Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

e-tec repower

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Pinksnappertrapper 
#1 ·
Are you guys having good luck with the new e-tecs..........I had 2 friends repower, they got rid of thier Merc opti's and went with new e-tecs 225's, one guys powerhead went out at 85 hrs and the other guys out at 70 hrs I am saving for a 26ft Twin Vee and was considering about powering with e-tecs, but I have heard to many of these storys about powerheads going out on them early. I have a 20ft Century center console with a Yamaha 150 saltwater series 2 stroke. It has been nothing short of incredible for the 7 years I have had it, but the fuel economy has not been incredible. The new Twin Vee will be powered with either Yamadogs or Zukie 4 strokes..... I am leaning toward the Zukes.

#4 ·
I like yamahas. I have heard less negative things about them than anyone else. Actually I don't think that I have ever heard someone say that they dislike yamahas. I know someone that just got their e-tecs serviced recently and one went out shortly after. That's just my 2 cents.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.