Oil Spill - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > General Discussion

Old 05-04-2010, 04:08 PM   #1
Grouper

Default Oil Spill

I am trying to get as many pictures and videos as I can for Anglertube.com to show the world what BP and Transocean have done and are doing to our waters, our fish, our environment, our life.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> I?m looking for any pictures or video you may have pertaining to the spill in any way. It can be wildlife, cleanup efforts, negative pictures, positive pictures (if they exist) etc.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> We just want the truth to be known and for the people responsible for this disaster to have no excuses.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> Pictures and video do not lie, right?<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> We are creating a new page dedicated to this content and will be sending links to news agencies throughout the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1lace w:st="on">US</st1lace></st1:country-region> as a resource for the REAL story.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> Hopefully it will help create awareness about this unbelievable disaster.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes">

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>

<span style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; font-size: 12pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">If you do have anything along these lines, e-mail me at [email protected]
Sam Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2010, 04:34 PM   #2
Blue Marlin

Default RE: Oil Spill

Hi Sam.... I just sent you an e-mail with some of the best pictures that I have seen to date. Let me know if you get it... Thanks, Tom Brewer
Boatjob1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2010, 07:51 AM   #3
White Marlin

How does pictures of polutionprove BP was at fault? They went by all the regulations and from what I read the rig that blew up was commended in the past for being overly safe. Maybe they could have done something different. Maybe our government could have had stricter regulations. Maybe they tapped into a well that just needed the smallest thing to relieve the preasure. Maybe it is in a state that is the most corupt in the nation that put $ over safety. To me it is a combonation of all and to point out 1 is wrong.
Bullshark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2010, 09:27 AM   #4
Grand Slam

Send a message via AIM to Tuna Man Send a message via MSN to Tuna Man Send a message via Yahoo to Tuna Man

Quote:
Bullshark (05/05/2010)How does pictures of polutionprove BP was at fault? They went by all the regulations and from what I read the rig that blew up was commended in the past for being overly safe. Maybe they could have done something different. Maybe our government could have had stricter regulations. Maybe they tapped into a well that just needed the smallest thing to relieve the preasure. Maybe it is in a state that is the most corupt in the nation that put $ over safety. To me it is a combonation of all and to point out 1 is wrong.
First of all weather a accident happened or whatever it is BP's fault... Look at it this way and I'm not out to hang BP but look at it this way. I own a truck (Transcom owned the rig) You borrow, rent, lease or whatever,my truck (BPleases the rig). My truck is in A-1 shape, passes all inspections. Now you go down the street and run over a 6X6 in the road. In the process the truck tire blows, bends the rim, and screws up the alignment. It's your fault, not the state because the 6X6 was in the road, not Hancook the tire manufacture, and not Dodge's....just you. Yes maybe and quite possibly things COULD of been done to prevent such a disaster. Things get done or changed due to things such as this. Look what they did to increasing the integrity of new tankers built due to Valdez.

Something interesting

http://www.dailyfinance.com/story/oi...|S||5205212796

Tuna Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2010, 02:48 PM   #5
Trigger

Bullshark, exactly what corrupt state was the deepwater horizon located in? To my knowledge, state boundaries only go out for 3 miles. I could be wrong but I don't think so. BP acquired it's lease from the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT because the rig was located in FEDERAL waters. BP had an accident, now they need to take care of it in full.
Sc1006 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2010, 02:51 PM   #6
Ruby Red Lip

I have to agree this is BP fault at least 80% to 90%. They rented a tool, the DWH. They (BP)did the research of where to use that tool under known very dangerous conditions, (5000ft down) where problem solution would require unique tools in these working conditions. This kind of operation is now fore tought of stuff by corporate giants and engineers, knowing the kind of money at risk in the equipment and time required to get it to produce. If your only concern is the money from the production out come and no fore tought to environmental impact then woe be to you. Look at the special equipment that is designed and built today, available on the web. Do a search of "Deep Sea Intervention Vessel".They should have had numerous back-up contingency plans already to goAND available in the event of something catastrophic. They had only ideas that had been tabled LONG ago during meetings with Gov oversight and compliance.

that being said, Transocean Ltd., must bear some responsibility as they rented out a peice of equipment that was faulty. The BOP.
sammy925 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2010, 01:18 AM   #7
White Marlin

If it was up to the feds the rigs would be here in Florida. I don't care who licences them. I think I was misunderstood. My problem with this was the finger pointing at BP. There is a huge difference betweenfault and who is responsable to clean it. The clean up is and should be on BP's sholders. When things are great they get the $ and when things are bad they should be responsable for cleaning it. But to say o'my bp screwed us is not right. I have major problems with this spill but it is the fed and state governmentsjob to regulate the private companies. #1 the $75 million max clean up law is the biggest crock of b.s. ever. I don't care if they did not plan on something like this ever happening. Who did the cap help? #2 Why in the hell are they drilling without something in place ready to go right away. They spent the last2 weeks building some shit they just thought up but have never tested in 5000' of water. WTF were they thinking!!!!! This thing could effect every country in the gulf and they thought that wont ever happen. If BP followed every government guide line it's the governments fault state and federal. And if they passed a law a few years back to cut off the clean up responsability at 75 mil it's there fault again. As far as the state of LA it just seems like the incompetence level in big situations like this and there inability to think ahead makes them a liability to the rest of us. After Hurricane Andrew Miami-Dade county cleaned it up for the most part without anything we saw out of N.O. And don't think for a second Katrina was worst. They knew that thing was coming for days and Andrew was set to hit WPB and Broward and turned at the last minute to punch us in the mouth.After Andrewthe county tested and changed the building codes making it the beacan of light for the rest of potential hurricane areas. I know first hand what N.O. did also but cant get into why but I can say itseemed to be a good step until we found out they needed to show there government $ was being spent in proactive ways so they could get more and what we did was trashed.They blamed someone else. Someone else (the government) in turn gave them a way out by offering to buy there homes as is. The city now owns 1/3 of the homes in New Orleans and the homes sit vacant with the yards cut and the remains of the pets inside to this day. The home owners were able to keep there insurance $ along with the $ from the gov. Guess what most of the new constructions roof lines are below the dike and they still toenail the roof to wall connection. And now they can buy there houseor lotback for about 1/4 the price and get grants to fit them up to the tune of 75k. That state is a liability to us and now we see why. Yet they can do something to make tons of $ while putting the rest of us at risk with poor regulations. As far as blame I don't care. Clean it up now. Learn from it and set up ways to avoid this kind of exposure to the enviroment and stop failing then looking to someone else to fix it. There is not 1 person that went there with usand did what I did that did not come back sick and pissed they had to pay taxes. The state of incompetence.......
Bullshark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in