Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Danderious / Reckless !!!!

5K views 28 replies 21 participants last post by  tow boatin 
#1 ·
Take note of this Dangerous Boat Captain !!!!! Please pass the word , this guy don't need to be running a tricycle much less a Cattle boat
( party boat ) It's no Party aboard this vessel... He almost sunk me and pop today with his Reckless behavior

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I'm gonna guess the big boat, ran up on the little boat on a "spot" and crowded the little guy off the spot. Mods evidently we need a sticky for "close up" pics of boats getting crowded...

#15 ·
Depth of field is hard to capture distance. That why guy's knuckles look so large as a fellow holds a fish in, towards a camera (cheating)

Sea states look small in a picture. Really they do.

A boat a few feet away can look further away.

I'll be interested to hear how close the other boat got.

But if the second boat makes the first boat abandon his anchor should be arrested if it's his drift, he is a jerk. First guy drifting should have the right of way.

Jim

#16 ·
Jim I have no idea if that guy can drive a boat but in general charter boats don't drift, they hold up right on the numbers. That is if there any good! I have fished next to plenty of small boats around the trolling ally and the Fl bridge rubble, most near misses are little boats drifting into me. My boat will be stuck like an anchor. I usually just bump around them and there is never any problem, I usually walk out side and ask how there doing. Life is way to short to let fishing piss you off.

#17 ·
Okay, How close will you get to an anchored boat? Will you respect "flat lines" going sometimes upstream of the boat?

I would... to a point. I think an anchored boat owns an area around his boat. A responsible answer would respect all his flatlines, kites, etc in any direction.

Even if if a guy is kite fishing on the 3 barges on a kayak I'd say the same.

Fish AROUND the guy who got there first. If the other Captain thinks you are too close... you probably are too close.

JNHO,

Jim

#20 ·
This capt . announced on his Loud Speaker " The reason I'm so close is I'm trying to get back on " My Spot " !! which We were there first and it isa Public number which is one of the " perdido bridge rubble . We did have a flat line out which If I didn't pull it in he would have had it in his Props.
The seas were extremely rough to be coming this close to any vessel . We were in danger of a collision.. he was much closer than the picture,, you just don't grab a camera when your life is in -danger
This is Un -called for , reckless operation of a vessel.

#22 ·
This capt . announced on his Loud Speaker " The reason I'm so close is I'm trying to get back on " My Spot " !! which We were there first and it isa Public number which is one of the " perdido bridge rubble . We did have a flat line out which If I didn't pull it in he would have had it in his Props.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In his own words, sure sounds like an admission to me.
But hey, it is public water, so he has every right to bump you and run you off, or dive right under your boat, right ?
BS

#21 ·
"Price cutting" ???

My oh my, sounds like that is out. So that must mean "Price Fixing" is in. Yep, were all equal, right?

I gotta say, for a bunch of "Independent fishermen", I'm surprised no one questions this kind of talk. Business is business, or maybe it's not, on the water? If someone wants to sell "widgets" cheaper than a competitor, why is that such a bad, immoral thing? When the local "Tire Store" does it, is that immoral or bad?

I thought immoral was someone that is not honest? What's honest about "Price fixing"................ Oh that's right, we're all equal........... and I'm the friggin tooth fairy!

Gotta say, I'm not surprised who injected that comment. A whining competitor. Fairwater, you just don't know when to "hold em".

#23 · (Edited)
When we were out there on Saturday, we heard a guy come on Ch16 and start blasting a guy for getting too close to him on the Tex Edwards and trying to tell this guy that it was "LAW" that no one could come within 100 yards of an anchored dive boat and literally going nuts at this guy. I chuckled and thought that this crazy yelling idiot does not actually know the law and is making a fool out of himself on CH16.

Point being that there were a "LOT" of people on the water this past weekend and I am sure that all the public stuff was covered up and the tempers ran hot at a lot of places this past weekend. It was a rat race to get south out of Pensacola Pass this past weekend. We ran a ways to the east to get away from people and we seemed to do a good job of it. We were finishing up a dive on a section out to the east and a boat came up and acted like they wanted to fish the same spot. They patiently waited off in the distance. Once our divers came up, we moved on and gave him the spot. Was nice to see someone with patience for once. We were going to dive the spot again, but decided to move on since they patiently waited.

I just smile and wave at all the idiots and boats and keep fishing. If they come close to me, I invite them to jump on my boat since they seem to want to fish where I am. I usually get an evil stare back when I invite them to do that.

#24 ·
If I'm on a spot first I'm not leaving it until I want to. If someone gets too close, I ask them if they would like to get in my boat and fish with me :) Other boats usually pull away at that point. Never had a problem with charters getting too close. Try to swamp me though.......PTSD moment.

#28 ·
Sounds like our gooberment is doing probably as they planned it. Squeeze us all in a short fishing window and let us cut each others throats trying to get a freakin snapper. After a few more seasons like this, there will be a bunch of fisherman throwing in the towel saying it`s not worth it anymore. :wallbash:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.