How often do you get skunked?? - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > General Discussion

Old 07-07-2013, 10:09 PM   #1
Grand Slam

Default How often do you get skunked??

Seriously, cuz i get skunked WAY more than I catch anything, and I'm talking the not even a bite skunk. I have sworn off fishing a few times now as a result of my dismal record, try as I might... I read the reports, I ask questions and try the suggestions, I check tides, i go to different places and at the end of the day, I suck lol. I couldn't imagine going out every trip and coming home with fish.

So whats your record, fer real?

Guess I should add that I fish bayous, the bay, and rivers lately. no offshore for me

Last edited by sure,icanfish; 07-07-2013 at 10:18 PM.
sure,icanfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2013, 10:14 PM   #2
Blue Marlin

Offshore from the yak? I cant think of the last time I didnt catch a fish. Yes Ive been skunked regarding the particular species I wanted to target. Its hard not to catch something offshore even if its just bonita or kings.

850-810-2548

http://www.facebook.com/bitebackcharters/

www.bitebackfishingcharters.com
JD7.62 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2013, 10:14 PM   #3
C-Hawk 245 Pilot House
Blue Marlin

In salt water, I can only remember not catching something only once, on a charter boat. I may not be able to keep what I catch, and may only be small fish, but I always catch something.
In the bay, I don't do nearly as well. I rarely fish the bay, and am not in tune with the fishery.

Sea-r-cy
Sea-r-cy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2013, 10:22 PM   #4
Kim
Blue Marlin

Fishing off the dock I'm skunked about 90% of the time which I don't mind. I think it's been at least 10 years since I've been skunked offshore. Keep in mind that there were days that I was grateful for Spanish Mackerel, King Mackerel and Bonito.
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2013, 10:24 PM   #5
Ruby Red Lip

Lol, to be honest if it weren't for pinfish my record would be 2-75! Seriously tho, lately has been pretty hard. I pretty much stay on bayfront pier, wahoo stadium, bayview and bob sykes octagon because I don't have a boat. I was wondering this same question myself on a recent trip because I'd always see the reports of these guys holding up river monsters and bull reds all the time and I'd think to myself...what am I doing wrong!
kyle_dj82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2013, 10:42 PM   #6
White Marlin

I used to get skunked regularly inshore but since I started grasping knowledge on fish movements and patterns, not as much. I would say I get skunked about once every 10 trips or so. I remember a few years ago, I went about 6 weeks and didnt catch a fish.
chaps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2013, 10:45 PM   #7
Mingo

Damn I know how you feel man! I get skunked about 7 out of 10 times I fish, and I mean not a single bite skunked. Thought I was gonna get skunked today, but just as I was headed in I got a black sea bass on my trolling rod! It was only 13" but its still a keeper, and the only fish I got all day.
lastlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2013, 10:56 PM   #8
Ruby Red Lip

Ummmm....well think of the conditions when it happened....first year or two after I moved down here.....permanent.... it happened for 2 years sometimes.....started sensing a reason/pattern.......EAST wind SUCKS---will not go.....period!! Full moon....NOPE. If bay fishing and wrong TIDE....nope. Wrong barometric pressure.....nope ain't goin'..........Shared WAY to much hard earned info. from a 1/4 Cherokee Redman ancestory....WE are supposed to be on another level with mother nature....
Fishun Injun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2013, 11:03 PM   #9
Blue Marlin

Let your freak flag fly!
Attached Thumbnails
How often do you get skunked??-skunk-flag-jpg  
Captain Woody Woods is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2013, 11:17 PM   #10
Grand Slam

It happens plenty to me, for the last 5 years or so and it seems to be getting worse!! i try to find places to fish near me in Milton to keep from paying 15 bucks to go to gulf breeze (like i did today) and get skunked. Seems the only times im successful are fishing docklights in gulf breeze, but even that's 50/50. in case its not clear yet, my screen name is packed with sarcasm.
sure,icanfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in