Question for the Gopro guys - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > General Discussion

Old 05-26-2012, 07:13 PM   #1
White Marlin

Send a message via Yahoo to TURTLE
Default Question for the Gopro guys

I finally joined the Gopro Nation and have a question. How long of video time should I get on a 32GB SD card? On the medium resolution? And whats the best setting for the resolution? I made some test videos swiming with the sharks while Paddle boarding today and they look great but I don't really know what it was set at, factorysettings obviously but ya know ?

And the last thing for now, what applications do you use your Gopro for ?
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2012, 07:21 PM   #2
Trigger

Hey there,
Ok, best setting to me is the 1080p. The angle won' be insanely wide and the quality good. If you want to do underwater video, be sure to buy a flat lense. About the recording time: best thing would probably be to try it out. That will give you the best answer. I think i can get close to an hour with my 8GB, but that's a real rough estimate.
Great cameras, absolutely love mine! I use mine under water or whenever i do skmething fun outside.
Have fun.
Paolo
Paolo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2012, 07:28 PM   #3
Grand Slam

I had mine in the pool for 25 minutes (a little boring to watch) and I think the file was 2.64 gigs, I also heva the 32 Gif card.

Mine was all underwater with a flat lens set to 960/30 I think there is plenty of room, I could not tell the diff between 960 and 1080....
Realtor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2012, 07:33 PM   #4
Sailfish

You will run out of battery life long before you hit the capacity on a 32gb memory card.
Old 05-27-2012, 04:56 PM   #5
White Marlin

Send a message via Yahoo to TURTLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolo View Post
Hey there,
Ok, best setting to me is the 1080p. The angle won' be insanely wide and the quality good. If you want to do underwater video, be sure to buy a flat lense. About the recording time: best thing would probably be to try it out. That will give you the best answer. I think i can get close to an hour with my 8GB, but that's a real rough estimate.
Great cameras, absolutely love mine! I use mine under water or whenever i do skmething fun outside.
Have fun.
Paolo

Talk to me about the flat lense . Whats the deal ? Are they better underwater? The test videos I did looked pretty good to me with the lense that came on it but I will try anything to improve if possible.

Thanks for all the info guys.
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2012, 05:04 PM   #6
Grand Slam

I got the battery pac pak when I got mine, so there are 2 batteries. I got my flat lens from the same place millertime got his http://www.makospearguns.com/product-p/mgphl.htm

yes the flat is better underwater, the curved lens made the video super blurry, the flat is much, much clearer. I know you asked paolo this but I just happened to be here on the forum.....
Realtor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2012, 08:17 PM   #7
Blue Marlin

I have mine set on 960, it will record a 3.66 gig video then turn off and back on and start recording again. i fill up a 16 gig card every time im on the ski or bike. and still have battery left,

Ms Penny Outdoors Team

Yamaha Master Tech
Mercury Certified Tech

Barber Marina
251-987-1060

[email protected]
Sequoiha is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2012, 11:00 AM   #8
Trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realtor View Post
I got the battery pac pak when I got mine, so there are 2 batteries. I got my flat lens from the same place millertime got his http://www.makospearguns.com/product-p/mgphl.htm

yes the flat is better underwater, the curved lens made the video super blurry, the flat is much, much clearer. I know you asked paolo this but I just happened to be here on the forum.....
Who cares who answers, as long as it's a good answer, which it was.
The water brakes the light, and it is broken again by the curved lens. That confuses the camera and so it can't focus correctly. That's why everything is kinda blurry with the regular lense. You can buy the flat lense cases on the mako homepage, on the eye of mine homepage or now directly from gopro. They all cost about the same i believe. I wouldn't even bother making underwater videos without the flat lense. I took some short videos in the sea in Italy which was chrystal clear and it turned out to be unwatcheable. Everything was out of focus.
Have fun with them and show us some nice videos! Let me know if i can help you with anything else.
Paolo
Paolo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in