Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Cow nose& southern ray bowfishing

871 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  MrFish 
#1 ·
So I’m in need of some help. So recently I started getting into bowfishing, but mainly bowfishing rays. I am at the moment in the Santa Rosa area. I’ve been going out for the last couple nights in a row looking for rays but sadly have had no luck. For some reason I just can’t seem to find them, so I was wondering if maybe someone could give me so tips and info on where one might be able to find some. As well as also maybe some info on like when the the cownose actually start showing up. So any kind of tips is and would be so helpful. Please and thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 ·
There is a popular place in Pensacola to shoot them. There was a charterboat captain from Alabama that would go to the spot at night time and shoot lots of them. It caused such an uproar, the story made the news. At the end of the day, there is no law against it, and no limitations on the number you can kill.

#9 ·
If it's the one I'm thinking of, he caused an uproar cause he was shooting stingrays, cutting the barbs off and "releasing" them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.