Would you buy better looking pants without all of the hidden pockets and zip off legs to be more comfortable?

It seems like everybodies fishing pants follow one design. I have about 5 pair from 3 sources and all are about equally uncomfortable.

I'd love to have some cut like "Comfort cut" jeans with regular pockets. Of course, I'd want them made from breathable fabric and have the built in "Package support."

I wear a fishing vest most of the time because I don't want my phone and camera banging down around my knees in the stupid pockets these companies have settled on.

Opinions and suggestions, please. Maybe somebody will make comfortable, good looking pants if we generate a good response.

I'm going to ICASTweek after next and a list of suggestions to manufacturers might get a response.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2014, 10:03 AM   #2
Snapper

Looking the show boat part does not put fish in the boat. Why do you have to have "Fishing Pants" to go fishing? Dress comfortably and enjoy the fishing. As for the phone and camera store then on or in the consul or in your regular shorts or pants pockets.
capthoop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2014, 11:00 AM   #3
Blue Marlin

Quote:
As for the phone and camera store then on or in the consul or in your regular shorts or pants pockets.
Yea...away from the dramatic's that Saltwater does to them.

I for one like the Standard Aftco shorts....I wear them all the time. They are tuff, casual, meet a semi dressy slot also. They dry quick.

I hate Board shorts...I hate shorts that are not shorts at all but as women of the 60's would call them "Peddle Pushers".

The Suck, They look untidy.....Some queer gangster must have designed them.
OLDCRAB and GIggaMon like this.
X-Shark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2014, 11:02 AM   #4
Snapper

I have a pair of these and really like them. You can get them in 3 different lengths, has plier pocket with loop and deep enough pockets for other stuff you want to keep on you and very comfortable (to me at least).

http://www.aftco.com/original-long-m...-1811-prd1.htm
PJIII likes this.
bamacpa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2014, 11:06 AM   #5
Senior Yakker
White Marlin

Magellan makes some without zipper legs. They're very comfortable. I have a couple pairs and they're almost the only pants I wear fishing.

As far as the "why wear fishing pants" question. Because they're the most comfortable thing out there...get em wet and it's like air conditioning.
Snagged Line and TeaSea like this.
Yakavelli is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2014, 11:10 AM   #6
Blue Marlin

Default I don't wear shorts.

I burn too bad to wear shorts. I don't think I have worn shorts since I was a kid. Sure would be nice to have some comfortable, quick drying pants.

I wear long pants and a long sleeve shirt when diving. When I get back in the boat, i want something that dries fast. Jeans or kakhi's don't dry fast enough.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:14 AM   #7
Brandon H
Mingo

im wearing zip off leg columbias right now at work. i wear them instead of jeans on fridays in the summer to work, jeans are too damn hot. i also have a oversized pair on magellans i wear over my shorts on the cool morning boat rides out to the fishing grounds
2002 38 Rampage SOLD!!!!
Waste-N-Away is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2014, 11:18 AM   #8
Mingo

Man I agree. I have a couple of pairs of zip leg pants and I never wear them. I have a very old pair of columbia pants with no zip legs and regular front pockets and one rear pocket. I wear them when I need a little extra sun protection. They also dry almost instantly which is important to me because I kayak fish and I have to get the lower legs wet to get in.

My perfect long pants would be light, quick drying, regular pockets with one zipped pocket, no cargo pockets, no flaps, no velcro, built in web belt, built in support, zipper fly.

Another product I would like to see is a "fishing" wallet. Again, I fish from a kayak so all I carry are drivers lic, insurance card, one credit card, park pass, fishing lic in a small airlock bag, some cash. I carry this in my PFD pocket so I don't real worry about the contents getting wet and If it does the only thing that is a problem are the fishing licenses. But I would like a small zipper bag that would float if dropped in the water.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:19 AM   #9
White Marlin

I had the same complaint w/ the 1 and only zip off pants I've owned...switched back to shorts.

I should wear pants, just to cut down on the chance of sun cancer, etc....that would be my biggest reason for changing.

I wear Columbia shorts in a dry quick material.
barefoot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2014, 11:40 AM   #10
Sailfish

I guess I'll voice the minority opinion. I do wear zip off leg pants and I do zip them off and on to avoid sunburn but to also have 'shorts' when sun isn't an issue. I like the Magellans but also have some Columbia. I think the quick dry fabric is the most comfortable thing you can wear and doesn't make you feel like you are wearing a wet towel after sweating and getting wet in a kayak or when wading. I have given up on cotton shorts altogether.
TeaSea is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in