Fisherman Friendly Condo - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > General Discussion

Old 05-22-2012, 11:37 AM   #1
Cigar Minnow

Default Fisherman Friendly Condo

Hello to everyone! We are beginning a search for a condo/duplex/home in Gulf Shores/OB/Perdido/Pensacola area. This will be a 2nd home for us. Must have for the women: View of the ocean/bay/beach. Pool. 3 bed/2bath.

We would like to be able to generate some income so offset some of the costs through renting when we are not there.

My reqs: I'd like to find the most fishing friendly place we can and cater to fisherman who are looking for a rental made for them.

Fast access to the GOM (A friend that goes down alot said to get something as close to Perdido Pass as possible??). We have had a place in the Keys before that took us 40 min of no wake and that was a pain.

Dockage/Storage for up to a 36ft CC. Storage for all the gear associated with off shore fishing.

Nice fish cleaning facilities.

Easy access to ice/bait/fuel etc.

Anything else that would make it a fishermans dream.

Thanks for any suggestions!

All for 350-400K

Matt
crthrs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2012, 01:45 PM   #2
Trigger

Perdido Key may be what you are looking for. As it is a narrow strip of land, there are a number of complexes that are beach front with additional property across the street on the bay/Ole River with dock facilities and dry storage only minutes from the pass. Buildings are generally lower density. Some examples are WindDrift, Spanish Key, Ship Watch, Perdido Towers, Eden. Realtor here on the board should be able to help you out. There are also some bayfront houses in the area that are directly across from beach with good access and views. We have a place in the area and love it..
Joe Sixpack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2012, 01:50 PM   #3
Trigger

Matt, PM sent...
timman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2012, 01:50 PM   #4
Bearded Brotula
Grand Slam

Take a look at the Perdido Beach and Yacht Club. I believe that you'll have to get on the wait list for a slip, but they have a fenced in storage area that you can use. Beach front and has docks on Ole River.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:56 PM   #5
Trigger

Yep, Perdido BYC is very nice, probably one of the best around for boaters.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:58 PM   #6
Trigger

Landmark condos in Panama City.
http://www.landmarkcondos.net/

Has everything you want. If your boat wont fit on a lift, St Andrews marina is right down the road. You can see the pass (2miles across the bay). 2 pools, great snorkeling and fishing from the dock. Nice cleaning table and awesome people. Lots of great fisherman around here and less crowded than west of here. PM me for a # or more info. My family owns 2 of these units next to eachother (2/2's) and are thinking about making one big one. I Know of one 4 bedroom 4 bath that is in your price range. Slips go for around $35k with another 10-12k for a lift
standrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2012, 02:11 PM   #7
Fish Alot Catch None
Grouper

Default The Key to it all

Perdido Key/ Treasure Hill area. Laid back, easy access to the GoM and grab the bait at Grays Tackle. Winn Dixie, Wal Mart, Target, Publix, gas and plenty of bars near by. Look at homes in the area also. Do not get tunnel vision on a condo. I am scouting an addition home in the area to rent.
Old 05-22-2012, 03:10 PM   #8
Cigar Minnow

Thanks fellas. My mother is coming down on a recon mission the first week of June. Which condos would be the best for fishing/boating on Perdido Key. We saw a few in Caribe that looked nice and close to the pass.
crthrs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2012, 04:29 PM   #9
Snapper

I'm moving into Condos at Galia which right outside the back gate of NAS. Im guessing that is the closest you can possibly be to pensacola pass without being onbase. There is a marina right behind the condo called lost key marina, which has wet slips and dry docks. address is 10099 Nelle Ave
BigSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2012, 04:47 PM   #10
Trigger

dont know what the dock situation is at Caribe, i do not think they have their own ramp but other than that its as close to the pass as you can get. lots of amenities so it seems to rent well. looks like there is a nice 3/2 at shipwatch. it has good docks but dont know if they do assigned slips, youd have to launch and take out each time. Beach and Yacht club does some assigned slips but keeps plenty open for trailer boats as well.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in