Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Serious boat problem.

3K views 17 replies 16 participants last post by  delta dooler 
#1 ·
I have 4 photos but no other information re: my friend's son's boat. My first impression is that a longitudinal stringer has broken loose. Rot or manufacturer defect. Any expert willing to speculate. I don't see it as mechanical damage. I have no clue as to how old the boat is nor who built it. My first recommendation was to send photos to the manufacturer. Maybe have his attorney send the photos?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Just my opinion, Bobby, X shark what is yours. I say you are gonna have to go inside and remove everything and fix it from inside Then outside. Second choice on a dark night make a reef out of it. After removing any foam interior.

#8 ·
That definitely looks like human caused damage, not so much as manufacturer defect. Looking at the top of the damage, that little "tail" cut is where something made the contact and tore rearward.
It could have been during rough water loading or the trailer was too shallow when loading? Hit something while out running, boat fell off trailer and heavy equipment caused damage pushing it back onto the trailer?
Hard to know without more details surrounding when, where and how the damage was discovered.

#12 ·
First picture of the black strake looks like it was crushed, maybe by rolling or striking something hard. The other pictures makes me think it was hit or dropped. Is the black strake damage on same side as the fiberglass hull damage? If he has insurance, he needs to contact them. A surveyor needs to inspect it, not a marina manager.

#14 · (Edited)
Looks like typical de lamination to me. Looks like the gelcoat and first layer of chop gun glass that de laminated from the hand laid glass. The black makes me think mold as it has been separated for years and finally gave way, like the water between the layers over time hydraulically separated more and more with every wave. My guess.

Attachments

#17 ·
Calls for 3 cans of Flex Seal and a "WoooHoooo"!

Back to factory condition.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.