T-Top Speaker Recommendations - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > General Discussion

Old 02-25-2010, 11:21 AM   #1
White Marlin

Default T-Top Speaker Recommendations

I have cheap speakers I put on my T-Top when I first bought my boat and the grill on them rusted immediately and they sounded good at first but <SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Verdana','sans-serif'; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">deteriorated over time (2 years).

I'm looking for good outdoor speakers that will hold up in the salt water environment and not break the bank. I'm not looking for the powerful bass pumping speakers typically seen on wakeboard boats, just something that sounds nice when your standing in the water at the back of the boat.I'm looking for somebody whose had a good experience with certain brands. I'mopen to any suggestions so throw them out there! Any recommendation for marine amplifiers would be good too. I plan to upgrade the whole system slowly asI canafford it.
69Viking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2010, 12:00 PM   #2
Blue Marlin

Default RE: T-Top Speaker Recommendations

I have some Jbl marine speakers that are pretty good. I think i got them off ebay.
Pinksnappertrapper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2010, 01:53 PM   #3
Sailfish

JBL has decent marine components but if you really want a quality set of speakers, look into Kicker's line of marine audio at kicker.com

They had GREAT sound and durability but won't cost an arm and a leg. The have great marine amps too if you're needing one too.
User6882 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2010, 01:59 PM   #4
Sailfish

I really like these; did a lot of research before I purchased these Audioformz housings. withthese and you won't need an amp.and they sound just as good below and in front of them as they do behind. Just these two speakers put out plenty of sound for our boat.Sound greatand are durable. Can be loaded with various speakers, from Polk audio, Jensen, Alpine and others. I have Polk Audio speakers in these.
cuzmondo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2010, 02:03 PM   #5
Grand Slam

I don't have a suggestion for the speakers, I have JBL's. What I did on the last ones was to silicone the screw holes and then used spray glue to cover the front(inside the grill) with plastic wrap. Seems to keep the weather and salt spray out without affecting the sound.

Skip
lastcast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2010, 02:39 PM   #6
Sailfish

Quote:
cuzmondo (2/25/2010)I really like these; did a lot of research before I purchased these Audioformz housings. withthese and you won't need an amp.and they sound just as good below and in front of them as they do behind. Just these two speakers put out plenty of sound for our boat.Sound greatand are durable. Can be loaded with various speakers, from Polk audio, Jensen, Alpine and others. I have Polk Audio speakers in these.
Those are great!
FelixH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2010, 02:59 PM   #7
White Marlin

Quote:
cuzmondo (2/25/2010)I really like these; did a lot of research before I purchased these Audioformz housings. withthese and you won't need an amp.and they sound just as good below and in front of them as they do behind. Just these two speakers put out plenty of sound for our boat.Sound greatand are durable. Can be loaded with various speakers, from Polk audio, Jensen, Alpine and others. I have Polk Audio speakers in these.
This could do the trick. I actually have a brand new pair of nice 6 1/2" JBL speakers that Igot a good deal on when Boater'sWorld closed and they sound really nice.Is that what size speakers these hold and where did you buy the housings from? I'll beGoogling it after I post this butstill tell me your source when you can!
Old 02-25-2010, 05:15 PM   #8
Sailfish

Thanks Felix, you know I like the jams when out on the water.

69Viking,

Hopefully this link will work. Mine are made for the 6.5" speakers, so your JBL's should work. They do have different options though. If the link doesn't work, just google Audioformz. They were designed for the wakeboarder guy's but I assure you I've put mine to the test on some rough and choppy conditions. They hold up better than me.

http://www.audioformz.com/
cuzmondo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2010, 09:02 AM   #9
White Marlin

Ok, one bump to see if there are anymore suggestions out there to consider. What I've learned so far is theAudioformz are nice but damn they are proud of their speaker boxes with no speaker in them not to mention you have to buy the mounts separately. I would have to say right now the kickers aremy front runners,not the prettiest but the Kicker KMT6 TowerSystem consists of apair of two 6 1/2" speaker units with mounts included for less than $250, yes that includes the speakers! You would pay more for the Audoformz just for thespeaker box and mounts andstill have to add your own speakers on top of that. I wish therewas somewherearound here I could go listen to theKickers.

Guys I'm on a tight budget so I know getting goodspeakersfor the money I can invest on it is going to be tough but anymoresuggestionswould be greatly appreciated! I've learned alot through the forum andGoogle since I originally posted this topic, if all goes well I'llhave some better sounding music this summer!
Old 03-03-2010, 03:49 PM   #10
Snapper

Look at Pyle marine - they make a wakeboard style speaker that you can google and find fairly cheaply
Island24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in