fishing help please!!! - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > General Discussion

Old 06-22-2014, 05:51 PM   #1
Ruby Red Lip

Send a message via Skype™ to FunkyHomosapien
Default fishing help please!!!

Sorry if this is a dupe thread, nobody seems to be looking at the pier forum, if you know about pier fishing, can you go check it out for me? I'm new, and don't know much about pier fishing, but I'd like to get into it big time.

Thank you!!!
FunkyHomosapien is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2014, 06:24 PM   #2
Blue Marlin

I would still post on the pier thread. Have you walked around the pier and watched how they are catching fish? I think that I would do that and observe the bait and tackle being used. It has been my experience that most folks don't mind sharing information with you. I can tell you that I have used Gotcha lures both from a pier and boat. You need to be careful with the hooks or you will get where they got the name. These lures are cheaper than some others. I have also used frozen shrimp and live shrimp. I would also get a wide assortment of hook sizes as well as sinkers if you are trying to catch a bottom fish. There are some on here that fish there a lot. I don't so this is about the best I can do to get you started.
SHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2014, 07:04 PM   #3
Seafox 237 twin outboards
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyHomosapien View Post
Sorry if this is a dupe thread, nobody seems to be looking at the pier forum, if you know about pier fishing, can you go check it out for me? I'm new, and don't know much about pier fishing, but I'd like to get into it big time.

Thank you!!!
Gotchas will work.
Live bait . Go buy a sabiki and you'll catch all the live bait you need . The bait shop will know what your talking about.
The bubble bait also works good for Spanish. Just throw it as far as you can and start jerking it threw the water.
With squid on the bottom, you will catch catfish, because they have been in thick.
Use frozen cigars with a treble hook in the head, and throw it out and try to work it like its alive on top of water or down a few, where you can see it.
Sight fish, if you see a big fish, it's probably looking for food.

Go there real early or late in the afternoon. During the middle of the day in the summer , you will roast. Bring a hat and polarized sun glasses.

Good luck
Chapman5011 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2014, 08:36 PM   #4
Ruby Red Lip

Send a message via Skype™ to FunkyHomosapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapman5011 View Post
Gotchas will work.
Live bait . Go buy a sabiki and you'll catch all the live bait you need . The bait shop will know what your talking about.
The bubble bait also works good for Spanish. Just throw it as far as you can and start jerking it threw the water.
With squid on the bottom, you will catch catfish, because they have been in thick.
Use frozen cigars with a treble hook in the head, and throw it out and try to work it like its alive on top of water or down a few, where you can see it.
Sight fish, if you see a big fish, it's probably looking for food.

Go there real early or late in the afternoon. During the middle of the day in the summer , you will roast. Bring a hat and polarized sun glasses.

Good luck

Thanks a ton, friend. I'll have to look for you when I start going regularly!
FunkyHomosapien is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in