I HAVE BEEN DOING SOME THINKING - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > General Discussion

Old 06-06-2010, 01:51 AM   #1
Grouper

Default I HAVE BEEN DOING SOME THINKING

I was driving across the bay way today in Mobile when the song " don't know what you got till it's gone " by Cinderella came on. And thats when it it hit me, i never dreamed of the day when i would wait for the Man to say " ok boys i will let you go out and spear or catch two snapper each." I think back over the last several years when we would fuss and fight over " hey man the commercial guys get this, and the charter guys get this, and you recreational guys get this.". You know what ? Not a Damn one of us are getting SHIT right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its gone man. I will say this, when and if we ever get OUR gulf back, i will have a different opinion. i will not fuss about the man taking to long at the boat ramp, instead, i will get my ass out of my truck and help him and maybe even show him a shortcut. I will not bitch when i am sitting in the water waiting to load my boat. I will not bitch about a misprint on a sign the has bait shrimpfor sale. There are several other things i can name but i think we can all understand where i am coming from. Thats just me.

MRD out.
spear em is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2010, 02:06 AM   #2
Grouper

Default RE: I HAVE BEEN DOING SOME THINKING

andanother thing, the Mobile Rig Divers should be pulling into Billy Goat hole right now holding up at least 8 snapper in the 20 lb range taunting the rod and reel guys. But ya know what ? i aint. instead i am at home typing on the Mo Fo computer. sorry guys, i am through.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:39 PM   #3
Blue Marlin

Amen Bradley! Never looked at that perspective.

And I got a brand new DeathStick enclosed track speargun that I just got my riding rig all braided up on and ready...never shot... Boat is finally tip top after all new ignition systems, waterpumps, etc, and then new props and shafts straightened...but no where to go shoot fish.
Clay-Doh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2010, 02:38 AM   #4
Grouper

and another thing, the birds know and they're pissed.

todd in the bay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2010, 05:31 AM   #5
Grouper

and i am still thinking. am i wrong men ? none of us are fishing or diving. i think about if the explosion and leak would not have happened, my dive team, named The Mobile RIG Divers, would have dove the very rigs and shot big fish off of because they were there in the first place to provide us with such a wonderful resource for fish. i have went back and looked over numerous post and observed post where people out Mobile and P'cola were heading to the rigs and the old sunken rigs to fish and dive. am i supposed to hate the very people that have provided me with such a place to harvest fish in the beginning ? when we pull up to a rig that has 20 boats on it and we get that look of " how dare you dive on this rig while we are fishing " i never thought i would miss that !!!!!! today is June 8 2010. i should haveat least 35 dives under my belt over the last eight days, but i dont, i only have two. and the charter guys andcommercial guys that depend on this to feed their families have it 10 fold worse than what i do.i cant be mad at the oil guys because all of the years they provided me with a great place to spear without any incident. and on the next hand they shut down the very thing i live for, other than Jesus , and that is diving and fishing in the Gulf of Mexico. thats just me, and i am not trying to be rodney king with the " cant we all just get along " mentality. I just miss my Gulf and my dive friends and my P'cola dive friends. I am through.

MRD out.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:57 AM   #6
*^* JaiBo *^*
Grand Slam

Alot of truth in what you speak brother......but I won't agree on the boat ramp situation ----:doh I'll still get mad but I always hold my composure....Now ifin its an older guy/gal I'll do what I can for em, but these folks that take up multiple lanes-load/unload EVERYTHING while trying to launch and crap like that, I'll never have that patience....:crazy::P:crazy:

Back in the game!!! 1856 ALWELD w/ a 70 Yammy!!!

Philippians 1:2121
For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2010, 05:57 PM   #7
Mingo

My bro in law and i went out of pcola pass tue where was the 1 to 2 it was more like 3 to4 but on the way out we seen several boats I assume Skimmers just anchored up why??? Go after that oil slick dont wait for it to come to us. But no more fishing in the gulf for me I guess Ill be fishing the 3mile until that gets flagged but most likely I will be catch and release program for the next 5 to 10 years I will be savering the last of my snapper and aj that I have left in my freezer
backlashnpcola is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in