Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Ever lose your camera/cell phone/keys or whatever in your fishing pants?

501 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Rickpcfl 
#1 ·
I have missed many photo opportunities because I couldn't get to my camera. I hate fishing pants. Not only are they uncomfortable and absolutely unwiped butt ugly on most people it is a painintheass to access some of the many pockets. I can feel stuff in there but can't figure out how to get it out.

Same goes for some of the longlegged tiny fly drawers. Heaven help you if you have diabetes and have to pee frequently and find yourself wearing those abortions. I dang near wet my pants while fishing yesterday. I actually had to drop my pants to haul out Herman. I was about one RCH from wetting my pants.

#2 · (Edited)
I wear hospital scrubs when fishing. They are long pants to protect from sun, black flies, and other stuff, but lightweight and comfortable and I can wear them over shorts or swimtrunks and peel off whenever I want. Durable in the wash. I finally am getting holes in the three pairs I have now; I've had them since 1998. I just drop trow when I need to pee, I don't care. If I need to be respectfully discrete I just sit on a bucket. I keep my phone on the boat console right behind the windshield, because for some reason when I'm fishing my wife feels the need to text me with whatever thought pops into her head that 20 years ago we would have talked about over dinner, but these days must be shared immediately. I don't keep anything valuable in my pockets while I'm on the boat. My keys and wallet are in a zipped ziploc bag with some air in it so it would be sure to float. If I need to jump in the water for whatever fell or blew out of the boat, I don't want to have to think about what's in my shorts. Wait... what's in my shorts?

I have no idea why this is relevant, but seemed as relevant as the original post so there ya go. :thumbsup:

Reactions: SHunter
#4 ·
I love my fishing pants but scrubs do sound like a good idea.

I have a small watertight drybox I bought from wal-mart that I put keys/wallet/phones in. It keeps stuff dry and floats. I started using it canoeing and diving and realized it served the same purpose on a boat fishing.

Oh it is also much easier to get to than pockets in fishing pants.

#6 ·
I have missed many photo opportunities because I couldn't get to my camera. I hate fishing pants. Not only are they uncomfortable and absolutely unwiped butt ugly on most people it is a painintheass to access some of the many pockets. I can feel stuff in there but can't figure out how to get it out.

Same goes for some of the longlegged tiny fly drawers. Heaven help you if you have diabetes and have to pee frequently and find yourself wearing those abortions. I dang near wet my pants while fishing yesterday. I actually had to drop my pants to haul out Herman. I was about one RCH from wetting my pants.
I have never used the fly on underwear. I always just pull the front down until it is low enough to pull my junk out.

It would probably be entertaining reading to discuss all the different ways that men use to access their junk to pee. But people think I'm weird enough as it is; they would really stay away if I started a thread asking "How do you get to your penis?". <<edited to remove smiley face as it was creepy next to that question LOL >>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.