Got the Missing the Blues blues .... - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-08-2013, 08:31 PM   #1
Senior Member
Grouper
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,015
Default Got the Missing the Blues blues ....

Something was missing this 4th of July... I could not put my finger on it until Yesterday evening, I realized was not making plans to go the see the Blues Angels airshow the next weekend :-(

I understand they are going to have an air show... and I will likely go anyway and make the best of it ... but ... sigh ...

Nothing constructive here ... just whining a bit ,

But dang, I never got tired of seeing the Blues in the middle of July, along with all the boats and bikinis
Mullethead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-08-2013, 08:52 PM   #2
Splittine's step-pappy
Grand Slam
 
John B.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pensacola Beach
Posts: 12,393
Default

I'm really ticked about it... but planning on taking the boat behind flounders anyway... I would absolutely love to see them burn down the beach one time... it would make my day.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Forum Runner.
__________________
#MARLINLIVESMATTER
#BUYAMERICAN
John B. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2013, 10:33 PM   #3
Senior Member
Grouper
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,056
Default

I will be out there too. Yes I liked the Blue Angels flying over the beach but they are basically America's favorite waste of taxpayer dollars so I have no issue with them being grounded to save money.

Now what really pisses me off...
The savings I see reported by grounding the blue angels is 28 million dollars. I got this from NBC:
"The Blue Angels program began in 1946 and costs about $40 million a year. Canceling the bulk of the performing season would save about $28 million, according to Navy officials." http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...-for-2013?lite

Where else could we save $28 million dollars. Turns out, A LOT OF PLACES! My number 1 pick would be to stop sending money to people that hate us. Congress's salaries and benefits is a very close second though.

We send Egypt roughly $1,557,000,000 in aid per year. YES that is in the BILLIONS. How about we drop that number to 0. That would be enough to fund the blue angels for the next 55 YEARS. What do they need the money for? Apparently they need it to buy American flags, gasoline, and lighters.

And Egypt barely makes it into the top 5. Iraq, Pakistan, and Afghanistan all receive even more. Israel holds the number one spot and gets over 3 BILLION in aid per year. That's right, if we cancel the blue angels for the next 110 years and save 28 million dollars each year we save enough money to support Israel for ONE year. Here are a couple of links.
http://votingamerican.wordpress.com/...re-does-it-go/
http://foreignassistance.gov/CountryIntro.aspx
DreamWeaver21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-09-2013, 09:06 AM   #4
Senior Member
White Marlin
 
H2OMARK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Orrville/Lillian
Posts: 3,300
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeaver21 View Post
Where else could we save $28 million dollars. Turns out, A LOT OF PLACES! My number 1 pick would be to stop sending money to people that hate us. Congress's salaries and benefits is a very close second though.
How about we quit spending $10MM to send a public servant and his family for a sight seeing trip to Africa, or,
How 'bout we not let a public servants family take a seperate vacation to Aspen soon after they take a vacation to Hawaii.

I do like your ideas of the reducing the congress/senates salaries also.
__________________
"Call someplace Paradise, Kiss it goodbye" The Eagles
____________________
Sea Hunt Ultra 210
231 Proline WA (sold )
1902 Century Bay
14 Rogue Skiff
14 Big Jon Duck Boat
17 Pierre Marquette canoe
11 Ocean Kayak
H2OMARK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2013, 02:12 PM   #5
Senior Member
Grand Slam
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pace, Florida
Posts: 8,180
Default

I agree with what y'all are saying. Just keep Congress at home and they could save that much money.
I was wondering - did the beach hotels drop their prices since the Blues aren't flying ? I can't see anybody paying $400 a night to watch a civilian airshow.
We used to stay at the Hampton Inn every year for the Blues. We stopped after Ivan when prices got ridiculous.
welldoya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2013, 02:21 PM   #6
Senior Member
Grouper
 
J0nesi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pensacola FL
Posts: 905
Default

heard on Lex and Terry last week that one congressman or who ever it was spent $100,000 a year on dounuts and coffee!! Are you kidding me!! Are we really paying these people to spend $100K on breakfast? That blew my mine. What a waste! Do you know what you could use that $$ on. And thats just one office!! Unreal!


Dont get me started on the free rides their kids get with schools

Last edited by J0nesi; 07-09-2013 at 02:24 PM.
J0nesi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2013, 03:16 PM   #7
Young Snappa
Trigger
 
Bayfisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Niceville, FL
Posts: 239
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeaver21 View Post
I will be out there too. Yes I liked the Blue Angels flying over the beach but they are basically America's favorite waste of taxpayer dollars so I have no issue with them being grounded to save money.

Now what really pisses me off...
The savings I see reported by grounding the blue angels is 28 million dollars. I got this from NBC:
"The Blue Angels program began in 1946 and costs about $40 million a year. Canceling the bulk of the performing season would save about $28 million, according to Navy officials." http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...-for-2013?lite

Where else could we save $28 million dollars. Turns out, A LOT OF PLACES! My number 1 pick would be to stop sending money to people that hate us. Congress's salaries and benefits is a very close second though.

We send Egypt roughly $1,557,000,000 in aid per year. YES that is in the BILLIONS. How about we drop that number to 0. That would be enough to fund the blue angels for the next 55 YEARS. What do they need the money for? Apparently they need it to buy American flags, gasoline, and lighters.

And Egypt barely makes it into the top 5. Iraq, Pakistan, and Afghanistan all receive even more. Israel holds the number one spot and gets over 3 BILLION in aid per year. That's right, if we cancel the blue angels for the next 110 years and save 28 million dollars each year we save enough money to support Israel for ONE year. Here are a couple of links.
http://votingamerican.wordpress.com/...re-does-it-go/
http://foreignassistance.gov/CountryIntro.aspx

+1... cant express it enough, why GIVE money to countries that HATE us?
__________________
Bayfisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2013, 03:24 PM   #8
Senior Member
White Marlin
 
Linkovich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pensacola
Posts: 3,141
Default

I heard a rumor that the Blues have scheduled a "maintenance flight" for Saturday. Mind you this is just a rumor, but you never know. My parents live by the back gate of NAS and I still see them fly over occasionally. I'm assuming you have to keep a certain amount of hours logged on the aircraft to keep them operational??
Linkovich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2013, 03:30 PM   #9
Senior Member
Grand Slam
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pace, Florida
Posts: 8,180
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkovich View Post
I heard a rumor that the Blues have scheduled a "maintenance flight" for Saturday. Mind you this is just a rumor, but you never know. My parents live by the back gate of NAS and I still see them fly over occasionally. I'm assuming you have to keep a certain amount of hours logged on the aircraft to keep them operational??
Would the crowd go nuts or what ? That would be cool.
welldoya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2013, 04:24 PM   #10
Senior Member
Grouper
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by welldoya View Post
Would the crowd go nuts or what ? That would be cool.
Yes it would ....
Mullethead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.