Selling the boat - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > General Discussion
Register Fishing Photos FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Advertise

Old 06-24-2010, 02:20 AM   #1
Grouper

Default Selling the boat

Used Anglers Edge to list boat last January. Kept dropping the price from 17,500 to 15,000 to 13,000 and finally 11,000. NADA 12,000 to 14,000 without the triple axle trailer which was included in my price. Anglers Edge did a good job, but in the end Craigslist got it sold. For cheaper boats such as mine, 1992 Hydra-Sports with old 200HP Johnsons I think Craigslist is probably your best chance, although I did get calls on the boat from Anglers Edge but not sufficient interest for them to travel any distance once they realized it was some distance form them. I guess they don't know how to look up Milton, Florida.
fighterpilot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2010, 02:30 AM   #2
Grand Slam

Default RE: Selling the boat

x2 on Craigslist. I've sold a couple boats and some other things there. A lot of people browse it. A word of caution though, Be ready to meet some fruitcakes. I've gotten calls from some strange people using Craigslist. On a boat I sold there, One guy actually told me what hewas gonna pay for the boat and also informed me that IWAS gonna take it. Like I said, Some strange people.
JoeyWelch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2010, 04:15 AM   #3
Sailfish

Listed my on Craiglist 2 days ago and your right. Their are some fruit loops responding. Check these 2 out that I got.

First email wanted to know if I still had boat for sale replied yes. Then sent a email back to Bruce to call me at the number listed on ad. Guess What? No Phone call. If you notice they want my address , phone number, name. Guys don't give this information out to no one. If you are selling your boat they will call the number you have listed or they will email you with a number to contact them if it is legit. Until you can tell if this person is legit or not don't let them know the location of your boat unless it's a secure place and don't meet them at your home. Do a open spot area or have someone watching your back. Do NOT let your boat go to anyone until the funds have cleared your bank. They will give you a bogus check, money order , or certified check. Both of you go to the bank to deposit. Give that person a bill of sell stating that when funds have cleared bank then possession of boat and title will be handed over. Good Luck to all selling boats. Be Safe. Another thing always use a cell number or a unlisted number when you post your add. You don't want someone to be able to see where you live.

This is the first email.

Thanks for the prompt response and i will love to make an instant
purchase. My Company will be mailing (overnight) a certified check
to cover the cost ,while you hold on my behalf. Once you have payment
my mover will come pickup at your place.I will be
needing the following information to issue out the payment . .

1.Name to be on the check
2.Home address ,Zip Code,City,State
3.Telephone

Please note that the payment will be overnight by the my company
to your address and its bound to be delivered within 2 to 3
days. I have taken a close look at the advert and am completely
satisfied i really need this and would appreciates that you help save this for
me till the payment arrives.Furthermore do remove the posting from
CRAIGSLIST.COM as am definitely buying it from you

2nd Email

<table border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><tbody><tr><td vAlign=top>Dear seller,
Compliments and a top of the day to you over there,My name is Christopher Walker, I came across your advert(Boat)and am highly interested in Purchasing It which you offer for sale at Craigslist.com.I Due to the fact that its been a long time have been searching for it, Please Kindly get back to me as soon as possible with the necessary answers to the question in mind,Are you the first owner?The present condition?Your final asking price?And i will like you to know that my form of payment is through a Check I await your urgent response so that we can proceed further.
RegardsChristopher Walker</td></tr></tbody></table>

The LaJess II is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2010, 07:00 AM   #4
Trigger

These are not Fruit Loops...they are Nigerian Scammers!

<span style="font-weight: bold;">
Classified Ad Scams

<span style="font-weight: bold;">"What are some of the clues that this is a scam?
  1. First, you will notice the syntax and grammar. Often, it is not obviously bad, it's just plain strange. It looks like it was written by someone who is not a native English-speaker, and writes very rarely in English. This is very typical of scammers, who largely are in Nigeria and have little formal education and probably none in English."
http://www.consumerfraudreporting.or...List_scams.php
Patoz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2010, 11:17 AM   #5
Grand Slam

soooo many scammers! sometimes i see how far i can get with them, after all, if your wasting their time they cant scam as many folks... just sayin, have fun with it
sure,icanfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in