Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Recommendation on solar batter chargers

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Boardfeet 
#1 ·
What are your recommendations for solar battery chargers to keep your boat batteries charged?

Thanks!

#2 ·
I use a Noco solar charger to keep a trolling battery hot on my pond boat, the "Flat Bottom Girl". It works well. Model is the NOCO Battery Life BLSOLAR2 2.5 Watt Solar Battery Charger and Maintainer, got it from Amazon.

I got curious and checked the output in full sun and on a cloudy day. Was getting about 2.2 watts in full sun, and about 1.5 on a very cloudy day. Basically, as long as the sun is casting a shadow you will get some juice.

#3 ·
I use a Noco solar charger to keep a trolling battery hot on my pond boat, the "Flat Bottom Girl". It works well. Model is the NOCO Battery Life BLSOLAR2 2.5 Watt Solar Battery Charger and Maintainer, got it from Amazon.

I got curious and checked the output in full sun and on a cloudy day. Was getting about 2.2 watts in full sun, and about 1.5 on a very cloudy day. Basically, as long as the sun is casting a shadow you will get some juice.
Thanks! I appreciate your input.

#5 ·
Got a 18 inch sq solar pannel on my 20 ft wellcraft. Keeps my 2 batteries charged. And works fine with 150 outboard charging system. Got the pannel off a drifting buoy that drifted close to pensacola beach. Called the phone number on buoy and was told it has been written off after storm, do what you want with it. It had 4 pannels I took 2. Regret now not getting all of them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.