Pool Liner - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > General Discussion
Register Fishing Photos FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Advertise

Old 06-24-2010, 08:51 PM   #1
Mingo

Default Pool Liner

Don't know if this is the wrong place to post this or not. If wrong a mod can slap me

I need someone that is/ has been a pool liner installer. I have an 18 x 36 pool preped an ready to install the liner. I also have the manpower to do the job but would really like to have a person with knowledge to direct the operation. If anyone knows where I can find such a personit would be appreciated. Besides the beer I will have some $$ to go along with this.

Thanks
Roger
850-266-4082
flrockytop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2010, 09:02 PM   #2
Blue Marlin

Default RE: Pool Liner

I need mine replaced. Mine is an 18 X 36 also. Maybe we can get a group discount!! I'll help you with yours if you help me with mine!
LITECATCH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2010, 12:20 AM   #3
Grand Slam

I have watched mine get replaced twice.

A good vaccum cleaner is needed to suck the air from the sides while you fill it with water.

I have used Jerry Lee.

BananaTom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2010, 12:49 AM   #4
Mingo

Thanks for the PM's. I did find someone who met us at 11:50 this morning. We were done with the liner at 1325. All went great.Water going in right now. If anyone needs this can of service PM or email me I know the man to contact.

Roger
Old 06-26-2010, 06:46 AM   #5
Blue Marlin

Dang what happened!!?? I thought this was going on in the morning.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:55 AM   #6
White Marlin

Quote:
flrockytop (25/06/2010)Thanks for the PM's. I did find someone who met us at 11:50 this morning. We were done with the liner at 1325. All went great.Water going in right now. If anyone needs this can of service PM or email me I know the man to contact.

Roger

What was the cost? You must've had your pool drained and ready to receive the liner...

More info pls...I've been receiving catalogs for DYI and cost for liner is about $800.00....but with well points to consider, I would never attempt. Patched holes and hope to put off till later hopefully but considering all options...

If by p.m.'s only, I understand

Jimmy
jjam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2010, 03:50 PM   #7
Blue Marlin

Quote:
jjam (26/06/2010)
Quote:
flrockytop (25/06/2010)Thanks for the PM's. I did find someone who met us at 11:50 this morning. We were done with the liner at 1325. All went great.Water going in right now. If anyone needs this can of service PM or email me I know the man to contact.

Roger

What was the cost? You must've had your pool drained and ready to receive the liner...

More info pls...I've been receiving catalogs for DYI and cost for liner is about $800.00....but with well points to consider, I would never attempt. Patched holes and hope to put off till later hopefully but considering all options...

Jimmy
What kind of liner are you getting for $800? Is this local or do you have to pay shipping?

I use Kera liners and a liner this size ranges from $1100 to $1500.

NEVER drain your pool, You should ALWAYS keep the pool half full.
Pinksnappertrapper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2010, 03:57 PM   #8
Blue Marlin

How do you change the liner with the pool half full?
Old 06-26-2010, 04:20 PM   #9
Mingo

Quote:
jjam (26/06/2010)
Quote:

Roger

Jimmy
Yes,

We had the pool ready for the liner. We drained and removed the old liner and patched the any bad spots. We also retaped all the seems. When the guy came he just pointed out a few places that needed touched up. He then put on all the new gaskets on the drain and steps, etc. We then swept the floor one more time to get up anything on the floor. Then we set the liner in the pool and put it in. It was a cake walk.

We bought the piner from the local pool place that did the original install. Paid about $150 more than what we could have gotten it for on line but figured that it was worth it to know that the measurments were right.

After we had the liner, we had second thoughts about doing it ourself. We checked every place in town andno one would just dojust the liner insall. On Thur about 3PM I got a call from this guy that use to do it for one of the pool companies and he said he could do it Fri at noon. When he showed up and whenI saw him I was not sureI had picked the right person. He looked to be everybit of sixteen years old. He is really twenty. I had some casual conversation about pools and in two mins I was sure he could dothe job. Later in the process I found out that last week he and his thirteen year sister had done the liner their parnts. pool.

He wanted $100. I gave him $200. There were at least a half dozen little tricks of the trade that he knew that never showed up on the dozen utube videos I had watched. It was well worth the extra $.

Roger
Old 06-26-2010, 04:33 PM   #10
Blue Marlin

Did you measure the pool yourself or did the place that did it before still have the measurments? I need to get that guys # that did the job for you.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in