Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

tangling liter

6K views 46 replies 20 participants last post by  megnlou 
#1 ·
i'm using a swivel and 60lb liter with cigar minnow with the tail cut off and it is tangling up with the weight. any help is appreciated!

#11 ·
Hey, I know that I am not educated and my spelling isn't what it should be. It wasn't the spelling but the understanding of the word.I clicked in the post because I thought it was another liter clean up. I didn't make the jump from liter to leader till after I clicked on the post. I'm sorry for not thinking other people may make that jump in their minds. I have heard people say what sounds verbally "liter" and later figured out that they were talking about a leader. i do have some hearing problems and don't always hear things correctly. Also,ya know, everyone don't talk the way people raised around here do and there are a large amount of people like that around here. I thought I was helping someone that wasn't exactly sure about what something was actually called and what they may have heard some foreigner call it. Reading back I can see where I may have sounded like a smart a$$ but I wasn't meaning to.

#12 ·
Today's word of the day boys and girls is HYPOCRITE

if you cant spell all the great then dont correct others on their spelling! its funny you jump from spelling to not hearing all that well...didnt know you needed to hear well to read! people handed your ass to you and it looks like you went into damage control with excuses.

#17 ·
megnlou,

How many ounces did your lead weigh, and were you using a spinning or a conventional reel?

Additionally, adding to what other members have mentioned to what could of been the potential problem; using a lead weight that's heavy enough to drop faster than your bait, it has a greater chance of allowing your leader to wrap around your main line. This is another thing to consider as a possibility.

Another thing I've noticed with my leaders sometimes is once it develops a memory from wrapping itself around your main line, it will continue to do so with each drop thereafter.

Lastly, as others mentioned you can try to slow down your line on your drop; or reduce the amount of weight. A drawback of reducing your amount of weight is if there is too much current your weight will drag on the bottom if your trying to bottom fish.

#23 ·
hey fisheye. I never try correcting anybodys spelling. I'm not even sure that leader is the correct spelling for the word that is reffering to a piece of line at the end of ones fishing line. I mentioned my hearing because it causes me to mis understand a lot of things that I have to figure out what is being said. I see you ragging on people a lot. I wonder what your need is that you have to just rag on someone to make yourself feel like a big deal.
you never try to correct peoples spelling but you did in you first post on this subject? kinda hypocritical dont you think? I dont "rag" on people i just call things how they are not sugar coat them like a lot of people sorry if the truth hurts your feelings or offends you

#27 ·
I realize I said the spelling was incorrect but I was referring to the word. My friend has a foreign friend that sounds like that girl in the Pepsi comercial and I have heard him refer to it as sounding like the word liter (the volume measurement)and tried to explain that. If your too stupid to actually read and try to understand anything besides your over inflated ego and your need to keep bolstering that, well nothing said by a lowly human that makes mistakes will alter your level of self imposed ignorance.
im sorry i couldnt hear anything through your hypotcritical bullshit

#39 · (Edited)
1st POST
megnlou: i'm using a swivel and 60lb liter with cigar minnow with the tail cut off and it is tangling up with the weight. any help is appreciated!

2nd POST
DTFuqua: One thing is your spelling. I have no answer but if you spelled it leader instead of liter like a liter barrel (trash = liter) the correct person to answer may know what ypur asking and read the post.

DTFuqua,

Why won't you just man up, and admit you were being an ass?

Because clearly you knew what Megnlou was talking about (read above); so there is no way you can say this person was talking about trash/litter when he mentioned using a 60lbs swivel, a cigar minnow, and even mentioned was getting tangled around the weight. All your doing is making yourself look way more ignorant, as well as, arrogant than you need to be.

By the way, i'm just trying to be as frank as I can; so you can take the advice or not. However it may be is up to you.

#43 ·
1st POST
megnlou: i'm using a swivel and 60lb liter with cigar minnow with the tail cut off and it is tangling up with the weight. any help is appreciated!

2nd POST
DTFuqua: One thing is your spelling. I have no answer but if you spelled it leader instead of liter like a liter barrel (trash = liter) the correct person to answer may know what ypur asking and read the post.

DTFuqua,

Why won't you just man up, and admit you were being an ass?

Because clearly you knew what Megnlou was talking about (read above); so there is no way you can say this person was talking about trash/litter when he mentioned using a 60lbs swivel, a cigar minnow, and even mentioned was getting tangled around the weight. All your doing is making yourself look way more ignorant, as well as, arrogant than you need to be.

By the way, i'm just trying to be as frank as I can; so you can take the advice or not. However it may be is up to you.

Guys give it a rest, we are all fishermen here, not necessarily carrying PHD's. So don't get silly in your responses and try and help instead of trying to make people look stupid so you can make yourself look better.

#40 ·
When your bait hits the bottom set the sinker, which means give your pole about three solid yanks and the sinker will settle down to the swivel and your leader will not get twisted up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.