Outcast Inshore Slam Postponed - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > General Discussion
Register Fishing Photos FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Advertise

Old 05-11-2010, 12:39 AM   #1
Ruby Red Lip

Default Outcast Inshore Slam Postponed

Sure wish we could fish and compete while we still can. Must not have as much interest with everything going on with the spill.
Pathfinder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2010, 01:01 AM   #2
Sailfish

Default RE: Outcast Inshore Slam Postponed

I think that their is plenty of intrest. I just think that they won't fill the 60 boat field like they want and probably only get 30-40 boats. But it would be a great event as usual, I think he is afraid of losing money which is a big factor with the offshore fishing the way it is right now. I feel that they would have the boats to cover the prizes just maybe not the expenses. Figure they get 30 boats that would be $9000 in entry fees at $300 per boat which is light. That would cover prize moey ( the first place guaruntee of $6000) with alittle extra to spare. Or it would be a hell of a calcutta. Just my opinion I just wish we could have known last week instead of today since I have taken off work to fish.
Flatspro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2010, 01:36 AM   #3
Trigger

Shame to hear about the cancelation. This is usually a great tournament at a great time of the year and a much needed chance for us all to forget about the crap going on right off our beaches. Just do the thing low key and lets go fishing!!!!!!!!
Buzzbait is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2010, 08:07 PM   #4
Grouper

I hate that we had to make the call but the interest was very low. We only had seven pre-registered boats as opposed to 37 at the same time last year. Many of our boats are guides and they are participating in the vessell of opportunity program and would not be able to fish. Considering the state of the offshore fishing I just could not risk the loss. Based on my experience from the past I know that only seven boats registered early would end up with only 20-25 topsby Friday. I am very sorry. I did give it until early registration was over before I made the call. Thanks for understanding.
outcast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2010, 09:34 PM   #5
Sailfish

I hate to hear they had to cancel. We all need to go down to Outcast and do some business with them!
mdrobe2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in