RayMarine C-series waypoint transfer - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > General Discussion

Old 06-10-2019, 10:38 PM   #1
Ruby Red Lip

Default RayMarine C-series waypoint transfer

I can’t get .GPX files (or anything else) to transfer to my c-series, c80 raymarine mdf. I purchased the unit with my boat. Boat didn’t come with a CF card. I ordered a CF card and tried to transfer waypoints from PC to Display. No luck. Any information and/or advise would be greatly appreciated.
canygaar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2019, 11:14 PM   #2
Gig'em
Trigger

Good luck. I have an A70D and I have successfully transferred some spots a couple of times but unfortunately it's been a spray and pray method. I couldn't repeat it if my life depended on it. Raymarine isn't very user friendly.
FL Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2019, 11:19 PM   #3
Gig'em
Trigger

Maybe this will help....

Restoring Waypoints, Routes, and Tracks

You can restore your data to a C or E-Series display using this procedure:

1. Insert a card into the card slot.
2. Press the DATA button.
3. Press the ARCHIVE AND TRANSFER.
4. Press the RETRIEVE FROM CARD.
5. From SELECT LIST, choose WPT (Waypoint), RTE (Route), or TRK (Track).
6. The card contents for your selection appear on the screen. Use the track pad (up/down) to select what you want to retrieve.
7. Press RETRIEVE ALL or RETRIEVE GROUP/ROUTE/TRACK as appropriate. A message box appears to show that the information is being written to the display.
8. When the transfer is complete a message will appear on the screen. Note: Pressing the RETRIEVE ALL soft key, will retrieve all of a Database list to the display.

Old 06-10-2019, 11:21 PM   #4
Gig'em
Trigger

or....
Raymarine's A-Series Chartplotters (A50, A57, A70), A-Series Chartplotter/Fishfinders (A50D, A57D, A70D), C-Series Classic MFDs (C70, C80, C12), E-Series Classic MFDs (E80, E120), C-Series Widescreen MFDs (C90W, C120W, C140W), E-Series Widescreen MFDs (E90W, E120W, E140W), new c-Series MFDs (c95, c97, c125, c127), and new e-Series MFDs (e7, e7D, e95, e97, e125, e127) are all designed to support Raymarine's archive.fsh file format. Should you have a .rwf file(s), they may be imported into RayTech Planner 6.1/6.2 software (RayTech Planner is the name given to RayTech RNS 6.1/6.2 when used without a license key). After installing the RayTech software, this is accomplished by simply performing a double left mouse click on the .rwf file. After the data has been imported into the RayTech software, it may then be exported to a file in C/E-Series Format (i.e. archive.fsh). The exported archive.fsh file may then be copied to a compatible CF memory card and then imported into the MFD's memory.

Another question: Does the .fsh file have to be named "archive", or will the MFD accept other file names??

While RayTech 6.1/6.2 software is capable of importing data from a .fsh file having any file name, Raymarine MFDs will only accept .fsh files which have been named "archive.fsh". It is for this reason that RayTech 6.1/6.2 software will always generate a file named archive.fsh when the operator chooses to export to a file/memory card in C/E-Series format.
Please note that you cannot simply rename your .rwf files to "archive.fsh", as the data formats of a .rwf file and a .fsh file differ.
Old 06-11-2019, 07:39 AM   #5
Ruby Red Lip

Thanks very much for the constructive feedback!

The unit came with the RayTech 6.1/6.2 software version 6.0 disk. I installed the software into my computer. I then converted the .GPX files into .RWF. Prior to doing that, the RayTech software wound even read the waypoints. Once I converted the files, all he waypoints successfully imported into the program. I thought I figured it out! No such luck. When I went to export the waypoints into my CF card, yes, it exports them into archive.fsh file. Everything seems to export and I get a message on my PC “export successful.” I then confirmed the files where written onto my CF card. Yes. Information was in-fact transferred.

When I plug the CF card into the mfd (via the steps in your previous message), the mfd doesn’t find any waypoints on the CF card....

Any thoughts on where to go from here?
Old 06-11-2019, 11:41 AM   #6
White Marlin

Does your MFD currently have any waypoints? To get mine to work (G-Series) I had to export the few waypoints that the previous owner had left on the MFD onto the CF card. Then using my PC I took my waypoints that I had converted to .rwf format and saved them to the "archive" file that the MFD had created. (Important: there can be only one archive file on the CF card). The MFD was then able to import all of the waypoints when I re-inserted the CF card.
Old 06-11-2019, 12:10 PM   #7
Ruby Red Lip

Does you card contain any more files? Sounds like to is getting confused. I had a c 80 and the only way to import data was to have only that archeive fsh file as the only file on the cf card. Also make sure your file is not buried in some directory. C80 do not have the ability to open files that are contained in a directory.

Last edited by prokat2200; 06-11-2019 at 12:13 PM.
prokat2200 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2019, 01:08 PM   #8
Snapper

Back when I had a c-80 classic: had to use the waypoint planner (like an excel spreadsheet)and then export to .FSH or .USR (I think FSH)
Had to keep things simple coords short description
you can try gpsutils (gps conversion)for free for 100 numbers as a test of sorts
https://www.scubaboard.com/community/
redlegs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2019, 11:08 PM   #9
Ruby Red Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play'N Hooky Too View Post
Does your MFD currently have any waypoints? To get mine to work (G-Series) I had to export the few waypoints that the previous owner had left on the MFD onto the CF card. Then using my PC I took my waypoints that I had converted to .rwf format and saved them to the "archive" file that the MFD had created. (Important: there can be only one archive file on the CF card). The MFD was then able to import all of the waypoints when I re-inserted the CF card.
My MFD does have a few waypoints. 10 max. I’m unable to save them to the CF card. I was doing some reading. Does the size of CF card matter? I’m currently trying to a 16 GB. Would a 2 GB CF card work better?
Old 06-11-2019, 11:13 PM   #10
Ruby Red Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by prokat2200 View Post
Does you card contain any more files? Sounds like to is getting confused. I had a c 80 and the only way to import data was to have only that archeive fsh file as the only file on the cf card. Also make sure your file is not buried in some directory. C80 do not have the ability to open files that are contained in a directory.
yes. The only files are the archeive fsh files...what size card did you use? I’m currently trying to using a 16 GB card. Would a lower size (2 GB) work better?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in