Sharing Numbers..... - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > General Discussion

Old 07-14-2013, 01:46 PM   #1
Kim
Blue Marlin

Default Sharing Numbers.....

This is an irksome topic. I share numbers with my friends and sometime with people I have just typed into here. Granted that The people I type into I don't give my super secret spots to but I will give them a bunch of public and not so public numbers around what they are fishing to help them even out the odds a bit.

That's voluntary and I don't mind at all. Yesterday I shared some numbers with some people offshore. They got some good numbers for big Mingo and Grouper. Of course I didn't offer to share and they didn't ask. That boat circled us like a shark for about 10 minutes or so Marking the spots in the area. Yep it's public water way, it the easy way to find fish but it is about the rudest thing you can do on the water.

No one can stop other people from marking your spots but if they would at least ask first I think it would go a ways in taking the sting out of losing "one of my good spots" kind of thing.
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2013, 02:49 PM   #2
Mingo

not being mean but i think everything is out there is fair game how did you find are get the spot
bdharris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2013, 03:35 PM   #3
Kim
Blue Marlin

I found that spot trolling cigs for Kings February 28 1992 at 1436 according to my chart. That's the first time I have ever seen anyone there, I guess I'll just start paying more attention to the radar and the use old eyeball look around. So I have to say that I've had a good run on that spot. My previous experience is that the spot will become basically a public number in a short period of time. If I see those yahoo's there in the future I'll just post the numbers here and kill the spot with over fishing.

Last edited by Kim; 07-14-2013 at 03:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2013, 03:39 PM   #4
Blue Marlin

Where was the part where you "shared" something in your story about the boat circling? Didn't. Sound like sharing to me
markw4321 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2013, 03:45 PM   #5
Kim
Blue Marlin

It was involuntary sharing!
Old 07-14-2013, 03:49 PM   #6
Grouper

If it was that good you would have never "let" anyone get that close.
Fairwaterfishing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2013, 09:13 PM   #7
VIP of the PFF
Grand Slam

You shouldn*t have to pick up and run ! People should not be such A holes as to run up on other fishermen to steal their numbers ! That they found the hard way. They should earn them the way descent people do by finding them yourself ! Maybe they are democrats and feel that they are entitled to the fruits of other people s labor
THE POMPANO KING is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2013, 09:50 PM   #8
CCC
Grand Slam

Bout time for Capt Pinney to come say the last word and then shut the thread down. I am going to get popcorn.
CCC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2013, 10:25 PM   #9
Snapper

Hell if you got any within 3 miles of shore that aren't so public that you'd like to share I'll be more than happy to try them. those are the only numbers I can make it to in my kayak. But I do know what you're saying cause when I kayak out 3 miles to some spots that are around public numbers and I have a boat pull up next to me it drives me crazy. I guess they don't realize how hard I had to work to get out there and then they just run up on me. But then again they may already know about the numbers it's all a game.
COALTRAIN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2013, 09:50 AM   #10
Trigger

Pretty simple actually. Never give the location of your good spots to anyone. Never anchor on them and if you see someone headed your way, move,

I nurtured a favorite natural reef for years. One day FWC pulled up on me and I didn't run away. They inspected my good catch. That was the end of it----next visit it had a boat on it and after 3 years, has never recovered.
snake 166 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in