Deadliest catch captain Phill Harris suffered a stroke - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > General Discussion
Register Fishing Photos FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Advertise

Old 01-31-2010, 11:38 PM   #1
Grouper

Default Deadliest catch captain Phill Harris suffered a stroke

No date or time given - saw this on another website

http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/de...h/phil-harris/

"Phil Harris suffered a stroke while in port off-loading from the F/V Cornelia Marie. He has been transported to a medical facility and is receiving the best care possible. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and we will make more information available as we know it."
Mullethead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2010, 11:42 PM   #2
Ruby Red Lip

Default RE: Deadliest catch captain Phill Harris suffered a stroke

I like phil.Sorry to hear that happened. Does anyone know when the series starts back up??
B3245 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2010, 12:16 AM   #3
Sailfish

Quote:
Mullethead (1/31/2010)No date or time given - saw this on another website

http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/de...h/phil-harris/

"Phil Harris suffered a stroke while in port off-loading from the F/V Cornelia Marie. He has been transported to a medical facility and is receiving the best care possible. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and we will make more information available as we know it."

There's a surprise. He pounds red bull, coffee, and cigarettes and gets no sleep. Have you heard what red bull does to your arteries?

Quote:
Red Bull increases a healthy person?s risk of stroke after just one can. This disappointing conclusion has arrived from a recent Australian study, as reported on Reuters. The blood becomes ?sticky,? after imbibing just one can of the sugar-free energy drink. This blood characteristic is common in a person prior to a stroke or other cardiovascular problem. The combination of a Red Bull type drink and stress could be deadly. Researcher Scott Willoughby, remarks about the healthy study participants:

Red bull and stress = stroke. Think Phil qualifies?

http://www.broowaha.com/articles/398...eet-your-maker

choppedliver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2010, 01:39 AM   #4
Grouper

It is sad that he did not make some changes after his last health scare.

I hope he recovers, and that he makes some better choices.

Of course it should also be said that a stroke can affect anyone at any time. There are risk factors, and things we can do to avoid them but they are 'no respecter of persons'.

Sailing_Faith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2010, 09:49 AM   #5
Sailfish

Send a message via AIM to MGuns

<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">I also liked Phil, I hope he recovers OK and can press on. If I had a choice of boats to work on I would probably have to go with the Northwestern though.
MGuns is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2010, 10:38 AM   #6
Sailfish

I liked the old guy too, but I also though man this guy is going to send himself to an early grave if he keeps this up
choppedliver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2010, 10:54 AM   #7
Snapper

Quote:
MGuns (2/1/2010)<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">I also liked Phil, I hope he recovers OK and can press on. If I had a choice of boats to work on I would probably have to go with the Northwestern though.
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">I lost a lot of respect for Sig Hansen when he signed a contract to endorse russian king crab that was caught illegally. The boxes of these king crabs have pictures of Sig and the Northwestern on them, so most people buying them believe they are buying crab caught by Dutch Harbor vessels. I understand the man is just trying to make every dollar he can, but what he did misleads consumers..not mention the crab probably wasn't caught in a legal fashion. <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...rabsde13m.html<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">
Fiver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2010, 06:24 AM   #8
Mingo

Last year didn't Phil say the doctors told him to stay off the boat? After passing that clot the doctors told him to give it up and find a job on land. Sure hate to hear this as I liked the give and take with him and his sons.

As far as Sig, I have a feeling it is going to get harder and harder for them to keep going out and making a profit. Could be a matter of time before they all hang it up.
foxbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2010, 10:27 AM   #9
Sailfish

Send a message via AIM to MGuns

Quote:
Fiver (2/1/2010)
Quote:
MGuns (2/1/2010)<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">I also liked Phil, I hope he recovers OK and can press on. If I had a choice of boats to work on I would probably have to go with the Northwestern though.
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">I lost a lot of respect for Sig Hansen when he signed a contract to endorse russian king crab that was caught illegally. The boxes of these king crabs have pictures of Sig and the Northwestern on them, so most people buying them believe they are buying crab caught by Dutch Harbor vessels. I understand the man is just trying to make every dollar he can, but what he did misleads consumers..not mention the crab probably wasn't caught in a legal fashion. <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...rabsde13m.html<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">I hadn't heard that. Damn that doesn't sound like him or maybe it does. He definitely strives for the bottom line dollars. Thanks.
MGuns is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2010, 06:18 AM   #10
Mingo

That sucks, he was a good captain. Should of quit though, no choice at all now. Sometimes life will get the better of you, especially if you abuse your health.
tofer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in