Did you steal little red? - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > General Discussion

Like Tree50Likes

Old 08-29-2015, 12:56 AM   #1
Grand Slam

Default Did you steal little red?

It was 28 years ago when my bride of one week and i made our first major purchase - we spent $89 at the brand new Milton Walmart on "lil red". We were married in early August and by the time September got here we saw that we were going to have to cut the grass before winter. I remember we both really wanted a BBQ grill but we were really proud of lil red. I guess the purchase really made us feel like adults. We brought her home and I cut that 1/4 acre of grass every week. I popped out a piece of skirting around the bottom of our mobile home and rolled lil red right under the bathroom so she wouldn't get wet. A few years later we built a small home in Mulat and started a family. We decided that family came first and my wife quit her job to stay home with the kids. I worked a lot during those years and she always kept the grass cut with lil red. You never had to pull the cord more than twice to hear that lil Briggs and Stratton come to life. Eventually we purchased a riding mower, and turned the "trimming up" over to red. In 28 years she never failed us. With each passing year our lives became fuller and better and lil red remained consistent. I have probably owned 5 string trimmers that have all been junked - lil red was way better.
I took lil red to work one day to trim around the shop, when I finished I pushed her to my truck and I guess I didn't notice her that Friday afternoon when I left. It kinda makes me sad to think about her just sittin there as I drove off without her.
If you saw lil red sittin there in my parking lot and decided to take her, well you may be surprised but I hope your young and just married, I hope that your not really a thief but that the summer heat has clouded your judgement along with making your grass grow, and I hope you care enough to keep it cut. I hope you and you wife will work together in your yard and that the time you spend together there will strengthen your relationship like it did with us. I hope lil red never fails you, I hope you take good care of her.......and I hope you never have to pull her more than twice. Enjoy

Last edited by Try'n Hard; 08-29-2015 at 12:02 PM.
Try'n Hard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2015, 01:26 AM   #2
VIP of the PFF
Grand Slam

Good story Try'n , and good for you on wishing them well. Now to the bastards that took Try'ns lawnmower bring it back before we hunt you down and beat you to death with it.
Old 08-29-2015, 01:41 AM   #3
Sailfish

I hope they slip in dog shit the first time out and cut all 5 toes off with the stolen mower.....It's above me to be forgiving(yes.I read the Good Book)...but still believe in Karma.
Smarty and Boat-Dude like this.
scott44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2015, 02:00 AM   #4
VIP of the PFF
Grand Slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott44 View Post
I hope they slip in dog shit the first time out and cut all 5 toes off with the stolen mower......
Now that's funny !
Big Red likes this.
Old 08-29-2015, 07:31 AM   #5
Grand Slam

Half the folk in Milton don't even know where our walmart once was. Damn wish I had bought stock when I started working at Delchamps next door!!!
jaster is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2015, 10:15 AM   #6
*^* JaiBo *^*
Grand Slam

Great story brother, but I'm sorry to say someone probably threw it on a trailer and hauled it in fer scrap!!! You probably should have checked the scrap yard in east Milton!!!

Philippians 1:21

21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2015, 10:28 AM   #7
White Marlin

I think I may have teared up!
Deeplines and foxtrotuniform like this.
Old 08-29-2015, 10:31 AM   #8
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Try'n Hard View Post
It was 28 years ago when my bride of one week and i made our first major purchase - we spent $89 at the brand new Milton Walmart on "lil red". We were married in early August and by the time September got here we saw that we were going to have to cut the grass before winter. I remember we both really wanted a BBQ grill but we were really proud of lil red. I guess the purchase really made us feel like adults. We brought her home and I cut that 1/4 acre of grass every week. I popped out a piece of skirting around the bottom of our mobile home and rolled lil red right under the bathroom so she wouldn't get wet. A few years later we built a small home in Mulat and started a family. We decided that family came first and my wife quit her job to stay home with the kids. I worked a lot during those years and she always kept the grass cut with lil red. You never had to pull the cord more than twice to hear that lil Briggs and Stratton come to life. Eventually we purchased a riding mower, and turned the "trimming up" over to red. In 28 years she never failed us. With each passing year our lives became fuller and better and lil red remained consistent. I have probably owned 5 string trimmers that have all been junked - lil red was way better.
I took lil red to work one day to trim around the shop, when I finished I pushed her to my truck and I guess I didn't notice her that Friday afternoon when I left. It kinda makes me sad to think about her just sittin there as I drove off without her.
If you saw lil red sittin there in my parking lot and decided to take her, well you may be surprised but I hope your young and just married, I hope that your not really a thief but that the summer heat has clouded your judgement along with making your grass grow, and I hope you care enough to keep it cut. I hope you and you wife will work together in your yard and that the time you spend together there will strengthen your relationship like it did with us. I hope lil red never fails you, I hope you take good care of our lil red....and I hope you never have to pull her more than twice. Enjoy

Outstanding.

Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Mike aka FishWerks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2015, 12:39 PM   #9
Ruby Red Lip

You need to see if they'll hire you at the News Journal. You're a better writer than any of those nitwits they have down there.
Sandhills Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2015, 12:54 PM   #10
Trigger

that was a brilliant story. may your mower cut in peace
froggy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in