Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Fleas Question

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  ElJay 
#1 ·
I am comming down for a few days mid November, Ft Walton/Destin area. later in the year than usual for me.

Are fleas still available that late in the year?

#2 ·
I have caught them in December so i would say yes. Also depends on how many cold snaps we have between now and then. So i will be like a weather man, you have a 50% chance of catching them. :letsdrink:letsdrink

Scott

#3 ·
parrothead (10/30/2008)I have caught them in December so i would say yes. Also depends on how many cold snaps we have between now and then. So i will be like a weather man, you have a 50% chance of catching them. :letsdrink:letsdrink

Scott
try this......You have a 50% chance, over 25% of the area, 50% of the time.:banghead

Cool/cold weather they go out and deep.

Although this study was taken in California, you might find this interesting.....

http://www.aslo.org/lo/toc/vol_13/issue_3/0465.pdf

#11 ·
I have tried to eat many things out the sea,from Sea Urchin eggs toBBQ'd abalone stuffed kelp stems butnever a sand flea. Never even entered my mind.

But then, give me a few beers and i will be up for it:) I could see how it could taste like thoseburrowing shrimp,very gritty and not much 'meat'.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.