Tideline 235 - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > General Discussion

Like Tree7Likes

Old 08-13-2015, 12:48 PM   #1
Cigar Minnow

Default Tideline 235

Anybody have any experience with the relatively new Tideline 235 hybrid boat? Any insight appreciated.
Tassing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2015, 03:23 PM   #2
White Marlin

Just checked out their website.
I like the looks of them better than the Twin Vees
that 190 bay boat is really nice.
I think cat boats are the s...t
better ride, means a whole lot when you get to be my age
Thats why all my posts are written in large letters, easy to read for us old guys.
Boardfeet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2015, 04:04 PM   #3
Trigger

sea trialing the 235 with 150s next week..... ill let ya know
Corpsman likes this.
SUNDAY-FUNDAY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2015, 04:37 PM   #4
ROLL TIDE ROLL
Grand Slam

There is some good info on THT if you haven't seen that yet.
Splittine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2015, 04:40 PM   #5
Cigar Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNDAY-FUNDAY View Post
sea trialing the 235 with 150s next week..... ill let ya know
That would be awesome!
Tassing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2015, 01:09 PM   #6
Cigar Minnow

Hey everyone, I have not been to this forum in a really long time, but one of the guys we had on the boat last weekend mentioned I should check it out.

Hopefully Sunday-Funday was one of the guys that made it Friday afternoon for the test drives. I think we had about 4 different guys able to make it and they may chime in with their opinions.

If you have any questions you would like to ask me, please feel free to send me an email at [email protected]. I may miss anything posted here, as I am not on here regularly.

You guys have a really nice area down there. We put in at Bayou Texar and ran out under the big bridge and also ran the trolling motor up in some channels. I am sure it blows up pretty nasty down there, a lot like our big sounds.

Thanks again for the interest in our boat and hopefully you will start seeing a few down that way soon.
Tideline Boats is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2015, 09:13 PM   #7
Trigger

well if says anything im putting together my order form right now. feel free to pm your number and ill answer any questions you may have. the phone numbers on the site are the guys actual cells- they will take care of ya.

just some quick numbers:

5 people on board, 90% fuel with the 150s a light chop in the sound.....

35 mph at 2.6
41 mph at 2.3
wot is 50-52 still bumping close to 2

def not tournament loads, but still impressive. im ordering extra fuel and insulating the huge front storage compartments for the few times a year we want to tuna fish on her. also going with the 175 zukes

truly a boat you can do it all on.... and those twins seem real nice when you have a nice day and want to venture on out. a prop change, as opposed to sea tow..... i chose this over the other custom 24-26 bay/hybrid boats.
Old 08-27-2015, 09:18 PM   #8
Snapper

Sunday why did you pick this one over the calcutta? did you guys get it out in the gulf? Really like the looks of this boat and the calcutta for when I eventually get to upgrade
wallace1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2015, 09:39 PM   #9
Trigger

i liked the look of this boat much more that the calcutta. never thought id end up in a cat.... but after fishing on freemans frequently over the past few years; and seeing the tideline online the stars kinda lined up and i got to sea trial it last week. it allows me to do everything i want. ill be honest, i dont know anything past whats on the website, and online reviews about the calcuttas. im sure they are great boats.... but after running the tideline for 45 mins or so and doing it with the owners of the company thats how i went.

as far as ride- there were tons of boats heading out that am.... that along with some doughnuts gave me all i needed. plus running from every angle possible. zero spray. zero sneeze. didnt spill my coffee as opposed to a bone shattering crush on a monohull 24 bay. i dont plan on running 50 out unless its slick anyway.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:48 PM   #10
Grouper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tideline Boats View Post
Hey everyone, I have not been to this forum in a really long time, but one of the guys we had on the boat last weekend mentioned I should check it out.

Hopefully Sunday-Funday was one of the guys that made it Friday afternoon for the test drives. I think we had about 4 different guys able to make it and they may chime in with their opinions.

If you have any questions you would like to ask me, please feel free to send me an email at [email protected]. I may miss anything posted here, as I am not on here regularly.

You guys have a really nice area down there. We put in at Bayou Texar and ran out under the big bridge and also ran the trolling motor up in some channels. I am sure it blows up pretty nasty down there, a lot like our big sounds.

Thanks again for the interest in our boat and hopefully you will start seeing a few down that way soon.

I believe I ran into you at the gas station on Cervantes, In P'cola last week. you were filling up a boat that you where going to deliver later that day! I have only seen your boats in magazines, untill that day. And I must say it looked even better in person!
Ragon210 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in