Perdido marine on Fairfield - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > General Discussion

Old 05-29-2014, 07:57 PM   #1
Mingo

Thumbs down Perdido marine on Fairfield

I hate to bash a business so I will just speak of my own personal experience and let you decide for yourself. Finding a good me chai to perform work seems to be fairly difficult. I am only having to use a mechanic due to working so much I just don't have the time to work on my boat my self. I got to be their first customer. I brought my boat to them with a freshly installed mercruiser engine, I brought the outdrive that was off of the boat, and told them I wasn't concerned with the cost I would provide all the parts they needed and I stressed I needed my boat done in a decent amount of time. So they started off with an engine alignment. Charged me 100.00 for that. Then I paid for a new impeller to be installed and the out drive to be inspected for any defects. I was charged 300.00 for that, when he went to install the outdrive the shaft wouldn't slide in! Turns out his engine alignment was incorrect, he corrected it and the finally installed my outdrive, the following day he calls me to inform me of my bent prop shaft. I couldn't figure out why he didn't tell me that when I had paid him for the inspection. I brought him another lower unit that I personally inspected to make sure was good. I came day after day and not a single nut had been turned, eventually I came and disassembled the unit, then again for 4 days it sat on the ground untouched till I eventually told him I was gonna take it somewhere else if he didn't work on it, he finally finished that. I paid him 100 dollars also to change out my shift and throttle cable, he left the old ones in the boat, and never hooked up on side of the cables, all together my boat was there for 3 weeks, there were NO other boats there at all being worked on and I spent a little over 600 or 700 dollars for a mature work
Mustangjoe88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2014, 08:02 PM   #2
Mingo

I also have some simple ignition issues, key won't turn motor over and trim and tilt electrical lines needed hooking back up, I asked him to do it, and he told me "to be honest, I don't know how" this is coming from a shop that claims to have 35 years experience.

I have since recently taken my boat to a new mechanic who was able to fix all of my issues, extremely fast, and professional.

This is my personal experience with Perdido marine on south Fairfield. Make your own decision when looking for a marine mechanic/shop
Old 05-29-2014, 08:32 PM   #3
Mingo

Very poor service
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2014, 08:37 PM   #4
Mingo

Can a mod move this over to the boating topics area

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in