How Old were You when You realized you Loved Fishing? - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > General Discussion

Like Tree14Likes

Old 06-23-2014, 04:13 PM   #1
Blue Marlin

Location: PC Fl., Orange Bch, Eufaula Al., Lake Seminole Ga. , Camden Al.
Default How Old were You when You realized you Loved Fishing?

My Daddy took me at age 5 and I went with him as often as I he would take me.....But at around 12 or so I started wondering around with some friends and went much much more often that Daddy could take. We wore out several Golf Course Ponds and anywhere else our bicycles could help us reach. I realized I loved to fish at that point and it's been part of my life since then.

How Old were You when You realized you Loved Fishing?
Garbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2014, 04:20 PM   #2
Grouper

4 years old
Old 06-23-2014, 04:20 PM   #3
Super Moderator
Blue Marlin

Quite honestly, to young to remember.................and, good to see you posting again.....
Downtime2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2014, 04:23 PM   #4
White Marlin

I have fished since I am old enough to have a memory.
My dad loved the water and so did his grandma....it's in our genes.

Mom & Dad told me I hid in dads car at the ripe age of 8 on one of his weekend floundering trips in the 60's to Navarre for the weekend. I came up missing and when dad stopped to get bait and call home...he came and looked in the car and found me.

Spent the weekend holding onto his belt loop floundering w/ the greatest person I have ever known.

Love fishing more than any other sport in the world.
finfever61 likes this.
barefoot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2014, 04:23 PM   #5
Jiggin Finatic
Grand Slam

3 years old so I am told. Welcome back stranger.
II Chronicles 7:14
if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

lobsterman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2014, 04:26 PM   #6
Grouper

He's back! This thread will go for months. I don't know an exact age, but I remember sharing a room with my big brother growing up. Bunk beds and everything. One of our favorite things to do at night, was to open up our tackle boxes and take all our stuff out to "look at our lures". We would do this almost every night. Trade back and forth, "I'll give you a spoon for that yellow duster" etc. Now that I am in my 30's, I still share a room, but she doesn't like my lures strewn all over the carpet at night.
Bodupp and Russian like this.
timeflies is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2014, 04:42 PM   #7
Sailfish

While I enjoyed fishing at a young age, I wasn't fully addicted until I was about 11 or 12 years old. Every day I'd get home from school and mom or dad would drive me down to the neighborhood dock on the Santa Rosa sound with my castnet, tackle box, and rod. Every day. Rarely catching a thing - but I kept going. And it's just grown since then.
I was probably 19 when I came to the realization that I would give up all other fish and chase tarpon if I had to pick just one species. Simply nothing better in my eyes.
Welcome back Curtis. Looking forward to plenty of these threads!
nb&twil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2014, 04:43 PM   #8
Grouper

Too young to remember, but whenever I could first hold a fishing rod. So id say around 2 or 3.
Old 06-23-2014, 04:43 PM   #9
Sailfish

Glad to see a Garbo post. I grew up fishing with my grandfather who loved to fish. Sometimes during the summer we would go somewhere every afternoon for weeks straight. We had a camp on pascagula (sp?) River and would spent 20+ weekends a year there fishing the river most of the night and the little lakes around it during the day. he would scull that aluminum boat around until he could smell the shellcracker beds when he said fish right there we would immediately start catching fish.
Bodupp and recess like this.
fishn4fun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2014, 04:49 PM   #10
White Marlin

Nice to see you back! I've fished for as long as I can remember with my dad only catching trash fish and small fish but I loved every second of it!y dad isn't that big on fishing but he is the one that got me started into itm I used to walk down the street everyday with my pole and and some frozen shrimp just trying to catch something.I bought a sea hunter inflatable boat and used that for a good while till When I was probably 10 years old I saved up and bought a Jon boat and me and my brother and friend would paddle around chico throwing ly we caught in a castnet. Then we started using different artificials and started catching trout and reds. Eventually saved up and bought a trolling motor so no more paddling! Then after a while me and my dad restored his grandads 3 HP evinrude yachtwin and used that to go out. After a while of saving and the evinrude dying I bought a 5 HP motor to use and that is when I found out i really loved fishing, after saving IP and buying gear and learning different techniques to catch fish I was hooked. I am 17 now and have two kayaks and a 18 sea pro with a 115 johnson that I've bought on my own. Its my passion to fish and I've saved for many months and worked my butt off to pay for my gear.

I used to wake up at four in the morning and walk up to outcast during the sale when I was 13 didn't matter if it was pouring or not I'd go and I did that until I was able to drive. I would GI everyday during the sale and still do. Damn I love fishing!
southern yakker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in