Forum Respect - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > General Discussion
Register Fishing Photos FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Advertise

Old 01-24-2010, 05:17 PM   #1
Sailfish

Default Forum Respect

Rainy day, and the drama topic got me thinkin....... (Scary!!!)

Upbringing, fishing reports, age, time on the forum, etc....

Let's hear it!!! :letsdrink

Sorry if this ( :letsdrink) offended anyone.
Runned Over is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2010, 05:27 PM   #2
Capt Dickhead
Sailfish

Default RE: Forum Respect

!!
Voodoo Lounge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2010, 05:38 PM   #3
Blue Marlin

Anyone wanna predict where this is gonna go???????????:letsdrink:letsdrink
Snagged Line is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2010, 06:11 PM   #4
Sailfish

Let me try to steer this.

My upbringing, and my life's lessons, have taught me alot about respect, and Igenerally apply that here, when reading others, off topic posts.

As for Fishing Forum respect, I personally respect the folks that are posting reports, with pictures, more than others. In my case, if you were to look at my reports, :doh you may see someone who really sucks, (true) but is slowly :banghead getting better.

The only way I'm getting better, is by taking the advice from folks who actually post reports (with pictures). With pictures and reports, I can sort through potential POSERS!!!! Also from my reports, you can call me out when I think I'm better than my reports indicate.

The other thing that I hate reading is that people don't post for negative reasons!!!! I love reading and looking at fishing pictures. If folks are not putting them on here because of X, let's get rid of X!!!!!!
Runned Over is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2010, 06:59 PM   #5
Sailfish

Scott,

This is a good post. I think you and I went to the same "Finishing School", Parris Island where we learned respect. I recently read Former Georgia Governor Zell Miller's book, who also completed boot camp at PI, even before me, 1953 for the Gov., 1956 for me. It is a good read. The title is, "Corps Values, Everything You Need to Know I learned in the Marines".

In his last paragraph in the chapter on "RESPECT", he states:

"Consistent respect for ourselves and others will go a long way toward solving many of the problems of society."

I highly reccommend this short book to anyone needing "Core Values". If anyone knows of a young person who would profit by reading this book, let me know I will buy that person a copy.

Semper Fi :usaflag
oldflathead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2010, 07:05 PM   #6
Ruby Red Lip

I think that all this just has to stop. Everyone needs to just go to there seperate corners and stop acting like little kids.
poker_fisher101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2010, 07:49 PM   #7
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
Grand Slam

I find that I respect folk who are good and humble... I had the opportunity to do some relief work after Katrina with 3 members who I respect without reservation.

I have fished with a few members who catch more fish than I ever will or have and simply ignore my ignorant taunts when on a given day I catch a bunch of dinks and they catch a single 'gator trout". And then they ask me to go fishing again!!!

I respect those that share techniques and spots even though they do not have too.

I repect posters who only post a great catch because they don't want to further the rabble that infects us.

I respect those posters who disagree with me, but do not insult me (or if they do, it's in fun).

I respect newbys who ask "Who?... What?... Where?... How? " without getting angry when their thread isderailed horribly and THEN...they come back with a good fishing report.

I respect FISHERMEN, and those that trulywant to join the fraternity!

Jim
jim t is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2010, 08:33 PM   #8
Jim T's sworn enemy!
Sailfish

Personally I don't feel that respect is earned by pictures on an internet website but the way ya represent yourself in real life. If forum respect is differant than that,well sh*t,I'd a been banned years ago. Just sayin!
bonita dan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2010, 08:47 PM   #9
Capt Dickhead
Sailfish

I also served in the military, and that is not where I learned to respect other's. I was born and raised here, I'm one of those kids that said yes sir and yes ma'am automatically(and still do). I still open doors for other's, and give up my seat for ladies and elder's.I got my ass beat as a kid, there was no "time out". I tend to think I respect someone right off the bat, then let them work there way backwards, that being said, I don't think there's such a thing as "forum" respect.Whether that was at home or in the military, you were either raised right or not!

I will say, once someone has lost my respect, it is damn near impossible to get it back!
Voodoo Lounge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2010, 09:01 PM   #10
Jiggin Finatic
Grand Slam

Like Tony said, you were either raised to have it or you weren't. My Mother always said you treat others like you want to be treated and if you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all. It all boils down to the question, am I my brothers keeper? The answer is unequivocally YES, we are our brothers keeper.
lobsterman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in