Gulf Coast Outfitters - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > General Discussion

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Gulf Coast Outfitters
  • 1 Post By late bloomer

Old 06-23-2014, 10:40 PM   #1
Grouper

Default Gulf Coast Outfitters

Fellow outdoors enthusiasts. I want to formally tell ya all about our little operation. I have been in the military for 24 years and this is our retirement plan unless it fails then its a Wal Mart greeter I guess. We have been in business for 18 months working out of our garage. We were fortunate to be able to move into a location for a store.

Our location is at 1889 Garcon Point Rd in Milton. We are located at the old Bay Breeze Lounge, if you remember the place you wont recognize the inside as we have done some serious renovation.

So what do we do? We manage four core areas that we are passionate about.

Hunting - We will carry hunting gear seasonally staying ahead of the game by about 6 weeks. We currently provide guide services for alligator and ducks and are booking trips for them now. If you need information on the local area stop in and see us, we have maps and are more than happy to tell you how we were successful in hopes of making your trips successful.

We break ground soon on our outdoor archery range, more to follow there.

Fishing - All of our fishing tackle is inbound, we order from a large distributor and can carry about anything. We book inshore and offshore fishing trips using Champion Charters. We also book flounder gigging trips with Nightshift Charters. Again, if you have questions stop in, right about now I will most likely talk about topwater in the intercoastal for redfish and trout early in the morning as its my favorite inshore fishing. Stabbing flounder in the face a close second thanks to Capt Ron.

We are an Orca cooler dealer and we have 40 and 26qts in stock, can always order any size.

Survival - We carry survival and camping dear. Currently in stock as vendors are Mountain House, Jet Boil, and Gerber. We also have an Air Force survival instructor on our pro staff. We had some fun last year with a few hunters survival courses and are currently putting together another.

Tactical - We provide firearms training and carry Voo Doo tactical gear. Our Voo Doo gets delivered this week and can order anything you may need. We provide pistol and carbine training, we do one or two folks up at Santa Rosa Shooting Center and we do larger groups out at K and M range. We also carry ammunition from Fort Mill Munitions and Buffalo Cartridge Company. We have plenty of pistol in stock, 9mm/.380/38Spc/.40/.45, we have a little bit of 5.56 and 12 gauge. Getting ready to make a large order of Rio shotgun ammo to prep for Dove season.

For you reloaders out there we currently have in stock a multitude of calibers of brass. Small/large/and magnum pistol primers. We also have small rifle primers as well. Soon in stock will be projectiles. I wont lie about powder, working it..... If we ever are fortunate to get it in I will let you know. My favorite pistol powder is Titegroup, if you can find it anywhere and are a reloader snag it, I love it.

We also have a taxidermist on our pro staff, Matt Ates from Rugged Earth Taxidermy. You can see his work in our store, its great stuff.

As for our business that about wraps it up, we have some big plans and hopefully with local support we can see those through. We are a family oriented business and if there is any way we can help out in the community we will do it.

We have a pretty good bit of room and are out of the way so if there are any local organizations that need a place to meet get with me and we will see what we can do.

Our hours at the store are weekends 10am to 7pm. I am still active duty and cant be in two places at once, busy during the week for now.....

I am also the local chairman for Ducks Unlimited and the store is the local headquarters. We have three more events planned for the year. We just finished up our golf tourney at Hidden Creek.

26 July is a Greenwing event at the store, free for all, hot dogs and such for lunch. We will have a Daisy bb gun range set up and will give away 5 bb guns to the kids. A few more surprises hopefully as well.

27 September is our DU sporting clays shoot up at Santa Rosa Shooting Center.

We wrap up the year with our banquet on November 13th at the conference center in Navarre. We have Deputy Enos from the Dukes of Hazzard as our guest speaker. We are also going to raffle off a private dinner for two with Enos for the night prior. Tickets are $10 a piece for the raffle and available at Gulf Coast Outfitters and more locations soon.

So if you made it this far in the post congratulations.... Like our facebook page at Gulf Coast Outfitters and you will be in a drawing for a free box of 147 grain 9mm ammo. Please like Santa Rosa County Ducks Unlimited to keep abreast of events.

Thanks for reading, hope to see you soon. Enjoy the photos..... Steve
Attached Thumbnails
Gulf Coast Outfitters-pff1-jpg   Gulf Coast Outfitters-pff2-jpg   Gulf Coast Outfitters-pff3-jpg  

Owner, Gulf Coast Outfitters, LLC

http://www.gcoonline.com/

Like us on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/GulfCoastOutfitters

http://twitter.com/GCOonline
Gulf Coast Outfitters is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2014, 11:43 PM   #2
Trigger

Glad to see something good in that building finally. Looking forward to stopping by.
Night Shift likes this.
late bloomer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2014, 01:47 AM   #3
Trigger

Steve is a stand up kinda guy, fellas. He has helped me a lot! He has some awesome custom fishing rods, Ive got one of their red fish rods, and it is fine. (I kept it for personal use!)
Check him out, lots of knowledge of the sports we are all involved in. Go check him out, Im sure you will agree!
Congratulations, Steve. I know you will do well. (I like the stabbing em in the face thing.. that's awesome!)
www.nightshiftcharterservice.com
Night Shift is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2014, 10:48 AM   #4
Grouper

For those of us that haven’t been out that way in awhile, here’s a map quest link.

http://www.mapquest.com/#e8fb32db12139bf94c4e539c
Big Red is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2014, 07:48 PM   #5
Grouper

Thank you bloomer!

And thanks Ron, we are working on our custom rods for inventory, you let our secret out, ha ha.

Thanks Red! There is also a map on our facebook page.

Owner, Gulf Coast Outfitters, LLC

http://www.gcoonline.com/

Like us on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/GulfCoastOutfitters

http://twitter.com/GCOonline
Gulf Coast Outfitters is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in