Fenwick Elite Tech Inshore Rods - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > General Discussion
Register Fishing Photos FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Advertise

Old 10-22-2019, 03:44 PM   #1
Snapper

Default Fenwick Elite Tech Inshore Rods

Does anyone around the Pensacola area sell these rods?
bamacpa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2019, 06:52 PM   #2
Grouper

Sam's Bait and Tackle in OBA.
etrade92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2019, 10:40 PM   #3
Sailfish

On the same topic, who in the area has the best selection of rods that are not made by Star? I have several and love them but it seems that 95% of the rods at GBBT & Outcast are star.
Corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2019, 10:48 PM   #4
Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by etrade92 View Post
Sam's Bait and Tackle in OBA.
Thanks! Maybe I can check them out next time Iím over that way. Hoping for somewhere a little closer.
Old 10-25-2019, 09:23 AM   #5
Squid technician
Grand Slam

As already mentioned, we carry several series of Fenwick here at our shop including the ET Inshore. I usually carry every model in the series as well.
Saturday 9-9
Chris V is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2019, 10:55 AM   #6
Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris V View Post
As already mentioned, we carry several series of Fenwick here at our shop including the ET Inshore. I usually carry every model in the series as well.
Thanks Chris. I actually purchased an HMG 7'6" MLF from you a couple of years ago. I recently broke the tip on it and was thinking of replacing it with the ET Inshore 7'6" MLF. I have a Loomis E6X Inshore ML, but the tip on it is too soft for my liking. I fish mostly artificials. I would love to hear what you say regarding the ET Inshore as a replacement. Stick with the HMG or go to the ET Inshore or another rod?
Old 10-25-2019, 11:41 AM   #7
Squid technician
Grand Slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamacpa View Post
Thanks Chris. I actually purchased an HMG 7'6" MLF from you a couple of years ago. I recently broke the tip on it and was thinking of replacing it with the ET Inshore 7'6" MLF. I have a Loomis E6X Inshore ML, but the tip on it is too soft for my liking. I fish mostly artificials. I would love to hear what you say regarding the ET Inshore as a replacement. Stick with the HMG or go to the ET Inshore or another rod?
If you broke the tip on it in a semi-reasonable way (not a door, ceiling fan, etc) bring it to me and we can swap it out for a new one or credit towards an upgrade.

The Elite Tech 7'6" ML vs the HMG 7'6" ML really boils down to feel over action. The action is very close, but the ET Inshore is a lighter rod for sure. I do wish they would've used a skeleton-style seat on the ET in that action. All models of ET Inshore have a skeleton seat until you hit the 7'6" and 8'0" rods. Then it's a traditional style seat.

I also have the new Fenwick Techna PX rods in stock but they don't make a 7'6" spinning rod in that lineup.
Saturday 9-9
Old 10-25-2019, 11:55 AM   #8
Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris V View Post
If you broke the tip on it in a semi-reasonable way (not a door, ceiling fan, etc) bring it to me and we can swap it out for a new one or credit towards an upgrade.

The Elite Tech 7'6" ML vs the HMG 7'6" ML really boils down to feel over action. The action is very close, but the ET Inshore is a lighter rod for sure. I do wish they would've used a skeleton-style seat on the ET in that action. All models of ET Inshore have a skeleton seat until you hit the 7'6" and 8'0" rods. Then it's a traditional style seat.

I also have the new Fenwick Techna PX rods in stock but they don't make a 7'6" spinning rod in that lineup.
Thanks so much Chris! It broke while casting a 1/4oz jighead. Still trying to figure out what happened. I'm trying to match my rod up to a Stradic Ci4+ 2500 so I'm looking for a lighter rod. The HMG was just a little heavy for that reel in my opinion. How late are you working today?
Old 10-25-2019, 12:33 PM   #9
Squid technician
Grand Slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamacpa View Post
Thanks so much Chris! It broke while casting a 1/4oz jighead. Still trying to figure out what happened. I'm trying to match my rod up to a Stradic Ci4+ 2500 so I'm looking for a lighter rod. The HMG was just a little heavy for that reel in my opinion. How late are you working today?
I'm here til 7 today
Saturday 9-9

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in